less and less people :(

DeletedUser44167

Also whilst grepolis lacks this aspect of strategy, it makes up for it with having much more deep strategy in other areas

"Instant Buy" takes the strategy out of the game

DeletedUser

Every server less and less people play the game we love.

1. end game :

Invest in something new .

Thank you Erik for starting this thread. Well worth discussing.

I played 2011-2015. (I am not playing now, but read the forum every week or so.) I quit because I felt that settling a war game with a resource race was idiotic-it needs to be a fighting endgame with one and only one winning alliance. I would be back tomorrow if Inno would come up with a great endgame-none of the other little problems matter to me, but this one does. I will check back in a week or so to read the forum, but playing another WW world is not going to happen.

DeletedUser41523

In terms of gold the way I see it is this extra event stuff needs to be reduced. Make less powerful rewards. Right now, i'm gold trading in Us Helorus and just abusing the hell out of mantis and double BP and for the love of sweet salty Christ, exclude events from the start of a world. However, keep the OP event rewards for things such as Halloween and Easter. Making them biannually. The reasoning for this is because Grepolis is obviously a business, ergo they need to make money. Events are a key part of the cash influx for Inno. Plus on occasion harpy/manti nukes are fun to play with. But not every other month.

Secondly, reinstate cut times with instant buy. I feel instant buy killed the moderate gold user. It certainly did me in. Now i'll spend a bit to start up my first city, after that its okay i'll take a early/mid game slump building up small cities before booming again. Where as with cut times as an option for gold I would keep buying in order to build my towns quicker. But paying 170+ gold to instantly create buildings i'm perfectly fine waiting an hour or two for isn't worth it. I'd rather just save the gold and money and wait 3-4 hours now instead.

The end game does need a revamp. It was promised now three years ago. quit messing around and fulfill your promises. I know more than enough people who quit based on that premise alone and many more claiming that the world they're on now or will be on in the future will be their last world. Worst case, change the unit and game speeds to 20/10 once all 7 wonders are built and grant unlimited slots. Start the count down timer for a month and whoever ends up holding the most wonders wins. Basically make it a giant disorganized mess, you know like with your events on conquest worlds.

On the player subject: There's somethings I want to touch on here.

En's world's aren't going bad, they're perfectly healthy by the looks of it. 17k Players in about 2 weeks on a 3/3. Maybe the forums have less members is what you mean? The US world (which is a 4/4 revolt morale btw) hasn't even filled its core four oceans yet. But here on EN I see no real big differences between now and the last few times I came here. (Rhammus, Nysa, and Cythera).

EN
VIOMdZN.png
As you can see, in two week you guys have a healthy ring forming and going into all oceans. The world is growing pretty quickly and looks great.

Alliances
R1XaGoB.png
I want to point out that this is also EN89 too. As in the 89th addition to the game on this server. There's still plenty of dynamic to this game. Now I want you guy's to look at the US counter part.

US World
qGMvfqr.png
It opened a day later with some pretty solid settings at 4/4. Not even healthily filled out yet but it gets worse.

US Alliances
XDqXaY4.png
Look at all that lopsidedness. If I had known, i'd have probably gone Golgi. But I committed here so I gotta play it out.

So yes, the EN market is alive and well. I'll be moving back to it after I finish this business on Helorus. Permanently. My suggestion is that if you want a bigger player base or more longer lasting, close the US servers down and recombine them with EN. The US markets must be propelled by the top 200 players, because for the life of me I can't see how else the servers are maintained at such slow growth.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser45577

1) I agree with no rotations. Only one alliance should receive a Crown unless that alliance is "defeated", not rotating out.
For that to happen though you need a 150-200 alliance cap.
2) Active morale should be mandatory on all worlds.
3) I would only pay a monthly subscription if it included the advisors. Personally, I rather see a weekly/biweekly maximum amount of gold being able to be used. Let people buy as much as they want but they can only use a certain amount, say 1,000 gold.
4) Go back to how attacks were a year ago where to land troops or take down walls, the harbour had to be cleared first. Unless of course you are revolting with myths.
5) Rejig Pegasus defensive numbers back to what they were prior to the change instituted last year. They need to be higher again. And make Hydras useful.

DeletedUser42407

In terms of gold the way I see it is this extra event stuff needs to be reduced. Make less powerful rewards. Right now, i'm gold trading in Us Helorus and just abusing the hell out of mantis and double BP and for the love of sweet salty Christ, exclude events from the start of a world. However, keep the OP event rewards for things such as Halloween and Easter. Making them biannually. The reasoning for this is because Grepolis is obviously a business, ergo they need to make money. Events are a key part of the cash influx for Inno. Plus on occasion harpy/manti nukes are fun to play with. But not every other month.

Secondly, reinstate cut times with instant buy. I feel instant buy killed the moderate gold user. It certainly did me in. Now i'll spend a bit to start up my first city, after that its okay i'll take a early/mid game slump building up small cities before booming again. Where as with cut times as an option for gold I would keep buying in order to build my towns quicker. But paying 170+ gold to instantly create buildings i'm perfectly fine waiting an hour or two for isn't worth it. I'd rather just save the gold and money and wait 3-4 hours now instead.

The end game does need a revamp. It was promised now three years ago. quit messing around and fulfill your promises. I know more than enough people who quit based on that premise alone and many more claiming that the world they're on now or will be on in the future will be their last world. Worst case, change the unit and game speeds to 20/10 once all 7 wonders are built and grant unlimited slots. Start the count down timer for a month and whoever ends up holding the most wonders wins. Basically make it a giant disorganized mess, you know like with your events on conquest worlds.

On the player subject: There's somethings I want to touch on here.

En's world's aren't going bad, they're perfectly healthy by the looks of it. 17k Players in about 2 weeks on a 3/3. Maybe the forums have less members is what you mean? The US world (which is a 4/4 revolt morale btw) hasn't even filled its core four oceans yet. But here on EN I see no real big differences between now and the last few times I came here. (Rhammus, Nysa, and Cythera).

EN
VIOMdZN.png
As you can see, in two week you guys have a healthy ring forming and going into all oceans. The world is growing pretty quickly and looks great.

Alliances
R1XaGoB.png
I want to point out that this is also EN89 too. As in the 89th addition to the game on this server. There's still plenty of dynamic to this game. Now I want you guy's to look at the US counter part.

US World
qGMvfqr.png
It opened a day later with some pretty solid settings at 4/4. Not even healthily filled out yet but it gets worse.

US Alliances
XDqXaY4.png
Look at all that lopsidedness. If I had known, i'd have probably gone Golgi. But I committed here so I gotta play it out.

So yes, the EN market is alive and well. I'll be moving back to it after I finish this business on Helorus. Permanently. My suggestion is that if you want a bigger player base or more longer lasting, close the US servers down and recombine them with EN. The US markets must be propelled by the top 200 players, because for the life of me I can't see how else the servers are maintained at such slow growth.

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head, I stopped playing US immediately when I realized EN was way more competitive and larger player base.

DeletedUser41523

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head, I stopped playing US immediately when I realized EN was way more competitive and larger player base.

Been playing US for a couple of years now. Forum community isn't really chatty but It had a good run in late 2013 and all through 2015. But since the end of 2015 its started to die down or at least is in a null. EN has always had a more active player base though.

US does give some cool things though. Crim tends to like faster paced worlds and trying out different settings, he even pushed for a 6/4 conq for us after we voted for it. The slowest thing you can typically expect is a 2 speed world with a slow unit speed. They also have world chat skype rooms. Which is basically the alternative to the external forums. Though they are modded, but the mods are more lax typically than in the forums.

DeletedUser

Well, In no heard our plea and reacted immediately!
They raised the price over 20%!
I am sure third world players will flock in thousands to buy gold now: d

DeletedUser43023

Too many changes to what was once one of the greatest games I'd ever played.

DeletedUser41523

A lot of their changes would be way less annoying if they simply addressed the issues presented to them or made minor changes to less popular features. Hell some of those changes could even make them more money.

DeletedUser48257

Exactly in all honesty i think they're adding in new features which aren't needed , instead of doing that go for improvements . Rather than holding events to bring out the gold users , advertise the game more improve the game , fix it , it is better to have more active player playing which are likely to spend gold if they find the game interesting , than have a small server full of gold users.

DeletedUser41523

Improvements i'd love to see.

1) Cut times with instant buy- I'd actually buy more gold.

2) Less over all events, at least less over powered events but keep the flyer nuke ones for Easter and Halloween. This seriously messes up conquest servers. Stop.

3) A WW revamp.

4) Maybe a new unit that's strong in defending against myth units.

DeletedUser42407

Improvements i'd love to see.

1) Cut times with instant buy- I'd actually buy more gold.

2) Less over all events, at least less over powered events but keep the flyer nuke ones for Easter and Halloween. This seriously messes up conquest servers. Stop.

3) A WW revamp.

4) Maybe a new unit that's strong in defending against myth units.

Yeah I would like to see a revamp of mythical units, right now only offensive myth units are worth buying defensive mythical units just don't have much use if you can't support most others cities with them.

DeletedUser

Two less players after we lose our only cities. We've been slowly beaten down by 2 alliances for resources and battle points until our cities have revolted. Can't even build a colony ship yet. Game lets people who've played longer completely control if a new player gets to play or not. That's why this game has less and less people. Cause no new blood will ever come in.

DeletedUser51283

A big fault is in the abundance of Events with OP myth nukes. And when having Events no new world should be opened during them-the start of Dimale was messed up completely-every siege was just broken every time and everyone could attack someone and clear them easily. And at such early game it just makes it disasterous and tiresome to see that nearly every city was being attacked by 30+ mantis. Such was the extent of this that I was discouraged to try and conquer a city-actually start winning. This combined doesn't exactly help the situation of "not enough people are in Grepolis".

DeletedUser41523

Just to drive home the people difference, you guys are starting to get rim oceans like O75. We are just getting ring oceans like O56 half way filled.

Thibron

Phrourach
The biggest problem that I receive from players on the last 2-3 worlds is the huge increase in gold options. Players complain that unless you spend a lot, you cannot keep up with other alliances. Experienced players have stated over the last year or so that they will quit because of it. I myself have played five years, but I am tired of that change too, and feel the end is neigh for me as well. There is an inverse relationship between the "cost" to keep up, and player satisfaction. Some may have been good, but since you can buy just about anything, it has taken the fun out of the game. Simply stated, those who can and want to spend can out-race those who cannot.

When it turns into a game of "all about money" it is no longer an equal competition of ability or skill :(

DeletedUser41523

Inno should really consider reinstating cut times side by side with instant buy. It would allow people to keep up for cheaper and more money for Inno.

DeletedUser44167

Its probably been mentioned before
But they could make it a World Setting

- Instant Buy
- Cut Times
- Neither

See which attracted most players and made most money
I doubt the gold bugs would want to play another gold bug
No advantage and could get expensive quick

If I was Inno's competitor I would love Instant Buy
Go to some 3rd world country and hire some players for little of nothing
Give them a pretty high gold allotment