Passed Make the world spherical

• Thread starter DeletedUser31385
  • Start date

DeletedUser31385

Ships can't cross over the poles though. Too thick of an ice sheet. You could fly over though.
Thanks for your suggestion, it is appreciated.

DeletedUser18132

I actually really like this idea, would vote for it if it came up in a vote.

DeletedUser8396

My point wasn't to say we shouldn't add it in, but we shouldn't add it for realism - as it isn't realistic. The gameplay advantages would be wonderful though.

DeletedUser48780

I like the flat world. It actually allows for a more even game play. Rim for newbies and casual players, core for the more serious ones. It actually allows for informed players to play according to their strength. I can't imagine a new or a casual player last for a week or two in the core against premades. Most informed players but can't invest much time move towards rim as a world progresses, while the serious ones will work their way towards core.

DeletedUser

Well done Fig. I think that you have come up with an idea that could get the devs to think about possible future improvements to the game. It would be a radical change from the flat worlds that we have now and bring changes to the spawn points of new and restarting players. It would mean the end of "The Rim" and completely change alliance planning and diplomacy concepts. tbh I would hope that this concept could be run as a beta world just to see how it plays.

DeletedUser31385

I currently have no plans to remove the rim. Although...I can devise a plan and see what everyone thinks.

DeletedUser31385

Actually, it is impossible to remove the rim unless you spread everyone out randomly along all the oceans. That would kill competition and would be a disaster. There is no viable way to remove the rim.

DeletedUser

This is a good idea in theory but in practice it wouldn't make a noticeable difference. For it to be worthwhile, the world would need to be filled to the outer oceans which doesn't happen.

I'd suggest making the worlds smaller so that it brings everything closer together. You still have a rim and a core but all oceans would see use and the travel times would be reduced as well. It would also reduce the issue of settling in distant oceans.

I agree with Pebble that the map is supposed to represent Greece, not the whole world, so to make it round would be strange. Also, just making the world smaller would be quicker for Innogames as they wouldn't need to program in the calculations for poles and shortest routes for movements.

DeletedUser31385

This is a good idea in theory but in practice it wouldn't make a noticeable difference. For it to be worthwhile, the world would need to be filled to the outer oceans which doesn't happen.

I'd suggest making the worlds smaller so that it brings everything closer together. You still have a rim and a core but all oceans would see use and the travel times would be reduced as well. It would also reduce the issue of settling in distant oceans.

I agree with Pebble that the map is supposed to represent Greece, not the whole world, so to make it round would be strange. Also, just making the world smaller would be quicker for Innogames as they wouldn't need to program in the calculations for poles and shortest routes for movements.

A lot of the worlds do reach the outer oceans. I saw one where almost all the oceans were full. Making the world smaller is something a lot of people do not want. It has already been closed so it is out the question. I am trying to think of a new way for players to spawn while still keeping it at 044,054,055,045 line.

DeletedUser

I think this is a good idea though I don't know many worlds where this will change much but maybe expansion into the outer oceans will be more common with this. I like this just not sure if its likely to make a massive change. Though I support.

DeletedUser31385

I think this is a good idea though I don't know many worlds where this will change much but maybe expansion into the outer oceans will be more common with this. I like this just not sure if its likely to make a massive change. Though I support.

Day/night will be different in different areas of the world. This means someone on the night side could send an air attack to the other side of the world or vise versa.

DeletedUser49197

fig, in most worlds, there are tiny groups of players who move to oceans way out (99,90,0, etc.), and the worlds never get full, there is just a few islands of "Islandiers" as I like to call them. So, you would have to make the world smaller to make this work, but I agree completely.

DeletedUser31385

If I put "To make the world smaller" in this then the idea gets closed.

DeletedUser31385

Even if it is a small group of people, it makes it easier for them to access the other side of the world (Which is currently blocked by the core oceans and all the players in them) easily.

DeletedUser27128

Even if it is a small group of people, it makes it easier for them to access the other side of the world (Which is currently blocked by the core oceans and all the players in them) easily.

We don't have that many players these days in order for this to be useful

DeletedUser5819

Or we could get rid of the end game and stop closing old worlds and only make new worlds every few months so that people actually play a world for a long time and keep joining it and......oh yeah, bring back 1.26 :p

sorry, only serious.

DeletedUser31385

We don't have that many players these days in order for this to be useful

We all know who to blame for that....

3638964.jpg