Map

DeletedUser1405

They seem to be concentrating in One area as far as i see it. Thats not taking more territories that is stabilising what you already have.

DeletedUser

They seem to be concentrating in One area as far as i see it. Thats not taking more territories that is stabilising what you already have.

so the simple fact that an alliance with only 37 players can expand in to an area with Nearly the same size as an alliance with 150+ players have. is just Stabilizing in your opinion ??

if the NOOBS was a alliance of that Size then I would agree they are stabilizing but because they are so few but have so much it is in my book a story of Aggressive expansion

DeletedUser1405

The word stabilising was used because that is what they are doing, they are clearing all the threats around them and making sure there are no viable threats to there main area, so yes they are stabilising, whether it be by taking cities or farming players into quitting.
I think we would have seen a move into other oceans by now if they wanted to expand at any rate.
I dont like surmising on what others are thinking but common sense says you dont expand till you secure your own region. Am i right, answers on a postcard please,:)

DeletedUser

The word stabilising was used because that is what they are doing, they are clearing all the threats around them and making sure there are no viable threats to there main area, so yes they are stabilising, whether it be by taking cities or farming players into quitting.
I think we would have seen a move into other oceans by now if they wanted to expand at any rate.
I dont like surmising on what others are thinking but common sense says you dont expand till you secure your own region. Am i right, answers on a postcard please,:)

you are somewhat correct However looking at your definition I would say also Slightly flawed since your definition doesn't take in to account ally's with small member count. for instance a alliance with 5 members it will never in the beginning(if ever) be able to stabelize such a large area that an entire ocean is.

however they can still stabelize the surrounding islands, so once they have stabelized the islands around them it would be called Expansion when they try to go beyond that.

therefore my argument is still valid since the NOOBS is an Alliance of 35-40 members they are allready done stabelizing their close surroundings and are expanding simply becase they are so few compared to the Spirit of 45. The spirit of 45 are stabelizing their core ocean simply because they are 150+ members. and can easily cover an entire ocean from the beginning.

DeletedUser21770

So basically because he's not saying 'NOOBS are great' his opinion is flawed?

Yes NOOBS have done well in STABILISING there position. Yes NOOBS may well begin aggresive expansion in the near future. They've done well, there's no denying that. But right now it is progressive expansion, stablising their core area while moving closer to their enemies. It's interesting to see the map changing to show this XD

DeletedUser1405

Instead of quoting players, do me a favour and look and the amount of villages each alliance has, if i am not wrong there wont be much difference, this invalidates any reference to the difference in size of the alliances. They are more equal in size than people realise.
The difference being that the members of NOOBS are very active and Spirit has its fair share of Turtles/Inactives just as most large alliances.
Only time will tell which of these alliances will remain at the top of the tree, i have no intention of putting my money on any of them as all it would take is that a coupld of decent players quit the world from either side and that would tip the balance.

DeletedUser

it's true that the amount of towns the alliances have now are very equal and if you look at it like this then yes we are a big alliance and are Stabilizing the area.

but for 35-40 players to be as big as an alliance of 150+ players they have to be aggressively in their expansion and because of that they have to stabilize a smaller area before they can even begin to think of stabilizing an area at the size of an ocean. NOOBS are great yes but I don't think anyone should say that just to make me happy, just because it's a good alliance in my opinion, but as with any alliance some form of inactivity is bound to happen and as mike62 say a few good players on each side leaving can change the balance so it's still Very interesting.

DeletedUser

I'm still under the impression that the alliance in green is the most powerfull ! =p