less and less people :(

DeletedUser

HF,you know well which of us has a stronger language for propaganda.
Drop it,and get back on topic without deforming my words.

DeletedUser52067

Its definitely on inno to fix the unbalanced gold system. Its easy to say we should all live by a some moral code and not pay for myths during events. The simple fact of the matter is that someone is going to do it, they're going to hit you, you're going to want to hit them back. If there's a way for you to gain a strategic advantage in a game by spending money/gold and you have the financial means to do it, you're going to do it. The fact that we all play this game shows that we all have a highly competitive spirit. Events and gold need to be balanced out by inno, MM-ing worlds about having more "honor" isn't going to get you anywhere

DeletedUser13240

Hmm,
Now the way I sees it,
Inno be a business sellin' a product.
If the product from any business be shoddy,
business declines or fails.
Fails 'cause customers refuse to buy,
goes somewheres else.
I be back to give Inno another shot at it,
mainly 'cause I do be lovin' this game.
That bein' said, however, if things be the same as before
well, I be needin' to search harder fer another venue fer me gamin' needs.
Left last time mainly cause o' the mass alliance pactin' up,
an' had no desire to reenter the quagmire that WW be.
The gold issue ain't that big a deal fer meself,
not that many coins in me personal coffer.
An' workin' hard an' clickin' me life away kinda keeps me in contention.

As I be statin', I gives it another try an' see if things be different/better.
But I ain't holdin' me breath on it neither.
$DIETY but I loves this game.

yer opinionated
unit
-

DeletedUser49059

HF,you know well which of us has a stronger language for propaganda.
Drop it,and get back on topic without deforming my words.

Frankly Tea, if you weren't simply defending Erik at every turn- regardless of whether it's a case of him doing right or him making unethical decisions- you wouldn't hear from me and I wouldn't call you out about it. I get tired of reading it.

There's a lot of times that I actually enjoy reading your posts, I simply don't feel that when it comes to Mr. Erik that you have the ability to be "publicly objective" - and in my mind, that perception doesn't lend you the credibility that I am sure that you truly deserve for your skill in the game.

You want me to "drop it"? Stop publicly defending every action- at least the ones that are "wrong"- that your leader engages in. In return, we can get "on topic". Until then, I will state my mind just as freely as you do.

DeletedUser22517

OMG!You are all insane!!!

How this great post turned into BS talk???

Erik have a point and if we continue to argue we not gonna get anything.Morale or not all of us are doing all those things, so no one is saint here that i am 100 % sure.

There is some people here who can make big influence in the grepolis community if we stand together.But seems like you are interested to pee over each other.

Imagine what we could have done if we did not joined new worlds, in sign of protest?

DeletedUser29066

OK, here's a basic proposal that might alleviate the Gold use issue and potentially even the playing field a bit. It may need some fleshing out, any suggestions welcome:

A. Inno should make Grepolis (and possibly it's other browser-based games) subscription based and charge a flat monthly fee to players.

There would be 6 membership levels (Based on current Gold package offers):

1. Copper - free entry level membership. Players could only use gold gained through free offers and through trade.
2. Bronze - cost $9.99 USD per month - player gets 1200 gold plus what they can get through trade. Enough for advisors.

3. Silver - cost $19.99 USD per month - player gets 3000 gold plus what they can get through trade.
4. Gold - cost 49.99 USD per month - player gets 10,000 gold plus what they can get through trade.

5. Platinum - cost 79.99 per month - player gets 20,000 gold plus what they can get through trade.
6. Platinum Plus - cost 79.99 per month - player gets 20,000 gold + trade, but can purchase additional packages once that runs out

B. New world releases would not only have their usual settings but would be restricted to certain membership levels.

1. Mortal Worlds - restricted to only Copper and Bronze level memberships
2. Titan Worlds - restricted to Silver and Gold level memberships
3. Olympus Worlds - for Platinum and Platinum Plus level memberships

Mortal worlds would include all currently available features. To add a little incentive perhaps Inno can add some extra features such as additional heroes, spells, Gods, troop types or myth units to Titan and Olympus worlds. (These names are also just examples)

This way you would have non-gold users facing light gold users, moderate facing medium, and heavy facing the really big spenders.

C. Players can only upgrade/downgrade within the world type they sign up for.

So a free Copper user can upgrade to Bronze, or a Bronze downgrade to Copper, as long as they are playing a Mortal level world. If a player quits they keeps the balance in their account, and can sign up for another same-level world if/when one is available. The same would also apply with Silver-Gold users and Platinum-Platinum+ users.

Players who want to move up to a different world level would need to pay for a higher membership level but would keep their existing Gold balance. Players at the higher levels who want to move down can also keep their existing balance but how much they can spend per month would be restricted to the level of the lower worlds. This would keep the playing field more level and might also have the added benefit of cutting back on the frequency of world jumpers. And I think it will still provide Inno the revenue stream they need.

Remember, these world levels are separate from world settings, so Inno might release a speed 3 Revolt No Morale Titan World that only Silver and Gold members could sign up for. Players might have to wait longer to get the not only the settings but the world level they want, again hopefully cutting down on the amount of players who jump almost every time a new world opens.

I'm sure there are some things I may have not thought of. If so I welcome your thoughts/ideas. Also, I did not bother to check if anything like this has ever been suggested, so if it has, my apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser44479

excellant proposal. it would certainly sort out the main issue of if you want to play a free game or not. well done

DeletedUser

I may be wrong, but do we have enough players for that? Dividing players in 3 different groups wouldn't be good unless we get more players. This may bring back some players, but that still isn't enough for a game that has already closed a bunch of worlds cause of inactivity. And as higher the world difficulty is, it would be more boring cause of lack of noobs, inactives and a lot of activity in that world.

Grepolis needs something fresh and new to actually attract people. I've seen some really bad MMOs which still have more players than Grepo has, and it's unfair. But it's all on Devs.

DeletedUser29066

I may be wrong, but do we have enough players for that? Dividing players in 3 different groups wouldn't be good unless we get more players.

This is a valid concern, and honestly don't now the answer. But I do feel that it will help lure back players who might have become disillusioned as well as attract new players and help with retention of current players.

DeletedUser

Anyway, I have to agree with you. Every MMO has a level (or strength of your character, or account type, anything) barrier between players to prevent slaughtering of weak players. Also, there is always an event where everybody can participate and there is no barrier between players so it's literally FFA without restrictions and limitations. Inno should do the same.

DeletedUser52067

The problem with Morale is that people strategically abuse it by throwing low point players on the front lines and stacking their cities

DeletedUser

It is, since it is possible for all.
For this cheap tactic one can raise it as a moral issue, but for the other issues it is a system flaw.

I remember in Eubea our friends had to wait a month for the first ghosts and quitters to open space for them.
Now you are lucky if a speed 3/3 reaches 20k.

A solution is to limit the quantity of gold allowed for cuts in a daily or weekly base.

Problems are connected- gold trade allows vast sums of gold to be acquired somewhere and spent elsewhere.

So in a way it is a double face problem.
New players can hardly know the trick, so they get discouraged if they see a hundred dollars worth of gold spent in 2 days without knowing it is actually gathered without a cent being paid.

DeletedUser22517

The problem with Morale is that people strategically abuse it by throwing low point players on the front lines and stacking their cities

For how long???
If they change their sh1t end game no one will want small players in their team.What you don`t realize is that all this is connected.
New end game will change everything and solve most of the problems.Gold will always be used, events needs to be balanced and we will have better game.

But the way we talk to each other that is never gonna happen.Erik started this and some of you started attacking him for his post.We always talk BS about each other me and him check the externals but when he is right i will take his side and this time he have a point.
Lets put all our differences aside and try to keep the game we love alive because the way it is going i don`t see a future.
I can adapt to anything but i want competition also, don`t want to play this game on my own.

Ranga1

Strategos
As much as i agree, unless you find a way to replace lost income from restricting gold use, it will never change. We are basically telling them to make some money just not too much money

DeletedUser

Ranga,a larger customer base secures more money in the long term.
Honestly as it is I can "buy" a crown in the first week,or month at best.
Why?Because I know all gold abusers and opportunism rules.
All I have to do is to drop a mail to let's say mungus and tell him:hey,how about we joke our a ss by teaming up our friends for a month for a cheap crown?
After killing the server we both continue our carieers in the different servers and we just keep a low activity until 6 months are over.

Since ranga,it won't take more then a month to kill opposition if we gather 20 sharks who may spent 4 full packages in the first month( rest of the alliance being more like decor).

Then we can sim in that given server and move to another to do the same.
It is cool,but the number of fools to be screwed this way will shrank from server to server( this is happening) and after a few servers there will be none left.

DeletedUser48257

It's true.. the end game needs to be reworked completely.

DeletedUser52067

For how long???
If they change their sh1t end game no one will want small players in their team.What you don`t realize is that all this is connected.
New end game will change everything and solve most of the problems.Gold will always be used, events needs to be balanced and we will have better game.

But the way we talk to each other that is never gonna happen.Erik started this and some of you started attacking him for his post.We always talk BS about each other me and him check the externals but when he is right i will take his side and this time he have a point.
Lets put all our differences aside and try to keep the game we love alive because the way it is going i don`t see a future.
I can adapt to anything but i want competition also, don`t want to play this game on my own.

I agree redoing the end game would fix everything, no more hand holding, only one alliance can get a crown, removes the need for smaller players. However the players vowing to use less gold will never work, we all want an advantage and as long as we have the ability to take it we're going to take it. I know I spend like mad during events, the people I play with do too. Honestly I consider it a hindrance in an alliance if you don't because all the top players in the server will. I would be much happier if these things didn't exist, but as long as they do people will continue to spend to gain an advantage. Just like instabuy. As this continues the worlds will get smaller, but the players remaining will have to spend more and more to compete. The system is slowly caving in on itself. Just not sure if Inno knows this and is trying to milk us out till the end or if they are just to blind to see it :p

DeletedUser42857

Agree with Mungus on morale. They should just make morale active on all worlds.

Really dissapointed en89 didnt end up as morale world, but not enough people voted for it :(

one of the biggest things making new players leave is being farmed repeatedly by someone 10x their size. If you look on the play store comments on the app, most of its "built a city then player ten times my size took it from me".