Let's Discuss: Morale Replacement System That Helps New Players

DeletedUser36085

We all know morale isn't the best system for helping new players. It's easily abused, doesn't improve the new players' skills and our opinions about it divide us into two polar camps.

So, let's talk about how we love and how we hate morale, how we don't care about it; what it's like to be a new player these days; and brainstorm ideas for a replacement system.

(I intend this to be the very first starter thread on this topic and expect no actual solution from it at this stage. I also expect no developer input and maybe even no moderator input at this stage. I do expect a few possible solutions take root and any badly-known but significant facts and details about the morale system, the new player experience and the game in general to surface.)

DeletedUser55049

Is morale really so bad? I mean no harm at all to you, but I see morale as a protector of small players. Feel free to post any reply to this!

DeletedUser50245

nothing wrong with morale ...
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

DeletedUser21774

A proper morale system would fade as a world matures. Like beginner's protection, there's really no point when a world is 1+ years old.

DeletedUser43023

I agree with dustballs1. I am OK with or without it, but I think it would be best that, like beginner's protection, morale has a time limit. If you have been on the server a year ( or some other reasonable time), morale is disabled for your defense. If you haven't developed in that time, this world isn't for you.

DeletedUser21774

Morale as weaponized shield is what is wrong - you plant a CS in someone's ww island, and give away all your cities but that one, load it with troops. If that's the game's intent, then so bit it. THAT's the morale everyone is hating.

DeletedUser36697

I agree with the timed morale aspect... if you havnt figured it out in a year, gotten into an alliance or able to go on your own.. then its time to leave.
If you are unable to accomplish any of the above..then YOUR MORALE should suck