Votes: 33 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey guys, great attitudes there - why not just make the game so that you all start the game with Giant Stompy Robots in your cities that nothing can stop?

And they can walk under water too!

And no one else has them ...

As for this suggestion here is the other side of it: when you trade with the loca farms you have to go there to trade with your goods

If you are trying to trade with other players then naturally you would go to them

Sounds like you want it all to be designed for the attacker - so play action man on your consoles on the noobs setting ... then you get to kill the enemy with no casualties and never lose.

This is supposed to be a strategy game - no challenge = no brainer

Resources in the market should not be safe, as it provides an easy way for anyone to not be farmed, since they just have to be online before the attack hits and they can hide all their resources in the market (or most of them at least). That means that an additional 15,000 resources can be "hidden" from attackers with no cost. So, with maximum warehouse and marketplace levels. The most one can steal from you is 5,000 resources total, so less than a 100% strength farm.

That seems like a terrible thing to let stand, as it takes strategy out of it. One doesn't have to send their resources away, just let them sit in the vault of the marketplace.

Aicy

Strategos
Hey guys, great attitudes there - why not just make the game so that you all start the game with Giant Stompy Robots in your cities that nothing can stop?

As for this suggestion here is the other side of it: when you trade with the loca farms you have to go there to trade with your goods

If you are trying to trade with other players then naturally you would go to them

Sounds like you want it all to be designed for the attacker - so play action man on your consoles on the noobs setting ... then you get to kill the enemy with no casualties and never lose.

What Olrich said is completely my point in bringing up this idea. I want to make it more realistic. If the offer has been accepted than that means, duh, the merchants are off delivering the resources, so that wouldn't be lootable. If you trading with a farming village that means, duh, the merchants are off delivering the resources, so that wouldn't be lootable.

What I'm trying to do here is stop players making ridiculous offers which won't be accepted before they're attacked so the resources in that offer aren't looted... this is what is lootable. These merchants haven't left the market yet and should be venerable to be looted.

This is abuse prevention and the only reason I can think your arguing against it is because you use this technique yourself. Or your a troll. ;)

DeletedUser

I dont see anything against this... no one has brought up sufficient reason why its a bad idea from what I can see.

Unless people make good valid points on why not I can only assume people that say this is a bad idea only say it because thats what they do.

DeletedUser

This is a great idea, the only people who won't agree is the people who use this massive loophole to save their resources.

Then they can't market hide them so their screwed when their empty village is raided. Its a cheap tactic, this suggestion will squash it.

So good idea +1

DeletedUser

Truly,you will not get any resources from a active player with maxed Warehouse & market,because most likely,they will either be using the resources,so,they won't have have resources,you will only get resources from the inactive players....

And to say something about raggidman's post;

Next time you post,try not to be an ***..It pisses people off..

And because you only have posted 9 times..You will most likely be using this...

And sadly,that means you are being farmed..

& as Aicy said,those that are away will not be looted..We said that are on the market,not the ones shipping..

And for those that post in the future,try to read first,& stop with your noobish comments.

DeletedUser

Exactly, its a no brainer to put your resource on the market when your about to get attacked. No strategy there.

How about you defend it, that's strategy.

This absolutely needs to be instated. I'm 100% for this +1.

DeletedUser

raggidman needs some defending he was simply saying that this game would start favouring the attacker more so than the defender. i agree with this idea though but calling someone an "***" isnt exactly needed so just back off and let him share his opinion.

DeletedUser

Aicy, +1, placing your resources on market is definitely a cheap technique to avoid the spoils of war that favors only the most active players.

When an attack occurs and the resources are drawn from the market placement, it should just automatically update with the new amount for trade if there are any left.

DeletedUser2825

This works both ways, because even if the offer is accepted, they only get 1 of the reource back

DeletedUser

Status Quo fine for me.

I think the market should stay as is. I used it for a while in beta to prevent an opponent from getting resources. It encouraged me to keep playing, if only to up my market till help arrived.

If he really wants resources from me...then simple: Accept my offer, my warehouse will full up with the ridiculous exchange, and you will get the goods back again, because they exceed my hidden amount. Especially if you are right next door to me farming me...

PS Help did not arrive, and I was conquered by beta, and then my neighbour did a farming run and lost all his troops, as they were not in the same tribe and did not know about each others attacks. That was the only consolation to being wiped out, and made me smile as I went down in a blaze of fireships.

DeletedUser

Moved to development discussions. One week to discuss, before a vote is held.

Please ensure that the first post in this thread includes the up-to-date version of this idea.

DeletedUser

without taking inactive / active sides, my opinion is that the market goods should be safe from attack.

Reason -- depending on how big your market is, is how many resources you can store. so, if you have a level 5 market, and want to shield 2500 resources than by all means let them shield it.

Yes farming is a part of the game, and yes I farm as well. When suggesting a change like this, you need to look at both sides of the fence.

I understand you want more resources, great. That is your side. Maybe it is a little unrealistic that someone can list their goods for sale in an electronic forum in Ancient Greece. lets do away with the market completely then. And the spies, do they have blackberries? Where do they go after they spy? Then dont even come back to your town. They send you an email. That isn't realistic either. Why haven't anyone rallied to wait for a spy to return with the spy reports? Wouldn't that be realistic?

Now, for the defender. The defender has been under attack from you guys for a while. Yes, he has militia, and I can point out a post where attackers tried to take them away too. It costs them resources to build the market, and they should be allowed to use what they have. How unrealistic is it to believe that the market has a hidden storage area, just like the warehouse?

What this post suggests effectively acts as advertising, screaming "Attack me, I have x number of <silver,wood,stone> available for you to steal." This would make the market no longer a safe place to trade goods, and would stop plenty of players from selling on the market.

Yes, it may seem non-strategic to click a little button, and stash your resources in the market, but the original idea was pretty clever. But when they put 7500 in to demand 2500, well they are idiots. Goto the market, buy the deal from them, and make them eat it. And attack them while the goods are en-route. Or time your attack to land seconds after the goods do, hit them with a double whammy, and well they wont abuse it anymore.

Somethings are better left unchanged, for solutions lay within the problem.

DeletedUser

I would have to agree with No Money,

There are simple ways to prevent people from using this tactic as he stated. The game favors active players, as such if they are active enough to post the resources they should be protected.

On the other side of the coin...

If they considered changing it, imo they should treat the resources the same as if they had been used to build a building or recruit troops. You cancel your trade, you lose half of the resources. This would actually help the market become stable, people would stop trying to price gouge as they would lose half of their resources if someone did not accept the trade and they had to cancel it.

Or there could be a simple timer on all trades, once posted the trade can not be canceled and will stay posted for say 24 hours. This would make people think twice before posting their resources as well.

If they were to do this they would need to hide player names in the market though, as attackers would exploit it by farming the market. Simply send an attack and accept a trade timing the resources to land just before the attack hits. I am actually surprised this has not been done already. Maybe I just think outside the box in that aspect lol. ;)

Either way they will not satisfy 100% of the people playing, someone will find something wrong with it one way or the other.

DeletedUser5

I have made this into a poll, you have 7 days to vote on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.