mail disappearing

DeletedUser19523

i get mails every now and then that, when i open them, the message is blank, and in a red box appears the following words... "the message was not found". what does this mean? is it a problem with my account, or is it like a free gold thing found by mods and deleted?

DeletedUser

From time to time people join every world for the sole purpose of spamming everybody with invitations to join other games. Once these people are discovered, their accounts and the messages they sent are deleted. This would cause you to receive a new message notification without a message attached. Don't worry about it, you probably didn't want to read it anyway.

DeletedUser19523

well sometimes it says "did you get it?" as the title of the message... what is that for? and is it just for that, because i have reported people for giving me pass + account and all that info, but then i start hearing from them again? how come they arent banned?

DeletedUser

The title and content of every message is created by the person that sent the message. Perhaps this is who you should ask about the meaning.

Unless it has already been fixed, there is a current bug which prevents some people from sending mail in the first attempt. Since the message disappears, the sender might be unsure of whether or not they sent the intended message. The workaround to this is to copy the message (Ctrl + C) and if the doesn't appear in the list, try again (paste it Ctrl + V).

Trading accounts is not against the rules. Having more than one account on a world or having more than one person log into an account is. So sending someone your password is not a banable offence. Foolish yes, but not banable.

If someone is sending you login details to another account and asking you to break the rule, leave the message in your inbox and send a support ticket. The 'report message' button sends the message to the wrong area of support and will generally only be assessed for language or other illegal content.

DeletedUser19523

i understand that... but how would you know if someone is asking you to do that for them if you do not first read it.

DeletedUser

You don't know. Which might be a very good excuse to send them a message and ask what they wanted.

DeletedUser19523

but then it would be classified as "mail read"... even if you didnt read it, Grepolis marks it as a message read.

DeletedUser43119

it showing i have 1 mail unread. I click one today it open then disappear.

I've known player that have 7 mail not read even tho they delete every mail it still showing that.

DeletedUser

Could it be the game announcements that players receive?
They are marked as unread until you click on them.

T

DeletedUser5819

If someone is sending you login details to another account and asking you to break the rule, leave the message in your inbox and send a support ticket. The 'report message' button sends the message to the wrong area of support and will generally only be assessed for language or other illegal content.
I just felt the need to comment on this, as things have changed.

To report a message for any reason whatsoever, please use the report message button rather than a support ticket. This ensures that the support team can still see the message even if it gets deleted ingame. There is a place to write why you are reporting the message, and it will be assessed for all things including rulebreaking of every sort.

If you have already sent in a ticket it is still worth reporting the message using the Report feature in the mailbox.