Passed Library - making it worth building

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I like this idea.
Usually the only special buildings I would make are Thermal Baths, Towers, Theaters, and Divine Statues

DeletedUser25660

Creative idea, maybe needs a bit more polishing, in addition to tower (as one poster has posted) the addition of war council in the future should be factored in as well, if legendary weapons are to be added (for balance).

On devblog, library will grant additional 24 Research points, I think OP's idea is much better, just needs a bit tweaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42857

The problem I have with this idea is it has no real world relevance.

How would building a library increase the accuracy of archers? What do they do, find a book on archery? There has to be some sort of real world relevance.

I simply dont see one. For that reason Im opposed.

Thermal baths have some logic, the presence of the baths improves the cities sanitation,makes it a more desirable place to live. Lighthouse, real world relevance etc, but how would a library full of books increase your swordsman ship, or archery skills?

I also think, we already have Phallanx, as well as Myridom attack, Heroic power as well as attack rewards in island quests, naval attack bonus's, defensive bonuses. Do we really need yet another attacking/defending bonus.

Some element of the game has to be based on use of the correct troops in the correct situation, not just who can combine the most bonus's possible.

Attacking with this proposed bonus, plus commander present, priestess present, Myridom attack, Heroic power spell, attacking bonus of 10%, and phallanx.. it just becomes a game of bonus's.

I agree the Library has its flaws. but this for me is not a solution.

And ultimately, if everyone builds it then all the attack bonus's will be counteracted by the defense bonus's and it becomes utterly pointless anyway. You basically put everyone in a position where they have to build the library to keep things even.

DeletedUser18983

The problem I have with this idea is it has no real world relevance.

How would building a library increase the accuracy of archers? What do they do, find a book on archery? There has to be some sort of real world relevance.

I simply dont see one. For that reason Im opposed.

Thermal baths have some logic, the presence of the baths improves the cities sanitation,makes it a more desirable place to live. Lighthouse, real world relevance etc, but how would a library full of books increase your swordsman ship, or archery skills?

I also think, we already have Phallanx, as well as Myridom attack, Heroic power as well as attack rewards in island quests, naval attack bonus's, defensive bonuses. Do we really need yet another attacking/defending bonus.

Some element of the game has to be based on use of the correct troops in the correct situation, not just who can combine the most bonus's possible.

Attacking with this proposed bonus, plus commander present, priestess present, Myridom attack, Heroic power spell, attacking bonus of 10%, and phallanx.. it just becomes a game of bonus's.

I agree the Library has its flaws. but this for me is not a solution.

And ultimately, if everyone builds it then all the attack bonus's will be counteracted by the defense bonus's and it becomes utterly pointless anyway. You basically put everyone in a position where they have to build the library to keep things even.

The archer thing you referred to, this could be agrued with many many things in grepolis..

How does a lighthouse make ships faster?
How does researching something make better weapons such as phalanx and battering ram?
Why don't the attacking troops just run through the gate in the wall instead of dying trying to clime it?
How is it possible to fit 250 LS in my harbor when it looks to be very tiny?

Do you see where I am going with this? I personally like the idea ^_^

DeletedUser25660

Rebalancing 3.0 says library will grant 24 additional tech points, and with the additional techs and improved techs, I guess I'm ok with the current plan.

DeletedUser41204

The archer thing you referred to, this could be agrued with many many things in grepolis..

How does a lighthouse make ships faster?
How does researching something make better weapons such as phalanx and battering ram?
Why don't the attacking troops just run through the gate in the wall instead of dying trying to clime it?
How is it possible to fit 250 LS in my harbor when it looks to be very tiny?

Do you see where I am going with this? I personally like the idea ^_^

A lighthouse would allow ships to move directly and safely to the city with a lighthouse,
A phalanx isn't a weapon but a battle formation used by troops which could be researched and trained into units,
A battering ram could be researched so you know how to build one,
A gate would be shut in an attack so troops wouldn't be able to walk through a thick wooden gates,
that point is fair with the LS but they could easily be anchored just outside the harbour in the sea with a lot more space.

I like the idea of an increased bonus but surely if you research and create better weaponry then the troops would carry those weapons with them to other cities. I think it would be a good idea but only if the troops that are recruited in the city gain the bonus whether or not they are defending that city or a different one.

DeletedUser31385

I like the idea of the bonuses, but this may not be needed as the amount of points it will give doubles when 3.0 comes out. hm the creator of this isnt even active anymore.

Last edited:

DeletedUser46130

Good idea, i like it a lot, in 6 years of playing grepo never actually built the library :p

DeletedUser27128

Great idea. Library is currently the most useless building, this will make it worth building.

DeletedUser47841

I have only once built a library since en1 yeah definitely a good idea

DeletedUser44089

The library has some decent potential to be better, considering it is pretty much useless when compared to the elite buildings in its class.

DeletedUser8790

Wait what useless? This is the best spite building in the game, nothing should put a smile on your face more than building a library right before you are conquered, then reveling in the giant sigh or loud Fudge uttered by your conqueror when he/she sees that Shiny new library you just built, and that you spent all the Research points on, and now they are stuck with it unless they want to surrender CP in order to be able to demolish it. That is the sole purpose of this building, I encourage all down trodden, sub par, semi players to build these and experience the joy for your self!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36743

Wait what useless? This is the best spite building in the game, nothing should put a smile on your face more than building a library right before you are conquered, then reveling in the giant sigh or loud F*** uttered by your conqueror when he/she sees that Shiny new library you just built, and that you spent all the Research points on, and now they are stuck with it unless they want to surrender CP in order to be able to demolish it. That is the sole purpose of this building, I encourage all down trodden, sub par, semi players to build these and experience the joy for your self!

lol...so true... definitely takes the sting out of loosing a city...

Status
Not open for further replies.