Newspaper Lapithos Lapdog SPECIAL EDITION 23/02/2014

DeletedUser

flamingtext_com_1393161586_1043471537.png

SPECIAL EDITION: END OF BP INTERVIEWS

In this Issue

- Interviews with most if not all the leaders in the top 12

This will be updated as and when the leaders answer the questions, so check this regularly for updates. I started the subject once 3 alliances had replied. These are the questions I asked, and will all be in this order except for Vindictive Bunnies.

1) What made you pick X for your alliance name?
2) Has your alliance played together before on a different world?
3) In your eyes, who is the best alliance in the world so far?
4) Do you wish to share any interesting facts you know about your alliance or other alliances?
5) Have you got any potential pacts or enemies in mind?

However this one is for Vindictive Bunnies (who I interviewed first)

1) In your eyes, who is the best alliance in the world?
2) You have recently merged with Vindicta, and this pushed your points and members up to get into the top 12. Apart from that, what was your thinking behind this merge? What made you accept/ask for the merge?
3) Do you have any potential pacts or enemies in mind?
4) Has your alliance played together on another world? If so which one?
5) What made you choose Vindictive Bunnies as your name?

Apologies for the inconvenience

CHECK MATE - "MOVE"

Note - Question 6 for Move was: Your alliance is 1st in points, 1st in abp, dbp and overall bp. This must be an encouraging start, with the end of BP just around the corner?

1. Well it's a strategical game, you have to be one step infront of your opponent. People will know when the Check Mate is coming
2. Many of us has, but no doubt it's a whole new team
3. As BP hasn't ended yet this is total meaningless in my eyes, I can only answer based on what I've seen so far, which isn't much, but I'd say Check Mate and Vindictive Bunnies. Hopefully there will be many alliances showing themselves when BP runs out.
4. Might not be strategical wise to reveal to much, so not really
5. The same
6. The only way I read the current rankings, as everyone is still under BP, is that our players knows what they're doing and completes the island quests. Will be interesting to see how these rankings change when the game really begins.

THE NEW CORPS - "NAZ-KAY

Note: 6th question is - What made you decide to create an academy, whilst we are still in BP?

1) The new corps is named the New Corps after the "Old Corps" or just "The Corps" in Hermonassa, an alliance I made there and failed with due to very lazy leaders. We had nearly 200 members and was impossible to run alone.

2) We never played before in a different world, maybe one or 2 of us from Hermonassa.

3) In my eyes, the best alliance in this world right now is Check Mate due to the fact that they appear to be spending real money on this game to get their selves built up fast. I know its not cheating by doing this but it feels like the rest of us are being cheated as not everybody has the luxury of having money to spend on games these days.

4) None at present

5) We have a pact with the Ottomans at present but no others in mind right now, too early to tell.

6) I decided to do the academy alliance due to the fact that the amount of applications I was getting by people to join, I did not want to turn them away because we were getting close to 100 members so fast and early on so I figured that I would send my trusted general to open The New Corps II. They seem to be doing better off than us right now too which is very amazing! I couldn't have asked for any better. Seems to give us a little advantage. If the applications still keep coming as they have been, I will have to open up a 3rd alliance!

THE OTTOMANS - "ERAYERAY61

~Coming Soon~

SPARTANS - "JACKB123"

No comment. Reason ~ 'You're fishing for info'

GRIM SLEEPERS - "BADBOY96"

1) I wanted to be unusually.
2) No this is first time.
3) Check Mate.
4) Why not.
5) For now I do not have any potential pacts or enemy, how world grow then our alliance consider who will be the enemy and who will be in the Pact.

GUARDIANS OF HADES - "RICHARD KEELEY"

~Coming Soon~

NEVER WALK ALONE - "TYSON K"

1. I think that Never Walk Alone is the perfect name to represent us. This name shows the importance of teamwork, communication and cooperation. These things help you succeed.
2. Well, I'm a player from another server so Never Walk Alone has been founded for the first time here, on grepolis.net. I had several attempts to build Never Walk Alone on more servers but I failed because of more factors.
3. Considering that the battle protection not ended yet, I can't say who is the best alliance in the world. However, Check Mate seems to have all the necessary things to "win" this title ( very experienced players, good average points and #1 ranked in top 12 ).
4. About mine, not really. Including other alliances, I see the small alliances merging into big ones so this makes the war more interesting. Some big alliances will dissapear thanks to disorganization.
5. Considering that Ocean 55 is the most populated ocean in the world ATM there will be pacts and enemies so yes, I got any potential pacts or enemies in mind. Every founder makes plans and does everything possible to keep his alliance "alive". Regarding pacts, will be more changes, betrayals, unexpected moves during this world.

S.P.Q.R EMPIRE - "TIMKO666"

~Coming Soon~

SQUIDBILLIES SCOURGE - "TDL260"

~Coming Soon~

THE ELDERS - "ALJO16"

1.) It is a great name for me atleast, i think it brings out the point that we are not looking for begginers but mostly for experienced players, that have experience winning this game.
2.) We are all new, except a few that helped in the making of this alliance, others have come from the older worlds looking for a good alliance.
3.) Well it is too earlly to say something like that, as it is not even a week in the game, so i cant comment on this questions. However i see many good alliances, but i dont know how orginesed they are, and how long they will last. This will be shown when the wars start and we will see who is making points in cities and who can acctually fight.
4.) Well we would like to win this world, but we have some fun members who keep things fun and fresh on the forums as well.
5.) Well it is too earlly in the game for us to make enemies, we are disscussing pacts that is true, but it is nothing big so soon, cant comment with who, because that would bring unrepaireble consequenses.

VINDICTIVE BUNNIES - PRAWNS

Note: Remember the separate order here

1. There are definitely a few good alliances kicking about, not all of them in the top 12/15 however you like to do it. I would say many people are looking to get to the top, we'll see in the next few weeks who actually has what it takes :)
2. Points are not much.. I wouldn't care if we were 12th or 20th, we're currently 4th in ABP with only 100 points off second, and today is when the fun starts.. We merged to become an elite alliance, not a huge one.
3. It's too soon to go around asking for pacts, most people don't want them, and to be honest we haven't seen anyone that the pact would benefit both ways. Maybe in the future but for now we're just gonna keep it simple. If I told you the enemies, I would have to kill you ;)
4. Half and half.. Its complicated. A lot of us played a world together not long ago, Vindicta played Apollonia together. So to answer your question no, not as a whole alliance, but many of us have coordinated before.
5. Well... Vindicta and Pink Fluffy Bunnies, it was kind of the best option of merging the two names. It isn't too bad. Just a name I suppose.

Please leave feedback, this is a taster of what is to come in this world, and what is to come in this paper. Sorry if your alliance founder has not commented yet. I have not edited any of the quotes, out of respect, so apologies for any spelling mistakes. For copyright reasons, I must say go to www.flamingtext.com to get a title like mine for this paper. It is free for personal use, roughly $10 for commercial use.

I have put a lot of time and effort into this. Sorry if I have missed anything, please leave more feedback. This is not a full paper, just a special interviews edition for the end of BP :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nakierza

<b>King Andromeda</b>
Nice read, getting better. I would wait till you get all of the interviews done though. I know you put the questions above and then gave the answers according to number, but I suggest doing it like this:

1) *Question Goes Here* : -Answer from whoever is being interviewed-

DeletedUser

Thank you, I was going to do that but it took far too much time. I had to go out. I will do it for future individual interviews, when it's with one or two leaders

DeletedUser45438

Much improvement! Well done I can see the commitment in this one :p

DeletedUser

Thank you. It took me roughly 4 hours to get all interviews set up. I wanted to show here how I interpretted the feedback of issue 1, and how I will use it in the future :D I can see I achieved my goal. Also, you can find out some interesting facts here, like TNC are pacted with the Ottomans

DeletedUser30490

nice work mate but i think it will be easier for the readers if you,
post question in bold or whatever and then below each question put each leaders answers as quotes

E.g:-
1) What made you pick X for your alliance name?
Move said:
Well it's a strategical game, you have to be one step infront of your opponent. People will know when the Check Mate is coming

DeletedUser

How do you do the quote?? It never worked when I tried it, I had to edit it out. Thank you all, Druvi as I mentioned earlier I will do it in future interviews when it's with one or two leaders, but I was interviewing 11 here, that would've taken ages

DeletedUser30490

How do you do the quote?? It never worked when I tried it, I had to edit it out. Thank you all, Druvi as I mentioned earlier I will do it in future interviews when it's with one or two leaders, but I was interviewing 11 here, that would've taken ages

yup but it looks pleasing to the eye and catches other attention i think ;)

DeletedUser

Why don't you guys work together? Make one, extremely good one?