Inactive Topic Linking Branches of Alliances

DeletedUser

Proposal
Alliances in Grepolis 2.0 should be able to "link" their alliances in the sense that an academy alliance shouldn't be excluded from a hero world if they don't build 4 world wonders but their main branch does.

Reason
Many alliances have an academy alliance or other branches to it that may be left out of a hero world even though some branches of the alliance will make it. This creates a flaw that can exclude some players from what should be a world that they can play in.

Details
There will be a button under leave / delete that says to found an academy alliance. This will be allowed 4 times for each alliance and this can't be done by an academy alliance. Each of the branches will be able to construct world wonders as if they were one alliance.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
The academy alliance or branches of an alliance can't be disbanded without the consent of each academy / branch of the alliance. The number of Islands with world wonders on them will incease by 1 for each academy / branch founded other than the first. These count toward being allowed to be in a hero world.

DeletedUser19554

i totally agree i hope this gets even more good feedback

DeletedUser

Branches and academies are subordinate alliances created to get around the alliance member cap. They are only legal because they are separate alliances. The alliance member cap is a cap. Once reached no more members are allowed.

In order to complete 4 wonders, the alliance needs to have the best of the best players in the game world. Remember that there can be only one of each wonder. The alliance that achieves this goal will not only defend there own wonders, but destroy those owned by others. Each and every member of such an alliance needs to be absolutely dependable. These will be players that have the armies ready to send when the phone rings in the middle of the night. Those that read the forum 2 days after the event and then apologise that their armies are not ready are not going to be welcome in such a group.

It is these champions that the hero world is intended for. It will be the best players from each world pitted against each other. This will be a world where each conquest will be the culmination of a long hard fought series of battles. Those that are deemed fit to be in an academy will not last more than 2 days OOP.

The alliance cap is a cap, I don't support extending it to include other alliances.

DeletedUser19554

once i read priscilla's post i completly changed my mind to hating the idea priscilla are you a diplomant in an alliance because you'd make a great one

DeletedUser

Branches and academies are subordinate alliances created to get around the alliance member cap. They are only legal because they are separate alliances. The alliance member cap is a cap. Once reached no more members are allowed.

In order to complete 4 wonders, the alliance needs to have the best of the best players in the game world. Remember that there can be only one of each wonder. The alliance that achieves this goal will not only defend there own wonders, but destroy those owned by others. Each and every member of such an alliance needs to be absolutely dependable. These will be players that have the armies ready to send when the phone rings in the middle of the night. Those that read the forum 2 days after the event and then apologise that their armies are not ready are not going to be welcome in such a group.

It is these champions that the hero world is intended for. It will be the best players from each world pitted against each other. This will be a world where each conquest will be the culmination of a long hard fought series of battles. Those that are deemed fit to be in an academy will not last more than 2 days OOP.

The alliance cap is a cap, I don't support extending it to include other alliances.

i agree, the best players get in to hero worlds. not small people who happen to be somehow connected to the winning alliance.

DeletedUser

I'm saying no people who actually earnt it should deserve the right to go their not about 100 175point players who dont come on and take space up

DeletedUser

Most alliances that make it to the end will merge with those that are worthy of being added. I say no but yes to players that have achieved certain statistics even if on loosing side (high points and battle points with several cities).

DeletedUser

I agree with Priscilla - an alliance cap is a cap. "Branches" are created by players trying to get around the cap limit OR have a legitimate academy for training newer players. No matter which reason, the result is the same = two separate alliances joined only by agreement. There is no earthly reason to condone theses loopholes through a formal process as imagined by the originator of this thread.

DeletedUser23986

well, then why doesn't the requirement of resource increase with alliance cap, if it does for speed?

Worlds should have been more fair, but it is no use now!

DeletedUser24356

I have another idea instead of just found them how about players give resources to increase alliance cap or make an academy alliance. Lets say 250,000 resources for 1 academy 500,000 more resources for 2 etc. and resources multiply by world speed.

DeletedUser

If you want a big alliance just join a world with a high cap. Hero worlds are already too easy to get into.

DeletedUser17103

i am torn on this matter. on one hand in my alliance the same thing happened. we had a brother alliance but at one point they got angry that they wouldn't be rewarded for there hard work in the WW race. this could easily be avoided with this method but on the other hand as priscilla said an alliance cap is an alliance cap. perhaps just have 2 alliances that can be together and instead of having found academy button summin like link alliance button? to have an alliance brother/sister?

DeletedUser17103

I have another idea instead of just found them how about players give resources to increase alliance cap or make an academy alliance. Lets say 250,000 resources for 1 academy 500,000 more resources for 2 etc. and resources multiply by world speed.

thats a very good idea ;) hadn't seen it... you should make a seperate thread about that maybe? :)

DeletedUser

I am torn. A cap is a cap, but brother alliances should be included. A solutions could be that leaders choose which players from brother alliances helped them enough to go into Hero Worlds. However, they can only choose a certain amount of people.

DeletedUser

Definitely no from me. Alliance Branches/Academies/Wings/Brothers/Sisters/etc do not need any encouragement.

There's an alliance cap for a reason. Plus, only one alliance can win the world, not one alliance plus all of it's wings.

DeletedUser

Wow, talk about a stupid idea.
The alliance that finishes 4 WWs wins. The alliance who helps them win is just one of the many losers. If anything they should be banned for cheating (and being stupid).

DeletedUser

Yeah, not a good idea. It's bad enough people try to jump over small alliance caps, let alone this.

DeletedUser24356

thats a very good idea ;) hadn't seen it... you should make a seperate thread about that maybe? :)
It would never work but i just got another idea how about making an alliance cap higher by either using resources or gold (which ever inno and the players choose or both). :D