Proposal Lightning Bolt should strike 1 or 3 buildings and make 1 level damage

• Thread starter DeletedUser55049
  • Start date

DeletedUser55049

Proposal

Make Lightning Bolt harm 1-3 buildings by 1 Level each. Instead of harming 1 Building by 1-3 Levels.

Details

The Cost would either remain the same.
Or the player could be allowed to invest more favor into the bolt, thereby increasing the chance for a wider spread. I recommend in the case then that damage done would still be only 1 Level.

Cooldown could depend on the efficiency of the last bolt. The more buildings it hit, the longer the cooldown.

Reason

A larger spread of damage would make it more probable to hit specific buildings in the city.
A larger spread might annoy the ennemy more as damage done is harder to observe.

Abuse Prevention
I am aware that my proposal to allow Investment of Favor in order to create a wider spread allows an abuse of the spell. It would give players with many temples - much favor-production - a greater power over the game. But the Favor-Investment was just a small side-proposal.

Besides this one case, I see no further possibility for abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lol, not every idea do need that format... this is just a small adjustment... which would be quite good as the spell isn't used often. Unless you're defensive player, his spells aren't attractive at all.

DeletedUser54161

Bring back bolt wars and I am sure everyone will be using Lightning Boltz

DeletedUser55049

Bring back bolt wars and I am sure everyone will be using Lightning Boltz
The old time and favor limitations stay. An abuse is therefore not possible.

I say my recommended change would make the lightning bolt much more useful due to the wider spread. It annoys the ennemy a lot more. + It Leaves less security for him: with 13 Buildings (Main Buildings) affectable and up to 3 buildings getting hit, this creates a far better effect. Because it is easier for my ennemy to loose overview over the damage. He might just overlook a drop by one level. But that 1 level may be critical.

Have I expressed myself well?

DeletedUser54161

I do not support this idea, and I will give you my top reasons

1) Stonehail is a very similar technique, and in my mind changes lighting bolt to Cast: Stonehail
As @MI-13 has proposed a "Cool down Timer to Stonehail" in another thread. While I agree that stone-hail is a powerful utility, it is limited by the fact that Catapults are one of the slower units in the game. As MI-13 is bombarded, he should also be learning the power and utility of joining a supportive alliance; one that will be able to send support and block the attempts made on his city to tear down the wall. There is a reason that this game cannot be won alone.

2) In the same vein, I will quote you @triloka
You could veritably tear down an entire city with it...That is too much power.
While you complain about Stonehail, you ask for a "Stonehail 2.0" one that can be Cast, For Little Favor, Every 2 Hours(In a speed 2 world)
That being said, you should take into respects the building time for each world speed.
In my speed 1 world, upgrading the Silver Mine from level 20 to level 21 takes 7hrs and 18 min
Now... if I was worshipping Zeus, and I could tear down "1-3 random buildings by 1 level", WHY WOULD I EVER CHOOSE TO BUILD!!
Even a minor building such as Market level 9->10 takes 3 hrs on a speed 1 world

3)
I am annoyed that I cannot control which building is going to be hit by the lightning bolt. This new way of effect makes it easier to hit a building that you actually want to hit.
What building @triloka do you want to hit? The farm??? The wall?? or the Special Building!? You seem to have a building in mine, but you do not elaborate

4) I am disgusted that @triloka you have "Liked" a post of @davidyjuan. Having encountered him "In-Game", he is consistently asking for others to spy on his behalf, disrupt and disparage other alliances from the inside, or spamming them with unwanted mail. On the externals, you can find him lying during his recount of the "facts" and "events" that have brought him to become such a hateful player. On this post alone, he has offered no discussion, helpful commentary, or otherwise, except "So do i".

Due to these facts, I cannot support a "Stonehail 2.0", especially one that is backed by an irreputable player. If this is passed, you are asking for it's abuse by larger alliances to bully weaker ones, such as we saw in the "Great Bolt Wars"
Feel free to ammend your idea, but in it's current state, "NO"

*This Post has been screenshotted and saved for quality assurance

Last edited by a moderator: