Looking for a little advice

DeletedUser

Hi everyone,

New to the game, read most of the guides and so on. Seems fairly straight forward, but I do have a question.
It would seem when building and researching you'd want to get to conquest as quickly as possible to expand and join the action, if this is correct, does anyone have a recommendation on buildout as far as constructing my city goes?

Thanks.

DeletedUser

i imagine they are going to move this thread. but in the meantime your only somewhat right.

you do want to reach conquest quickly, its the premise of the game. but you dont want to neglect your army and navy to reach that point. if you have a 3000 point city with barely and troops you going to lose you city very quickly.

since your new just keep in mind a simple 25% rule. you should have an amount of troops equal to 25% of your point total right now. for example if you have a 1000 point city your going to want at least 250 troops in it. make sense?

as far as how to quickly reach conquest...youll need alot before you can finally take a city.

academy - 28
harbor - 20
warehouse - 20 (with ceramics researched)

get your senate built up to level 15 as early as possible. it makes building everything else much faster. get your resources up around 20 because your going to need them. after that you can start pushing academy hard.

just a basic general idea to get you started.

what you should do is find a decent alliance with some experienced players who can help you figure everything out.

DeletedUser

Thanks to both of you for responding, and the big bad, I shall follow your detailed advice to survive.
This game appears to be alot of fun, thanks again.

DeletedUser18571

Your only as good as your alliance,

Best advice would be to find a good team that is willing to teach you first hand, As long as your Active enough.

DeletedUser

Haven't you played before? I swear I remember you from another server a couple of years ag...Epsilon perhaps?

I wish I had known about this game a couple years ago. I choose my name from a street in my area, I'm guessing Epsilon was a map world in the game.

DeletedUser

Your only as good as your alliance,

Best advice would be to find a good team that is willing to teach you first hand, As long as your Active enough.

Thank you Smiley, I read in some of the guides that it's best not to approach alliances, but have them approach you, is this true?
I plan on playing a good bit.

DeletedUser18571

Thank you Smiley, I read in some of the guides that it's best not to approach alliances, but have them approach you, is this true?
I plan on playing a good bit.

It depends on the situation, at the start of the world you get lots of invitations and you make the decision on which is best, Later on It all depends on personal merits not necessarily whos asking to join. Weak alliances would invite anyone so it wouldnt matter if you or theym contact the other first.

DeletedUser

Thank you again Smiley.
I guess it goes without saying that I'd prefer an alliance with experienced members and strength in order to maximize my learning curve.

DeletedUser31552

I am also sure that I have seen your name before. You did play once before.