Looking for a good read...

DeletedUser

I've never read a Chris Ryan book, although I see them everywhere... could you recommend one of the better ones? :p

DeletedUser

He does write quite a few childrens ones, but the one about his ordeals in the Gulf is very good, 'The One that Got Away'.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I've seen some of his books in the same section as Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series. Thanks, I'll look into that!

Have you read the Alex Rider books, by the way? You might like them, teenage spy theme.

DeletedUser

I remember my little cousin telling me to read one, but it just didn't really 'float my boat' as it were.

DeletedUser

The series was quite interesting, (Scorpia fav. with Ark Angel 2nd). It reads like a mini-James Bond that's a bit cleaner. On another hand, anyone like fantasy? Kingkiller Chronicles pretty good.

DeletedUser

Hehe, I read it back in primary school - I only actually bought it a few months ago. I genuinely can't remember the sequels, Lirael and Abhorsen. I suppose they're next on the hit-list. :p

DeletedUser

Do you like crime thrillers? If so I can recommend a list as long as my arm.I'm talking, cannot put the book down

DeletedUser

I can't say it's my sort of thing, but I'm always open to new genres. :)

Except erotica... you can keep that. :p

DeletedUser

Novelist James Patterson. Various titles but mainly the series of books with Alex Cross. A chain of books about a policeman in America called Alex Cross. Gripping

Many other Alex Cross books but my other favorite was one of his standalones called kill me if you can. Great twist.

Dan Brown, if you havent read all his books including Angels and Demons, digital fortress, the da vinci code imo you are missing out on some of the best book in history

Life of Pi. Great read.

There is a novelist called Sue townsend, I dunno why but her books keep me reading and I buy more. I can't think what genre to call them but they are basically like diaries of peoples lives, written by Sue, being the charcater.

Many more but they arethe most recent few i have read

DeletedUser

James Patterson is good - read the Private series. I'll check out Alex Cross.
Read all of Dan Brown's listed.
If anyone likes legal thriller, John Grisham has written quite a bit.

DeletedUser

Start with killme if you can. Its a standalone and its great. I can see him bringing out a second one

What I like about James Patterson is he started writing so his children had something to do other than getting drunk on teh streets lol

DeletedUser

Ooh, I actually have a lot of Dan Brown books in my house - not mine - so I might pinch those at some point. :p

I'm not sure what to think of Life of Pi. It doesn't sound like it would be that exciting, like the opening of The Island of Dr Moreau.

DeletedUser

You need to be patient, the first 100 pages were hard work but it c ame worth while

Yes honestly pushty if they are in your house get involved. I promise you wont put them down.

Varun

Strategos
please do. I love crime thrillers/legal fiction

Well, if you are looking for light legal fictions then I would recommend Nancy Drew series. It has a fair amount of legal side as well as mystery.

If you want some heavy legal fiction then John Grisham is the best for you, especially his novel known as The Firm. It is a classic legal thriller but you need to know legal terms for reading his novels, ya know.

Light crime thrillers include certain stories of Sherlock Holmes and such. I don't know about others.

DeletedUser

I have read some of Grisham's work and am currently reading Sherlock Holmes. Grisham's good and I'm trying to hunt down more of his works. As for Nancy Drew, pretty well-known, but I've never considered it.

Btw, wanted to add that Gutenberg Project is amazing to get free books that have had their copyright expired! Check it out!