Inactive Topic Limit The Trade Scroll To Match The Maximum Trade Capacity

DeletedUser5061

Proposal: Currently the scroll that queues up the amount of resources you want to move around between your cities in Administrator Trade overviews allows you to queue whatever amount of resources you have in that particular city, which is great if you have 7k-8k resources but if you have more than 15000 resources you have to make sure you haven't exceeded maximum trade capacity so that you don't hit the limiter. It makes no sense to allow the scroller to load up anything more than 15000 resources when the maximum amount of resources you can move at any one time is 15000, so my proposal is when a city has more than 15K resources in stock limit the amount that can be queued to 15000 to go with maximum trade capacity 15000 allowed with a level 30 market place.

In cities where maximum trade capacity is less than 15000 limit amount that can be queued to match that whatever that amount is. The amount queued should never be able to exceed maximum trade capacity for the city.

Reason: This will make moving around resources in the morning more efficient for the premium user, save us a lot of time and make the game in the latter stages a less of a chore and time consuming. Being able just scroll to the right in order to queue the maximum amount of resources in one single motion without having to keep a eye on those tiny little numbers that don't even show properly when you want to move your resources to the city with the spell you will have more time to think about how awesome daizan is :D but seriously it will encourge players to move around their recsorce in order to rebuild there armies rather than being lazy using the resource to run festivals.

Extras: You might want to add an option to lock destination city in place, it will save us having to drag the same city in to the right hand box over and over again. Make premium better and it will make you more $$

Visual Aids: See how it's scrolled right to the end but only queued 15000 rather than full 23268 amount of wood in the city.

2aio3uc.png

Balance: on one leg.

Abuse Prevention: None that i can see

Summary: Keep the current trade scroll system in place so it still queues everything in stock but stick a cap in place which kicks in to prevent the amount queued from exceeding that maximum trade capacity of the city to make moving around resources easier. anything else? nope daizan is bored so don't push your luck

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i didn't know about this problem, but it seems logical to me so i'd go with it.

DeletedUser2795

And maybe do the same thing for trading with FVs (so if you have 1500 trade capacity, and you want to trade with a FV, then you can only go up to 1500 on the scroll)

DeletedUser17088

As long as its only limited to the cities 'current and maximum' trade limit then there is no objections on my part

22500 resources being the maximum the scroll could ever get to (if someone was silly enough to buy merchants workshops)

DeletedUser5061

Extras: You might want to add an option to lock destination city in place, it will save us having to drag the same city in to the right hand box over and over again. Make premium better and it will make you more $$

I see Changelog 1.26.7 includes

Features/Changes:

• Trade overview: You now have the option to 'pin' the receiving town to the board. This allows you to easily send resources from different cities to one target city

But the proposal to limit scroller to match the maximum trade capacity is not on the list, does that mean it has been rejected or they just haven't been able to figured out how to code that in?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17088

No mate it doesn't, this idea hasn't even gone to a vote yet as far as i know, there hasn't been much activity on this thread since my post, Ideas which are popular go to development first then Vote

DeletedUser

pretty sure this would go well in a vote, i can't see why anybody would object.

DeletedUser2795

Because they just wanted any new idea to fail, or to just annoy everyone.

DeletedUser5061

No mate it doesn't, this idea hasn't even gone to a vote yet as far as i know, there hasn't been much activity on this thread since my post, Ideas which are popular go to development first then Vote

Wow that's a really poor system no offense, what am I suppose to go around begging people to come on the forums and comment on this just so inno can improve their product, wouldn't it be easier just to be annoyed by it and quit.

DeletedUser17088

Generally the way they look at it is this, if an idea didn't get much interest in the forums and they passed it into the game,they would be taking a bigger risk of backlash from others who don't like that idea

I like your idea and it makes sense, i can not see many people who wouldn't want a logical fix.

I was merely explaining the general method of the Ideas process, not instructing you to rally support

DeletedUser809

Generally the way they look at it is this, if an idea didn't get much interest in the forums and they passed it into the game,they would be taking a bigger risk of backlash from others who don't like that idea

I like your idea and it makes sense, i can not see many people who wouldn't want a logical fix.

I was merely explaining the general method of the Ideas process, not instructing you to rally support

Speaking as a former Mod of the Ideas forum I can say that there is almost zero direct communication between game developers and our lowly forum moderators. I think they do want popular ideas to come their way but let's face it, a lot of the "popular" ideas are really bad ideas. I think the process has more to do with Mods trying to find a way to ensure that they're not just spamming Developers with just any idea. I think the process works for new content or game dynamics ideas but it's not necessarily required for minor improvements.

I would say that in a lot of cases the Mods should really be making the decision whether or not to forward those minor improvement ideas to someone higher up who will talk to the programmers. From what I can see the traffic on the Ideas forum has gone way down from the early days of the game so popularity is not going to be easy to measure in a lot of cases.

Oh and yes, i support this idea.