LMAO bellerophon

DeletedUser17088

such good settings and then the word 'revolt' showed up

was just about to consider joining :D think i will give it a miss

DeletedUser2663

So agree with you there. Conquest > Revolt everytime.

DeletedUser

Does anyone who what time the world would be launched? =)

DeletedUser

if was just about to say i'd join if the fist-meister did, but then i remembered that i don't have that silly award people need for hero worlds :D

DeletedUser15905

Revolt and Conquest both have their merits. It's only fair to open the second hero world with revolt if the first one had conquest. What did you expect?

DeletedUser

Revolt is for really player

conquest is for players who have no life and can only plan for one strike on a city.

I have been in both and the game play in revolt worlds is where the action is. Conquest is a defensive prone world

DeletedUser22650

i have to disagree with you there, i never have to waste pop on defence if i can attack sieges where as revolt is literally just stack and hope, pretty much just dumbed down for imbeciles

DeletedUser

Revolt is for really player

conquest is for players who have no life and can only plan for one strike on a city.

I have been in both and the game play in revolt worlds is where the action is. Conquest is a defensive prone world

you sorta hit the mark...
i agree that revolt is better but dont think the conquest players wont bring a fight to the table.

DeletedUser

haha a good old revolt verse conquest duel...

i can safely say, that conquest players have been around alot longer then revolt players, and revolt came from a mutated idea of conquest, so if you know how to play conquest, you know how to play a revolt world... its just like Cars, if you know how to drive a manual, which was the first type of car, then you know how to drive an automatic, which is an easier more laid back version.

DeletedUser17088

Unfortunately i don't have the energy to wake up at nights to launch attacks etc. 4 month old kid doesnt allow that, also my wife would divorce me if i played Grepolis again :D

DeletedUser

haha a good old revolt verse conquest duel...

i can safely say, that conquest players have been around alot longer then revolt players, and revolt came from a mutated idea of conquest, so if you know how to play conquest, you know how to play a revolt world... its just like Cars, if you know how to drive a manual, which was the first type of car, then you know how to drive an automatic, which is an easier more laid back version.

That's a terrible analogy given for the last 2 years, I've had plenty of conquest players ask me how revolt works... if your analogy has to fit, it would be the other way around. Conquest is to auto-drivers, as revolt is for manual drivers. :p

i have to disagree with you there, i never have to waste pop on defence if i can attack sieges where as revolt is literally just stack and hope, pretty much just dumbed down for imbeciles

Ahh yes, like sailing a CS into someones harbor while they're asleep and stacking it like an imbecile until you capture the city a day later. Good point.

DeletedUser

I am predominantly a conqeust player because of the snipe options. Don't have to rely on your alliance so much i you have a ton of different snipe options. Land Offense, Naval Offense in particular, which is how I do most of my snipes as it is more efficient troop wise even if there is less net bp compared to stacking.

Revolt however is less centered around online times I've found, more so getting enough offense in to take a city, and is less time consuming than conquest. With 80+ cities in Tau its taken me literally half the night just add the needed supports to make sure my siege doesn't get crushed. Even when using a slow transporter to slow down the times.

DeletedUser22708

Ahh yes, like sailing a CS into someones harbor while they're asleep and stacking it like an imbecile until you capture the city a day later. Good point.
Revolt world favors the defender while Conquest world favors the attacker, imo of course ;)

DeletedUser

Oddly enough I've heard the same argument flipped around.

"oh you don't have to build defense, just biremes in revolt, its all attack attack attack"

"conquest favors defense, you get short ranged you have to waste all your LS to break it and lose your army for what could be a failed attempt."

:heh: to each his own though. I'm okay with either.

DeletedUser

both systems are cool for different reasons.
but conquest is better :cool:
one thing which there surely can be no arguement about is that conquests needs you to be online more (since you need to time both attacks and support). i would also say that taking a city from an active player is a lot tougher in conquest because the defender has 4 different methods of sniping available (which is why i believe that conquest requires a lot more tactical and strategic thinking). an online player in a conquest world with a city full of pretty much any troops you want should be able to defend any conquest attempt.

revolt = hulk
conquest = james bond

something like that anyway :p

DeletedUser2663

revolt = hulk
conquest = james bond

something like that anyway :p

Agree with you there. On gythium atm, if i want a city i just go "Me want City, me nuke city to oblvion, City is mine". To easy really.