Make game last

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
So on average I would say about 2k players play a world now, so in first few days players go into the core oceans and most worlds only the core oceans are filled. Why not first week or two players dropped into the core oceans. Then third and fourth week folk get dropped into surrounding oceans and so on, that way game will last longer and might actually cut down on the amount of alliances all hugging together to try and get an advantage over everyone else. So instead of roughly 6 oceans dominated u could potentially double this by just making the world more spread out...

DeletedUser6812

Realisitically theres only 500 active players in a new world a month down the line now :/

However if you want the world spread out why not just limit the island anchors to 10? Instant spread from day one.

DeletedUser55662

how many will stay?
i find interesting what Myrddin suggest

DeletedUser55891

how boring would that be. the ocean would just be less filled and you would have to sail further

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
The game is already getting at that point of being boring, alliances all band together form massive MRAs, I'm proposing to cut that out by spreading folk out. If that was implemented you could potentially see players all over and more players might join in first weeks stopping that problem of only core oceans and then there's the amount of players that quit or restart only to spawn back into the core. Also think would help that inno didn't release so many worlds in one go and said they would be releasing X amount every year.

DeletedUser56580

its true that evrery year we see less players. it has become something like a private club. i remember fondly the days when it was not expanding only in 4 oceans. i remember worlds with 10 oceans full. i dont believe that what was proposed above is going to help. however i can propose 2 things that i am 100 % sure will bring old players back and make new players stay. nothing new since those proposals have been posted several times before but it doesnt hurt once more.
1)spam. i have red that inno takes action against it if you send ticket now however i dont know how fast they stop it. i still remember 1 and half year ago when the top 10 players of my alliance were spammed by a bot. we had 24h attacks exactly every 5m which were cancelled. we sent tickets immediately but even for something so obvious it took inno 2 days to act.
2)gold. we all understand that inno wants heavy gold users since its where money comes from. i am also using alot however there must be a limit. a game which rewards skills, activity, teamwork is much more fascinating than a game where you can purchase victory with your wallet. when someone is able to break a siege because he sent 3 full manti nukes from same city in less than 2h (he must have summoned merchant like a 500 times to do it), then he kills your mood to play.

DeletedUser56580

in the example you give bots are the issue, not spam
no mate. bots just mess with my game but spam is worst because it messes with my life. i just mentioned that spam example because despite the fact it was so bloody obvious, it took mods 2 days to deal with it.

Aicy

Strategos
The game is already getting at that point of being boring, alliances all band together form massive MRAs, I'm proposing to cut that out by spreading folk out. If that was implemented you could potentially see players all over and more players might join in first weeks stopping that problem of only core oceans and then there's the amount of players that quit or restart only to spawn back into the core. Also think would help that inno didn't release so many worlds in one go and said they would be releasing X amount every year.

In a way all you're doing is cutting in half unit speed times.

You could in effect make a unit speed 0.5 world.