Largest Nukes!

DeletedUser

I would like to see who has the largest Nukes in gamma! If you got something impressive go ahead and post the screen shot here. Gotta have the screen shot to prove it. Bonus points if you show it in an attack report doing some major damage :D

DeletedUser

I had a 287 lights nuke before, wanna break 300, but I killed it the other night on some poor person. Will post in here when fully rebuilt :)

DeletedUser

I was hoping a thread like this would pop up after I posted in the Illu forums about this :D

So here she is:
23803683.jpg
That's right, 303 LS. The 304th is currently being built too ;)

I also have this:
52927914.jpg
Which isn't quite so impressive. I'm hoping to get to 400 but I'm not sure it's possible :D

I'm also currently building another LS nuke which can hold more than that one - at the moment it can hold 313LS but it takes a while to build them, what with a lvl 7 harbor and everything!

I'll be interested to see if anyone can top mine :p

DeletedUser

When I have some free city slots i'm gonna build a light and bi hub just to beat those two!

DeletedUser6812

no proof but have seen a 310 Ls nuke, cant remember who had it but pretty sure it was a donkey somewhere.

DeletedUser

i am trying to get a 1000 horsie nuke :D

EDIT:

will never happen unless you don't have transports

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Rackhir from THE SNOWMEN has the largest LS nukes ive ever seen. I remember seeing a LS nuke of 313. Most of his cities are in the 5-6k range. so although i do not have proof of it, based of the extremely low point average of his cities im sure u can imagine.

BTW ive been hit with one. They really stick it to ya.

DeletedUser

Personally, I would rather have the ability to replace my nukes faster with a level 30 harbour, and have my LS nukes attack faster with a Lighthouse. I just lost a nuke supporting a CS and took only 4 days to replace the losses of 245 LS.

Just my opinion.

Basil

DeletedUser

In my opinion, 186 lights isn't even a nuke :) That brings up the question of whether it is more effective to use nukes or not...

250+ lights is a nuke, and 300+ biremes is a 'nuke' (not normally called a nuke with bi's)

DeletedUser

i'd say at least 200+ LSs sorry ben but i think willschode is right 186 LSs wouldn't cause enough damage to your opponent and but they would be faster to rebuild. You would also want to hae about 5 186LS nukes just to match about 4 proper 250LS nukes

DeletedUser

i also agree that 186 is much to low to be considered a nuke. for me personally there is no point to maxing out a city in points. sure i could up my ranking tremendously if i did but i think i would be less effective with much smaller nukes in a game that favors defense.

i build larger nukes. around 270 LS. the bigger the nuke the larger the damage it inflicts. and that size nuke can still be accomplished with a level 30 harbor.

DeletedUser

taking into consideration that one bireme will always be built faster than a LS, for me it all goes into killing more than rebuilding quickier. Off course you don't need a 300 LS nuke, but it should be bigger than the 200's nukes.

Mind you too that if you have gold you can give a 10% Steroids to your LS, so your 186 ls will do more dmg anyway. I play without gold, so for me its all about big nukes :D

DeletedUser6812

Well im a points whore and love the fast build times or all my nukes.

Even tho I have smaller nukes I have more of them.
Not 100% sure but believe I have around 33-35 LS nukes.

I never throw all of them out as I always leave a reserve of LS's just incase someone tries to Cs me :D but my quantity of nukes makes up for the lack of having 260+nukes.

DeletedUser

313 eh?

321ed.jpg

And yes I know having all your nukes this big isn't practical in the long run, but having one or two like this can add some extra fire power while the rest deal with anything that happens while they are rebuilding.

EDIT: Slightly off topic but I just checked my rep, and whoever sent me that rep for my earlier post: that message made me LOL so hard :D

DeletedUser

haha nice RH. Who is going to be the lucky DJV that will get that dropped on them.... ;)

DeletedUser

i tend to agree with ben and basil (is that even possible?). if you are an active player, sustainability over maximum "nuke" just makes more sense to me. if you are going to try and take on the large players in gamma, you gotta be able to build/recover fast, and be able to turn over your city's specialization if necessary. an extra 100 pop. isn't going to make a whole lot of difference if they see you coming.

DeletedUser

As RHCP stated, a mix between the two sizes(as well as a mix of other things as well) is by far the best, it provides the versatility required to react to a variety of situations.

Also, luck shouldn't be discounted, getting -30% luck on a huge nuke like that would suck hard, although it's still possible with several nukes (just ask basil when he killed half my LS with almost every nuke getting over -20% luck) the chance of it happening is much lower so you can just throw 2-3 ls fleets at a target and more reliably expect the harbour to be clear.

DeletedUser

Maybe we could devote an area within the south to nuke building and testing, see how big and how much damage we can do :p