Discussion Lower CQ time

Shuri2060

Strategos
I want to see more dynamic CQ worlds where takes happen more frequently, like revolt.

Making it easier to take cities should do that - rn a lot of commitment is required since you have to defend Wall 0 for 12 hrs.

Experimenting with shorter CQ times like 3-4 hrs could be an idea.

It would favor newbies less - you could lose a city in your sleep, but I think it's worth a try.

With shorter CQ times, ppl may adopt wall strategies in places which could make things more interesting as well.

======

At the same time, to balance, it would be ideal to make it harder to take cities while a player is offline.

It's much more interesting to see a PvP fight with both sides online rather than the online vs offline play that is prevalent in CQ.

Last edited:

Shuri2060

Strategos
Back to this, if the worry about short CQ times is players getting rimmed very quickly at the start, then we can make players start with more and/or bigger cities in worlds with such settings. I honestly think this will improve CQ dynamics --- please give it a try.

Thooury

Hekatontarch
Grepo player base is already too small and divided imo. Added to that the pandemic is slowly coming to an end (fingers crossed), so a portion of the player base who are unable to work from home anymore will probably quit, or at least be less active.

That being said, if miraculously one would be able to get "all" currently playing skilled players and make some kind of no-hugging system. I think that would be both awesome to watch and be a part of.
But as I said, there would need to be a system in place that makes hugging impossible (how one would do that is beyond me though)
If you don't, I fear that alliance will band to gather to "bully" their contenders out, which isn't healthy for anyone.

definitely interesting though

Darth Akula

Lochagos
What about lowering it on certain days? IE Saturday for a fast conq is down to 4 hours. But week days is a normal time.

^Brilliant idea

That being said, if miraculously one would be able to get "all" currently playing skilled players and make some kind of no-hugging system.

^There it is. The magic words. If Grepo ever went back to how it used to be played with no hugging and real fighting, 98% of these losers who claim they're the best *now* and all this "I'm so good" would quit within a month max. They'd never be able to handle it.

My own feedback:

There was a time where fast worlds had 8 and even 6 hour wait times for sieges to end. It was amazing. Everyone loved it - err, the players who actually play and fight that is. I miss it.