Map for Gamma server?

DeletedUser

Just for next time could you replace either green or yellow with red(or another colour) please? (I'm slightly colourblind so they look quite similar to me). Good work. Does this map tool allow you to pick which ocean you zoom on?
thanks

It is pretty hard to do that as their are a lack of colours I can use. But certainly, next time, I'll do my best to make it so everyone can see it :)

DarthV said:
Great map Osl.. I couldnt have done it better myself, if i was scripter, I might would atempt makeing an Auto-Updates maps, but I'm obviously not.

About the scripting. I have little to no knowledge on batch. However, I did try editing Nickjers current script for TW maps to make it compute with Gamma. I failed.
The reason: They are Javascript Object Notation files (the API this is), and though they should be treated similarly to Text files, I can't do it :D

DeletedUser5

Nickjer's main updating maps that he posts on the forums are done using PHP.

I'll try and take a look at his code later, and see what I can do about editing it for this purpose.

DeletedUser

Nickjer's main updating maps that he posts on the forums are done using PHP.

I'll try and take a look at his code later, and see what I can do about editing it for this purpose.

I'm a complete utter noob at this stuff :) Good luck, if you can make auto updating maps for Gamma or even just get a script for making maps for Gamma, I'll be happy :)

DeletedUser

Here's a map of the top tribes by average points (within the top 50 - I think there is another couple of tribes that should be on here, but they only have a few members).

Oh before it get's blasted for being rubbish - it's my first attempt!!

I'm not even sure how to upload this image properly.....

gpmap.jpg

Yah.... it looks pretty terrible

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow! Both maps look really good and helpful. I like them.

Next time:
@carf: Use colours that stand out more, fluorescent ones are best!

@cfunkle: Great for a first attempt. Next time, make it slightly bigger and save it as a .PNG

DeletedUser

I see myself...all out and alone with no fellow huggers to be seen :(

DeletedUser

Are any map adjustments actually happening? Admins said anything?