Newspaper Lapithos Lapdog 23-03-2014 Issue 5

DeletedUser

RFPevRq.png

IN THIS ISSUE

In this fifth issue of the Lapithos Lapdog, I have misjudged the time I needed to dedicate to this new format, so I will just be showing off my new format of wars, which includes a summary of each core ocean, including more war stats and my own opinion on the ocean. Next week there will be more interviews and it will be a regular issue, but I hope you enjoy this one!

OCEAN 54

Black Legion 24-4 The Elders & Juggernauts (they merged in a way)
WARGASM 4-1 Juggernauts

rExslqx.png

Blue - Black Legion
Yellow - Juggernauts
Red - WARGASM

So as we can see, Juggernauts are taking a massive pounding from both Black Legion and WARGASM. The map above suggests that Juggernauts had their core center taken, as they are split in half, by the hand of Black Legion. This gives BL a massive tactical advantage over Juggernauts. The ocean is practically belonging to BL, although even I would argue that is my own biased view, as a member of Black Legion. If you had seen the attacks Juggernauts send though, you'd agree with me!

Nothing at all happening in the north east concerning the top 3, so any aspiring alliances may want to go there before Black Legion get there!

I would personally assume WARGASM are just cleaning up their core for the moment; instead of finding a tactical stronghold in 54, they are just strengthening what they already own. Perhaps a wise move? Are they active enough to hold a small stronghold? WE will see in upcoming weeks!

OCEAN 55

Check Mate 8-1 Lost Souls (II)
Check Mate 51-0 Active Elite (And Academy)

hp4gZhA.png

Blue - Check Mate
Red - Lost Souls (II)
Yellow - Active Elite (Academy)

Clear domination shown here by Check Mate in the north, no other alliance really has a strong enough presence in 55 to have an ocean war. Active Elite (Academy) have no real closely knit core island to fight from either, as Check Mate have pounded them the last few weeks. Lost Souls have their strongest presence in 45, so I am not going to judge them on their progress in 55, and they are certainly more successful than Active Elite have been! Will anybody close the gaps, and not let Check Mate occur? Let's find out who has he bravery and brawns to do so!

OCEAN 45

qYx2CNn.png

Blue - Lost Souls (II)
Red - Friggin Spiders
Yellow - Potential Death

45 is boring in war terms, with the top 3 alliances each having less than 80-100 conquests, and there is no clear war present, making the ocean very hard to comment on. Each alliance appears to leave the other alone and have it's own core. Potential Death are in the south west, Lost Souls in the middle, and Friggin spiders in the north east. Hopefully some fights will occur in the near future, please correct me if I am wrong, but there are NO wars here?? Maybe Check Mate will go for the core and have easy BP here!! Lost Souls are in the middle, and could struggle if Friggin Spiders and Potential Death pounded them from both sides, although we will have to wait and see!

OCEAN 44

BD. Bellum se ipsum alet 28-0 Guardians of Hades
Grim Reapers 0-14 Knights

YH7AO34.png

Blue - BD. Bellum se ipsum alet
Red - Grim Reapers
Yellow - Black Legion

Last but not least, O44 is poor this time round. Black Legion, who have only 48 cities in 44, are in third place. Their core ocean is 54, and by their conquests, we can see they aren't focused on 44 at all! Yet they sit in 3rd place.

Bellum se ipsum alet (BSIA) completely control this ocean, hammering Guardians of Hades 28-0! All in rather quick succession as well, let us hope that they make 44 what it's renowned to be - the elite core battle ocean! Because Grim Reapers are getting pounded by Knights who are not even in the top 3, and Black Legion are not focused here, so they are the only challenge! Although I would note that Fire Breathing Kittens are growing fast, and they sit in 4th place in point rankings. An alliance on the rise! Beware Lapithos, and more importantly, beware BSIA!

GENERAL INTERVIEWS

All the people interviewed are members of Black Legion, not leaders but regular members. They spoke to me about how they thought the world is going at this present time

Anonymous Black Legion Player

How do you think the world is shaping up so far?
Oceans are shapping themselves, we can see that from the rankings, I think we'll have a world war, maybe sooner than later, just don't know the sides yet. Probably one MRA will keep here, the others will fall.
Can you pick out your personal favourite alliance from each core ocean (44, 54, 55, 45)?
44- BD. Bellum se ipsum alet 45- LostSouls 54- Black Legion 55- Check Mate
Name your favourite players in the world?
Wahanok, FlyingMonkeyBoy, Thomatheus, Raf3kik, DirtyGoon, StealingYourCity, Juan De Fuca, WerdIV and Move.

PatrickM234

I think the world is taking shape nicely and we can see the cream starting to rise to the top, I am sure we will see a few more turtle MRA's break up soon and make way for stability across all the true alliances.
Can you pick out your personal favourite alliance from each core ocean (44, 54, 55, 45)?
44 - Dont know much in 44, quite like the look of FBK, few of them in 44,
54 - Black Legion - got to be easily the guys on the up in this ocean, I believe its only a matter of time before Juggernauts succumb to BL the way The Elders have.
55 - Cant see past Check mate to be honest, think move. is a shrewd leader, lot of respect for him and the teams style of play.
45 - Think Lost Souls have shown a lot of promise and growth in the last week and pretty much own the ocean

Gotta be DirtyGoon and Move. - Goon is a good laugh and has very good organisational skills, Move. has a good rapport with our guys and has always been fair when dealing with us.

Dusty019

I'm not very familiar with everything happening in the world, however O54 is doing very well from the perspective of Black Legion. we are taking islands and cities, and have generated a really good forward momentum. Check Mate to the south of us in O55 are rocking pretty hard too.
Out in 44 I need to give a nod to fire breathing kittens. Together with Black Legion, our western edge is covered well. 54 obviously is my own alliance, Black Legion. 55 would be Check Mate. 45 would be the friggin spiders.
I wouldn't name them a 'favorite', but I have to tip my hat to DirtyGoon. He is a very aggressive player and will help any alliance member. Always available to chat, message, or post. All he needs is a new video card ;)

Thank you all for the positive or constructive feedback, it all helps and it has made the paper what it is today. I will add the last 2 interviews Monday, I am nearly falling asleep here, so apologies if I have any mistakes or errors.
Matty​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That 1st anonymous players looks like a very inteligent person...
I like the format, and I think you told everything there was to be told this week

DeletedUser33512

That 1st anonymous players looks like a very inteligent person...
I like the format, and I think you told everything there was to be told this week

Hi Anonymous player ^Waves^

DeletedUser6378

nice job I like that. would +rep but it wont let me.

DeletedUser

Great job as always. Better selection of colors would be better.

I did think this to be honest, but I just ran out of time, so I didn't really have the time to mess about with the colours, I was just getting the paper up :)

Added 2 more interviews, named people

DeletedUser

very good as usual .... though one score should actually read Grim Reapers 0 Knights 13 :)

DeletedUser45085

good read, but it seems more like a PnP than a newspaper. all the views in here are from BL. I mean, sure all newspapers are essentially propaganda, but you can hide it better :p

DeletedUser

Someone in BL likes me then always good to know :p Nice read but yeah you could get a better spread of interviews i am always up for one :)

DeletedUser

good read, but it seems more like a PnP than a newspaper. all the views in here are from BL. I mean, sure all newspapers are essentially propaganda, but you can hide it better :p

He had no interviews so I sugested I would give him one, then he got 3

DeletedUser46310

If you had seen the attacks Juggernauts send though, you'd agree with me!
I've seen no such thing as "an attack from Juggers" ... I did see an incomming once, some 10 days or so but it dissapeared as soon as it popped out so I fugured out I was drunk and triping :)) Anyway good stuff

DeletedUser

I've seen them attacking so much I even attacked with 48 birs(it was fire ships only lol)

DeletedUser

I know because I was going to have no interviews, because I ran out of time. When I was too tired to stay up much more, I realised I had forgot interviews, so I asked 3 questions to 3 players who I knew for certain were online so I could get it done quick

DeletedUser45085

He had no interviews so I sugested I would give him one, then he got 3

At first I thought you were anonymous, then I noticed that anonymous likes raf3kik so now im trying to figure out which player have I left a good impression on in BL :p

I know because I was going to have no interviews, because I ran out of time. When I was too tired to stay up much more, I realised I had forgot interviews, so I asked 3 questions to 3 players who I knew for certain were online so I could get it done quick

no worries, thanks for doing the paper and putting in the time. looking forward to next issue already.

DeletedUser

At first I thought you were anonymous, then I noticed that anonymous likes raf3kik so now im trying to figure out which player have I left a good impression on in BL :p

I'm also lier extraordinaire