Inactive Topic Layered alliance system

DeletedUser

Proposal: Improvement of Alliance/Pact system.

Reason: Easier administration and governing.

The problem with the current alliance system is that
only a pact can be formed with other alliances.
Specially the lower alliances will have troubles getting
any support, which means that new players are being met
like fodder and treated as such..
If a larger, more benevolent alliance takes them under
their wing, they can only make a pact.
There can be no absorption, or redirected leadership.
(i.e.the leader of the more benevolent and larger alliance
can't tell the smaller alliance members to do anything,
or aid in the defense by rallying troops.)
It all has to be done by hand. Creating a recipient
list is a lousy task, and even lousier to maintain.

Details:Double layer of alliance system.
Basically founding an alliance would be the same.
But..
Any founder/leader would have the ability to join another
alliance as well.
This would allow the families to band together in a more
comprehensive alliance.
Every Alliance would have their sovereignty intact,
while gaining the option to pull together without too much
'by hand' work..
If this sound too complicated, it boils down to this:
The ability to join TWO alliances with one superceding the other.
Any forum messages of the greater alliance would be only for the
leader's of the smaller alliances who can then act on it.
Also, in case of a general alert, one smaller alliance
would contact the greater alliance, they would send a message
out to the ones underneath..

The easiest implementation I can think of is two alliance
memberships per player, but with only one of which he/she
can be leader/founder..

Balance / Abuse prevention: Although this may have a high impact
on gameplay, the difference would be little towards abuse.
(There's plenty going on below board, this would only make it somewhat above board..)

Summary: Easier governing, better gameplay
2 alliances to join: 1 alliance to be the founder/leader of, and 1 alliance to be a member of.

Note:This also allows for alliance recruiting, not just member recruiting..

The greater alliances strength would be the sum of the underlying ones as well.

There could even be a different name:
A family for the smaller alliances.
And the alliance for the greater alliance.
(That would also take away any confusion.)
(Although in light of the current system, maybe the alliance should stay the same..)
(the bigger one would be called a conglomerate alliance ?)

Also..merger/absorption between alliances would be nice as well..
(founder option only, unless the founder is no more, in which case the leaders would
have that option.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with the current system of shared forums. Communicating between alliances is not as complicated as you make it out to be.

DeletedUser

Like the idea. The summary thing sounded like the Lord of the Rings entry dialogue (1 Ring to bind them all 1 Ring to put them in darkness etc...)

DeletedUser14492

I think its a decent idea to try and improve something that probably can be improved.

But its a no from me in its current format, because the problems you identify I just dont think are that bad... however...

I DO like the idea of a leader (founder privs only for instance) being able to be in two alliances at once... this I can see would make "academies" much easier to run if the leadership was effectively the same/interchangeable.

Ev

DeletedUser

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with the current system of shared forums. Communicating between alliances is not as complicated as you make it out to be.

It's not just the forum.

I'm talking an addition to the single alliance system.
It makes for better structure..

An actual second layer..

In case you can't see the advantages of a layered alliance system on your own,
it's no use in trying to explain..

One either sees the added capability for structure or not..

A multi area spanning alliance would be really that much easier to run..

DeletedUser20429

Okay I am going to make this simple. Have you checked the PSL OR the DNSL? Those lists are VIP and guess what? This is on them. The current way an alliance makes an academy is to bypass the alliance member cap. Therefore it is impossibl to have 1 person in 2 alliances otherwise it's not really fair is it?

This idea is basically the same as saying I want my academy and my alliance as 1 alliance and it exceeds the member limit so what? Well Sorry NO you cannot exceed the member cap HOWEVER if the two alliances combined and do not exceed the member cap it's real simple! You just invite all the members of the small alliance and then get the founder to disband the small alliance and then they all join the stronger alliance it's called Merging. Noob.

DeletedUser

Okay I am going to make this simple. Have you checked the PSL OR the DNSL? Those lists are VIP and guess what? This is on them. The current way an alliance makes an academy is to bypass the alliance member cap. Therefore it is impossibl to have 1 person in 2 alliances otherwise it's not really fair is it?

This idea is basically the same as saying I want my academy and my alliance as 1 alliance and it exceeds the member limit so what? Well Sorry NO you cannot exceed the member cap HOWEVER if the two alliances combined and do not exceed the member cap it's real simple! You just invite all the members of the small alliance and then get the founder to disband the small alliance and then they all join the stronger alliance it's called Merging. Noob.

no offence luke connel but you are being a bit of a . this guy is trying to make a perfectly good point and to be honest i think he over complicated it a bit but you just jump straight at him. why dont you offer a bit of constructive critism.

DeletedUser

I think its a decent idea to try and improve something that probably can be improved.

But its a no from me in its current format, because the problems you identify I just dont think are that bad... however...

I DO like the idea of a leader (founder privs only for instance) being able to be in two alliances at once... this I can see would make "academies" much easier to run if the leadership was effectively the same/interchangeable.

Ev

nuff said . . . however i will move it to improvements developments

please continue to collaborate on this idea :)

DeletedUser

I have to say that it sounds like it would be pretty confusing to new players, who already have a lot to learn. Since at least 80% drop out, I'd be afraid an even more complicated alliance system would make for a higher drop-out.

One twist on your idea, that may (or may not) be less confusing would be to have 3-5 pre-set GROUPS to which a person could belong. You might name these GROUPS whatever you want, but they could be similar to character classes in traditional RPG's, or to Elemental followings in some games (earth/air/fire/water). These GROUPS could then have special forums (and maybe even abilities, if they were like character classes) and even special missions. Surely, alliances would arise based on the GROUPS, which could make it interesting! Dunno, just a thought.

nd

DeletedUser

I know this is an old thread, but its not closed off, so I'll give my comments.

Sorry, but this just sounds confusing and of little benefit to the game. Also, it sounds like a lot of work for Grepolis team for little if any improvement.

terminatour

Phrourach
I have an idea.What if merging was easier?Like a merge button for founders.You select which alliance you want to merge into,Then they accept/decline if the ya crept 2 days later you merge!You could say all founders have to agree on a proposal!

DeletedUser31931

Why would grepolis have alliance limits if things ike this suggestion were allowed?

And isn't this on DSL/PSI?

DeletedUser

I have an idea.What if merging was easier?Like a merge button for founders.You select which alliance you want to merge into,Then they accept/decline if the ya crept 2 days later you merge!You could say all founders have to agree on a proposal!

Easier merges would be nice.