Long Time Away

DeletedUser

She's ...back!

The 'nasty' defense player.

Just want to give a shout-out to all of Grepolis. Heya and HEY-YA!
You all rock for being here. Seriously! Grepolis is shaking the Grecian world!

I looked, at a whim, and a new world started, a few hours before I 'looked'. So.. what the hell!

Not sure if I will keep playing, but I have invested some real cash this time at the get-go.
It's merely an experiment, mind you. But it may be fun, if the tequila doesn't divert me too much.

Peace, and all that jazz.

Apologia.

DeletedUser

Double post... and it may be a triple post if no one says anything...

The company has made changes! Sweetness. So smooth, and yes, eliminated many of the superfluous angles.

Love the new intro and newbie access. Joined late at 600 something rank, up to 214th as of this writing.
But main thing is the interface. New people have a great way to learn fast.

Nice changes!

Apologia.

DeletedUser

Chrss! Well heck, really all this is is a 'shout-out' to all those fun peeps I've played with for years.
How's it goin' sweetheart? You playing this game? Anyone else around from the old crew?
(and apologies for familiarity with an admin, but heck, just good to be lookin' around and actually spending some real cash this time!)

Got myself up to the 20th rank... Whoo hoo!
Course it makes me a target and I'll be dead in a week, but too much fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

hi..first time seeing ya

i think this world has the most gold players...except me :(

DeletedUser

hi..first time seeing ya

i think this world has the most gold players...except me :(

Howdy!
Well, don't sweat it about the gold. This game isn't pay-to-win. It's all about your TEAM.
However, gold does help you out on numbers, and helps keep a decent gaming company alive.

But, in the end... (as I should know from being on a few very good but losing teams!!!)
... it's all about your alliance and it's leaders.

Speaking of alliances, got a few nice invitations so far.
But with my luck, who would really want me?!?!

DeletedUser14786

Wooohooooo!!!

I just came back from a grepo break too! Not playing this world though... speed 3 takes over my life. At any rate, good to see you again! Also, check out my spoiler! :p

DeletedUser

Ituralde! Hey hey old friend!

By all that is unholy and rotting in a garbage pail... you saved that splurge? And, and... use it?

:eek: I blush!

Edit: However, what was said is true. That situation was dire to the utmost degree.

(Yeah, not sure how long I'll last here. Speed 3 is a killer for us old fogeys, but heck, as stated above I peeked in and a game had just started. And wow, Grepolis different now! It was a no-brainer (literally!!) that I'd roll a character and start tossing dice.)

DeletedUser

What worlds did you play, im sure i remember you, or heard about you :) Old players are always welcome back.

DeletedUser

What worlds did you play, im sure i remember you, or heard about you :) Old players are always welcome back.

Oh gosh, quite a few. Ituralde and I (amongst some other goofy folks) played Lambda together to our ignominious defeat after many many months of trials and eventual catastrophe. (at least I can only suppose so. I quit from lack of sleep.) Most of us just burned out trying to defend an impossible position.

Played Xi for awhile with some of the mods as team-mates. That was grand fun for a month or so!

Saw chrss modding this game and did a little jig on the carpet. Woot! Had to join. :cool:

DeletedUser

Ohh maybe it was Lambda, were you the player that spam built Biremes?? I think Ituralde was telling me about you a while ago :)

DeletedUser

Ohh maybe it was Lambda, were you the player that spam built Biremes?? I think Ituralde was telling me about you a while ago :)

A-yup! That would be me. However, you can't win wars defending. T'was fun though!

Edit: Ah, checking up on old stuff and see that Lambda was the first world to close.
No surprise there, it never possessed a huge population.

At least one of my Lambda team is now a mod. (Sasukepran)
And, of interest to those playing here, I believe it was chrss' first world modding.
(want to keep this thread at least partially relevant to this world!)

Just all around great people on that little world. And grats to the winners!

Good to see at least a few of the 'old school' peeps are still at it!

DeletedUser14786

That spam building biremes allowed 5 of us to hold back the top two alliances... to the point that the battle lines around us bulged in and we stuck out. :D If the shared DBP mechanic had existed back then... Apologia would probably have earned 2-4 million dbp!

Well don't let me take this off topic. :eek:

DeletedUser

That spam building biremes allowed 5 of us to hold back the top two alliances... to the point that the battle lines around us bulged in and we stuck out. :D If the shared DBP mechanic had existed back then... Apologia would probably have earned 2-4 million dbp!

Ituralde how are you man? Loooooooong time no see

DeletedUser

Damn, I should have stuck it out. I really never played my big card. (actually defending myself)
I can understand why no one tried for me, attacking thousands of birs is daunting.
(Not to mention a thousand fireships that were waiting in my rear)

But truely, I was merely a 'side-kick' to you who fought like demons on the front lines for month after month.
I may have given millions of DBP to my friends....
But you folks just kept going as all around us ....crumbled like toast.

Lambda may be the first world to close, but it was an epic fight.

Edit: And here I am again, after many many months hiatus! A new world!

DeletedUser

Curiously, I'm enjoying this speed three.

I'll be dead soon. And then, no worries! Old age be damned!

And this world is so damnably quiet in the threads, I have no idea what peeps are doing. :cool:

Ever feel like you are being watched?

DeletedUser

Tracking your threads and posts mate.
By the by... is that doggie pooping on your own lawn?