Latest Gold Idea on Beta. Step to far now

DeletedUser49197

Gerhard Florin, I demand you hear our complaints, even though I know you won't... :(

DeletedUser5819

lol !

You can ring them up, and the person employed to answer the phone to people who ring up will take a message.

You might, if you are very lucky, get to speak to someone else, but I would not bet on it, and if you do it will be someone employed to speak to you. More likely you will get an email response, most likely from Richard. As we know, neither Richard nor the person employed to answer the phone is going to be able to change this policy. Imagine someone with enough power to change the policy, who also speaks to players on the phone, and you are imagining a very small company, with very few players.

DeletedUser21625

Sirloin, you are correct that Inno has become a very large company that answers to their investors and non-gaming interests. It is a very profitable business and no doubt their number crunchers have already mapped out their direction for maximum growth. The actual gaming experience is probably foreign to the policy-makers.

It is useful, however, to let them know how many of their long-standing customers they stand to lose because of recent decisions. Then, they can crunch those numbers too and see if those losses will be offset by their new direction - developing the mobile app, providing a snappy little game for that market.

There are thousands of players who have given Inno a very decent income over the years, keeping the advisors, using gold to speed up production, sticking around for those (awful) Wonders etc.

Perhaps Inno believes that the latest "improvements" via gold usage will simply be absorbed into the general grumbling but not really affect their bottom line.

I think i am typical of many, and it was Instant Buy where they lost me as a customer. I simply can't afford to keep up anymore, it is hopeless. After years of play and average gold usage, I'm done. I just cant justify any more outlay of my income on a game.

At any rate, feedback via petitions, commenting on the devblog, and any other means of conveying opinions from the general player population, will show Inno what they stand to lose, and after that it is up to them to either alter their course or move forward with their plans.

DeletedUser11165

Instant buy can be a problem early on but as the game goes on its less and less important. These warfare packages though will be the beginning of the end for the games fairness & competition.

DeletedUser43626

Instant buy can be a problem early on but as the game goes on its less and less important. These warfare packages though will be the beginning of the end for the games fairness & competition.

That and whoever decides to take on Triad. Comes down to the same thing really? No competition.

As for my earlier statement ending Gimme Gimme Gimme .... i wasn't being sarcastic. Any heavy gold spender won't complain about this. And before some chop stands up and says "I'm a Heavy spender" allow me to say what in my eyes qualifies as heavy. 150k gold a month, that is a heavy spender. Anything below that is just fooling himself

DeletedUser23222

why not ask Inno to just sell their crowns??
why make the "payers" waste all that time - just set a price....hmmm lets say $5000.
presto..you won!!!

or maybe Inno could auction off a crown every Wednesday.... highest bidder wins.

lets think out of the box for awhile...surely there gotta be more ways to give Inno your money.
you guys just arent thinking hard enough.

DeletedUser49162

why not ask Inno to just sell their crowns??
why make the "payers" waste all that time - just set a price....hmmm lets say $5000.
presto..you won!!!

or maybe Inno could auction off a crown every Wednesday.... highest bidder wins.

lets think out of the box for awhile...surely there gotta be more ways to give Inno your money.
you guys just arent thinking hard enough.

They could sell winnning worlds on a hire purchase agreement so they get interest too

DeletedUser

They could sell winnning worlds on a hire purchase agreement so they get interest too

Maybe they could sell a "super-smite" spell for the truly vindictive-For 5000 gold, you could choose one of your favorite enemy's cities to smite and send back to 175 points. I would be tempted to buy one of those.

DeletedUser31385

If they did this would happen....

3639073.jpg