Inactive Topic Limit on Stone Hail

DeletedUser54495

Limit on Stone Hail - Idea for Grepolis

Proposal:
To implement a limit for how low buildings can be destroyed by attacking Catapults with the research Stone Hail (For every 10 cats survived in attack they destroy 1 building level research)

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes and Yes. Also looked through archives fairly thoroughly and I have found nothing of this sort so I took it into my own hands.

Reason:
Currently, some players use stone hail as another form of harassment on players other than farming. I have to admit I used to do this too but starting out small on a world where there are many large players on the same island, I get hammered by attacks with 140 cats and a couple slingers. Yes, this is a morale world, but low walls and shortage of online times means the attackers only have a couple casualties and destroy 14 levels of any building with any blow. I am looking to prevent these kinds of attacks to an extent so it cannot be used extremely on small players but still allow the technique to continue on larger cities. Basically the only thing you can do to combat it is: get support, which is impossible without an alliance really or zues' rage the cats, which I know to do but less-experienced players would not.

Details:
What I propose is that how low a building can be demolished by cats is more limited than it is currently. Currently, there is no limit except that the building cannot be totally destroyed but all buildings can go down to 1. To prevent large players hammering small players I would say that these hails can firstly not demolish any buildings below the levels you get when founding. Below is a list of the lowest buildings could be destroyed to by the cats.

Senate level 10
Timber Camp level 15
Quarry level 15
Silver Mine level 12
Farm level 10
Warehouse level 10
Temple level 3
Market place level 2
Barracks level 5
Harbour level 1
Academy level 4
And finally cave cannot be demolished at all, and would be taken out of the randomizer system same as special buildings, as it is a hideout literally in the ground so catapult hits wouldn't have an effect on it

Visual Aids:
Pictured: Senate being demolished below level it came with when it was founded
lFYpPiE.png

Currently, the only limit is demolishing to level 1:
Clra6WX.png

Balance:
Already stated but the balance was to make the thresholds for the buildings fairly low so the technique is still viable in a war situation.

Abuse Prevention:
NIL

Summary:
I have noticed a situation that could be abused when the size difference/skill difference of players is large and have adjusted thresholds accordingly to make the game fun for both players big and small.

Please give me your thoughts on this, I do want to get this through, and we will refine it until it does.

Thanks, K

Shuri2060

Strategos
imo I don't see much use in this - once a player starts farming you when you have no alliance, there is little you can do to fight back in this game. Them using stone hail is overkill and just ruins the amount of resources they can get anyway, but why even try and fight back when you're in such a position and surrounded by such players?

On the other hand, I wouldn't like to see a building cap - stone hail can be a great way for small alliances to fight back against larger alliances as well. If they don't have enough slots to take all the cities they clear because of their size, then they can just ruin enemy cities in return.

DeletedUser54495

Yeah I gave up on this idea a while ago - after more scrutiny I saw it had too many flaws
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

DeletedUser54886

Probably a better idea is that if the catapults use stone hail they collect no resources... this would mean you make a choice between them carrying a lot or destroying a lot, a simple change but effective...

DeletedUser54192

It's a nice idea, but I am not sure how effective it would be. If I am sending stone hail cats at someone, it is because I want to trash their city, rather than wanting the resources. If I just want to farm them, I'd rather be just sending horsemen. Yes, I would get less resources than OLU+cats, but I would get a lot more farming trips done in the same time, if it is on the same island.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
a nice idea would be to be able to switch hail on and off, the way you can choose breakthrough for ships
right now, once the cats are dirty, they are always dirty in a city, can't go back unless you undo the research
if you just want to hit the wall and nothing else, too bad
if you could choose to send the cats as a regular wave or with stone hail, then you could decide if you want to destroy the city or just the wall, get resources or not
just something to ponder

DeletedUser54886

Maybe both get added... the ability to use or not use stone hail... and the penalty for using it... that would make it an informed decision with a consequence... A further consequence to consider could be that you get no resources... not just the cats carry none...

PS: I don't like the minimum levels... if you really want to trash a joint then stone hail should be the way to do it...

Last edited by a moderator: