Marathons first MRA-Death fiber/Death fibers -

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I notice Tbrew has started marathons 1st MRA or should I say MRAs cause everyone knows your not a true MRA without a academy alliance or offshoot. So big facepalm to Death Fiber and Death fibers.

Currently fighting less than 10 members of Seal Elite in ocean 45 now thats top lvl from a world with alliance limit of 90 so over 100 players attacking less than 10 MRA sadness at its best and of course showing the class of player.After his -all offensive stategy on Achilles while in TW SHADOWS,which resulted in meeting Superman10101 who wiped his armies on his walls and then let his alliance know,so in short TBREW got rimmed quit achilles and restarted here with a big spend up on gold we all remember that,Top player until nub protection wore off.So obviously TW SHADOWS didnt want to save him there.So here he is and in light of his merge or die tatics with Ultimate Dark Titans then merging in Army of Darkness,So he could have two alliances to fight for him this world.I wont even mention being pacted to every decent or bigger alliance around them another sign of MRA.

DeletedUser

Ok, a few pointers:

1) The long-story short of it is a Mass-Recruiting Alliance or MRA is one that spams the world with invites and is usually led by noobs and thus pacted with everyone to avoid any conflict. Thankfully, most of them have been eradicated in the core. Death Fibers invited players from Carte Blanche, ARMY OF DARKNESS, Dark Titan Reserves, and Ultimate Dark Titans. Its just a massive merge by alliances that were fighting in Ocean 45; no one was spammed with invites who didn't already want to be a part of them. And their leadership is not noobish; they are pacted with alliances that fought the war with them. Did you fight the war? I didn't think so because your guys don't fight. If you consider them a MRA based on the size of the merge, you'd also consider The Southerners Reborn merge with Raise Your Weapon a MRA. And demz fightin wordz :p

2) Who are you to call out a MRA in Marathon? For starters, you have elite in your name although your alliance is far from it. You lead a simmer's alliance because out of 66 players, only 10 players ever attack anything. And when you finally do attack, can you take a city from a top 70 alliance? Hell no. The only alliance you guys took a city from was a venerial disease that no one should be touching.. Your recruiting skills are god-awful and completely irresponsible - which of these players will ever work together??? And finally, do you try to clean up your inactives because there are 21 in your alliance right now.

3) Save your sob-story for your internals because your arguments are rubbish. You're just envious that some good players in good alliances are taking your cities and are building more effective alliances than yours. From what I can see, there's only one person to blame for the downfall of == SeaL Elite ==: yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A little overkill there V0n :D what do you even say to that lol?

DeletedUser

Von - 1 Courage - 0. No offence courage, but you really set yourself up for that one. Seal Elite has many more characteristics of an MRA than Death Fibers by a long shot. My only qualm about Death Fibers is can we please get away from having death and black in an alliance name. We could use other words and synonyms for death, like purple perish, Red mortality, or breen deceased.

DeletedUser

I'd have to agree with Von on this one too. Your typical MRA recruitment letters(if they are sophisticated enough to send them) tend to look like this:

MRA recruit.JPG

DeletedUser

A little overkill there V0n :D what do you even say to that lol?
If I was him, I would reply that's bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!

You're absolutely right. I'm sorry everyone for making too many points and hogging all the fun. This thread was meant to go off-topic about what is a MRA, why is gold good or bad, why can't pigs fly, and why I like bacon, and why unicorns exist only in Grepolis forums.
Next time I'll just reply 'u noob' :D

DeletedUser

I notice Tbrew has started marathons 1st MRA or should I say MRAs cause everyone knows your not a true MRA without a academy alliance or offshoot. So big facepalm to Death Fiber and Death fibers.

Currently fighting less than 10 members of Seal Elite in ocean 45 now thats top lvl from a world with alliance limit of 90 so over 100 players attacking less than 10 MRA sadness at its best and of course showing the class of player.After his -all offensive stategy on Achilles while in TW SHADOWS,which resulted in meeting Superman10101 who wiped his armies on his walls and then let his alliance know,so in short TBREW got rimmed quit achilles and restarted here with a big spend up on gold we all remember that,Top player until nub protection wore off.So obviously TW SHADOWS didnt want to save him there.So here he is and in light of his merge or die tatics with Ultimate Dark Titans then merging in Army of Darkness,So he could have two alliances to fight for him this world.I wont even mention being pacted to every decent or bigger alliance around them another sign of MRA.

1. Never played Achilles
2. MRA? Hmmmmmm..... C'mon now Courage, we both know that's not true, now don't we?
3. Are you saying someone is fighting for me??? Check the BP list often, son?
4. Lets not talk about pacts...you and I both know you have more than triple the pacts that I do. I wouldn't call your agreements "pacts" though...we both know that your alliance should be considered one big refugee; you get into pacts to attempt to slow the taking of your cities.....yet, we still take them. Where can I buy your strategy book again?
5. Your alliance was doomed from the beginning; it's simply a leadership problem. That's nothing to be ashamed about. Once you can admit that you and your alliance belong to me, you'll be able to finally accept that you'd be better off in prison than in O45.
6. Your name would be more accurate if you just took "Courage" out of it....

Good day.

DeletedUser5589

At least Courage holds true, honour and fairness in this game, along with many from SeaL.
Unlike others with rich little daddies to pay for their sloppy conquests and using this to threaten others into doing their will!
The Bashar al-Assad of Marathon.

DeletedUser

I don't have much experience here but isn't this a war game? He should sent love letters to your alliance? Supose you'll lose in this world it means that you don't have the right to be successully in others from now on? It's really sad when someone don't now how to lose.
As for the player above - I spent money in this game too and I work hard for them. Is it against rules?

DeletedUser

Facism Reinvented

Ok, a few pointers:

1) The long-story short of it is a Mass-Recruiting Alliance or MRA is one that spams the world with invites and is usually led by noobs and thus pacted with everyone to avoid any conflict. Thankfully, most of them have been eradicated in the core. Death Fibers invited players from Carte Blanche, ARMY OF DARKNESS, Dark Titan Reserves, and Ultimate Dark Titans. Its just a massive merge by alliances that were fighting in Ocean 45; no one was spammed with invites who didn't already want to be a part of them. And their leadership is not noobish; they are pacted with alliances that fought the war with them. Did you fight the war? I didn't think so because your guys don't fight. If you consider them a MRA based on the size of the merge, you'd also consider The Southerners Reborn merge with Raise Your Weapon a MRA. And demz fightin wordz :p

2) Who are you to call out a MRA in Marathon? For starters, you have elite in your name although your alliance is far from it. You lead a simmer's alliance because out of 66 players, only 10 players ever attack anything. And when you finally do attack, can you take a city from a top 70 alliance? Hell no. The only alliance you guys took a city from was a venerial disease that no one should be touching.. Your recruiting skills are god-awful and completely irresponsible - which of these players will ever work together??? And finally, do you try to clean up your inactives because there are 21 in your alliance right now.

3) Save your sob-story for your internals because your arguments are rubbish. You're just envious that some good players in good alliances are taking your cities and are building more effective alliances than yours. From what I can see, there's only one person to blame for the downfall of == SeaL Elite ==: yourself.

Yes this is brilliant.

Deleted futile attempt at urging sportmanship....

DeletedUser

Deleted...as futile...

DeletedUser22423

Yes this is brilliant. Kill the game by turning all worlds into playgrounds for a few obsessed little boys, who attack anyone new or who isn't in their "club................

Lighten up Francis. This is a war game and if you were such a great strategist you would have made bigger friends and found a way to defend and keep a city. Even without gold and bigger friends there are ways for you to keep you city. I once had someone mention to me the same things that I just said to you and it angered me, but in the end they were right. I took a beating from a gold spending alliance and I had the same type of forum arguments with them, but the reality of it is that I learned a whole lot more about the game from their attacks than at any other point in the game. Now I play in another world where I don't use premium and also have no friends or allies. I am regularly under attack from one of the biggest alliances on that server, and while they have been unable to take any of my cities I have grown quicker from the attacks they send me. I am sure if you stick to the game and learn from your lessons you will come back stronger than before...or you could complain, quit, and never play again, in which case your enemy has done an effective job of weeding out the weak and developing a stronger core of players in this world.

DeletedUser

Yes this is brilliant. Kill the game by turning all worlds into playgrounds for a few obsessed little boys, who attack anyone new or who isn't in their "club." Spew hate speech against anyone who won't think like you or join your little club? Read history much? Perhaps you are inspired by the the yellow shirts, cambodian kimer rouge or racial purges of africa. All I see is the mentality behind purges and facism disguised as "game attitude." Literally you are advocating targeting and purging the weak just because you hate them. This disgusts me.

Hate speak against what effectively are new players is both poor sportsmanship and HORRIBLE for the makers of this game. It is nothing short of facism. It has made me ill to my core and I have as a result stopped actively playing the game. As we speak you are "reaming" the new players I was formerly protecting as best I could.

Yes you even use the language of rape and sadism that many racist purgers of eastern europe, africa, asia and everywere (yes americans killed and purged natives for the same causes). I am disgusted an leaving active play of the game forever.

This is sad for the game developers. I was a good customer. It should be sad for you, but as you salt the earth of your own playground I am sure you do not care that you are killing the free environment this company spends millions to make your you. You are a selfish little person with ego and self-esteem issues. You don't want weeks of equal and fun battles with constantly changing tactics. You just want to win with a spend at all costs and crush the enemy attitude. 100 to 1 resources get the job done? No problem.

I tried marathon after seeing the ads the game developers spent millions to fund, and what to I see? First I have a fun experience learning the game and winning my local one on one battles. I get invited to work together with a team. Help merge two to form a more effective team to dominate our ocean. Then I read these board and see posts like this (many weeks ago). I then observe the state of the game. I realize I can't even post freely my views. I see facism. I know if I type anything, the resources gained from exploiting a game flaw (which I never got to use by the way) by people who started before me will be used to crush me mercilessly. It is gross. Huge turn-off, as I am a world class strategist in the real world and loved the idea of the game and using my skills to see how they work in this one.

Among my first battles is one where I (in real time) discover a lone guy I had chatted with for fun is being attacked by the combined forces of 4 of the top 10 alliances in the game. Led by Tbrew, blue owl, and half the Army of Darkness, waves of attacks are coming at a lone unaligned player. It was pathetic in the extreme.

I had grown to like this guy (who actually is quite skilled in the game) and had just joined the top 100 by winning some local one on one battles. Since I had some resources I despised the situation and threw in all I had to help. Clearly taking on someone with equal chances was not in this group's credo. I helped him with support and enjoyed watching this team fail completely. Their skills are clearly not what they try to lead people to believe. This NEWBIE first timer enjoyed receiving battle report after battle report of 500 slinger type attacks die on the walls to our stacked defense with almost no losses. Initially this was fun and amusing.

However, the board soiled my fun. I realized the resources this group was willing to spend and observed their pathetic hate speech and reinvented form of facism. The use of money to just overwhelm small teams by combining over 100 players resources to attack these small groups, even sending spys, pretending to have pacts then attacking without provocation. No declaration of war or any honor. I appreciated groups like archangels a 10-20 player alliance holding them off for weeks, but they spend and spend and send wave after wave. They invent excuses, demonize the enemy with imagined slights and hate speech and I am sure pat themseves on the back in their forums.

No strategy, hate speech against new players (note the few posts in this forum...they try to inspire fear to discourage an open dialog) are par for the course. Their team sends arrogant messages with uber childish trash talk.

It makes me ill. Though I rose to top 50 in the world, I have quit. Likely forever. The tactics and attitude of this so called "winning team" reminds me of the bankers who caused the recent global financial crisis. Win at all cost; no honor; pathetic self-interested fascist behavior; celebrate your domination over the poor; no sportsmanship or handshake after the game leading to a brew at the pub with opponents. Likely you don't know how to have a drink with an opponent. Sad for you.

If the games leaders can't find a way to encourage battle with sportsmanship, balanced strategy and risk, then these worlds are doomed. People like myself, an ideal customer with income to support this game will never stay and play. So you will not beat the best, only those sad enough to tolerate such bad ethics and warped attitudes.

Peace.

I normally don't post much, but I couldn't pass this up. Thanks for all the laughs my friend. I hope that a world-class strategist like yourself will find more success in another server. Don't give up the game just yet!

C

DeletedUser

So whats the MRA gonna do at world wonder stage? seriously can they all build world wonders together holding hands playing ringa ringa rosey,Marathon is a shiz n giggles world to myself.Im just having fun.Come to pi and try me....opps no nubs allowed since we have built our wonders up.Not bad since it was two 30 man alliances dominated from day 1 against everyone.

what did one grepo player say to the other "did you hear about the MRA building a world wonder..."

reply "MRA actually making it to world wonders never been done before,good luck to em"

DeletedUser

Once you can admit that you and your alliance belong to me, you'll be able to finally accept that you'd be better off in prison than in O45.

I wont lower myself to your lvl but rest assured I have a very witty vocabulary.But dont need to insult others to make myself feel better.Its alright tho....Remember you were no1 sim city builder until nub protection wore off.so of course you have alot of bp but NOT NO1 rank.So I take it when the saying "A fool and his money are easily parted" they wrote that about you?

DeletedUser

Lighten up Francis. This is a war game and if you were such a great strategist you would have made bigger friends and found a way to defend and keep a city. Even without gold and bigger friends there are ways for you to keep you city. I once had someone mention to me the same things that I just said to you and it angered me, but in the end they were right. I took a beating from a gold spending alliance and I had the same type of forum arguments with them, but the reality of it is that I learned a whole lot more about the game from their attacks than at any other point in the game. Now I play in another world where I don't use premium and also have no friends or allies. I am regularly under attack from one of the biggest alliances on that server, and while they have been unable to take any of my cities I have grown quicker from the attacks they send me. I am sure if you stick to the game and learn from your lessons you will come back stronger than before...or you could complain, quit, and never play again, in which case your enemy has done an effective job of weeding out the weak and developing a stronger core of players in this world.

I knew people would suggest I "lighten up" or make fun of my comments.

Actually it is a fair call out. I am overly serious and that is another good reason for me to quit. The moral climate is actually only the third most important reason.

Also, it is quite true that people rarely experience self-awareness via a on-line forum. My hope to encourage a more civil climate, especially by those who are looked up to and admired by the kids (YOU), is just that...likely a vain hope.

I just ask that you think a bit about the culture you are creating and what you want your legacy of Marathon to be. At some time the game will be over and all you will have will be your own actions to think about.

I don't care about losing the game, and yes I realize I might have gained access to a stronger team. (deleted a bit that gave away game info...bad idea for friends still playing, I can say that both my offensive and defensive stats show good efficiency ratios).

All I can add is that mental states evolve slowly. I had a former colleague start chatting on line, thinking his slipping morals about sex were simply good fun, later end up in federal prison for pursuing what he may have thought was an under age person. He claims he thought is was all play. He is rotting in prison.

In terms of defending myself as a world class strategist, I have worked for over 20 years with the #1 and #2 firms (7 at one, 8 at another). They have flown me to Sydney (5 months), Tokyo (3 years), London, Rome, Mexico City, Amsterdam, and many other places to advise the CEO's of Fortune 100 companies, so yeah I guess it inflated my ego a bit. I can play games now and don't have to work if I don't want to.

I explore many on line games as my current business community provides a lot of the infrastructure and understanding how people behave on line is one of the keys to the future of our planet. I wish the energy of this game was focused on creating sustainable economic wealth, but that is another discussion (and something people are working on...crowd sourcing and the like).

I respect you both and was hoping to shock you a bit into maybe a little more civility? But perhaps that is less fun for you? If so that is a sign of some corruption of your values. This game stimulates a hell of a lot of Dopamine, and if you don't understand how that effects your brain, you play the game at your own risk. Read up on gamblers and the mental processes of your brain chemistry. Compulsive behavior has serious chemistry behind it and manipulation of our learning center and how dopamine rewards accomplishments of a goal are how the gambling companies create habits that continue a certain set of activities....it is scary stuff (a bit).

Peace again

P.S. Don't think by my post that I support the bit of taunting initiated by the original poster. That is not so nice either. I realize some of you folks enjoy the taunting. Perhaps you should PM each other though.

DeletedUser

@"Courage"underfire

id really love to see you try and back these words up in game...

DeletedUser

Actually it is a fair call out. I am overly serious and that is another good reason for me to quit. The moral climate is actually only the third most important reason.

Also, it is quite true that people rarely experience self-awareness via a on-line forum. My hope to encourage a more civil climate, especially by those who are looked up to and admired by the kids (YOU), is just that...likely a vain hope.

I just ask that you think a bit about the culture you are creating and what you want your legacy of Marathon to be. At some time the game will be over and all you will have will be your own actions to think about.

I don't care about losing the game, and yes I realize I might have gained access to a stronger team. (deleted a bit that gave away game info...bad idea for friends still playing, I can say that both my offensive and defensive stats show good efficiency ratios).

All I can add is that mental states evolve slowly. I had a former colleague start chatting on line, thinking his slipping morals about sex were simply good fun, later end up in federal prison for pursuing what he may have thought was an under age person. He claims he thought is was all play. He is rotting in prison.

In terms of defending myself as a world class strategist, I have worked for over 20 years with the #1 and #2 firms (7 at one, 8 at another). They have flown me to Sydney (5 months), Tokyo (3 years), London, Rome, Mexico City, Amsterdam, and many other places to advise the CEO's of Fortune 100 companies, so yeah I guess it inflated my ego a bit. I can play games now and don't have to work if I don't want to.

I explore many on line games as my current business community provides a lot of the infrastructure and understanding how people behave on line is one of the keys to the future of our planet. I wish the energy of this game was focused on creating sustainable economic wealth, but that is another discussion (and something people are working on...crowd sourcing and the like).

I respect you both and was hoping to shock you a bit into maybe a little more civility? But perhaps that is less fun for you? If so that is a sign of some corruption of your values. This game stimulates a hell of a lot of Dopamine, and if you don't understand how that effects your brain, you play the game at your own risk. Read up on gamblers and the mental processes of your brain chemistry. Compulsive behavior has serious chemistry behind it and manipulation of our learning center and how dopamine rewards accomplishments of a goal are how the gambling companies create habits that continue a certain set of activities....it is scary stuff (a bit).

Peace again

P.S. Don't think by my post that I support the bit of taunting initiated by the original poster. That is not so nice either. I realize some of you folks enjoy the taunting. Perhaps you should PM each other though.

So...I may not be a world-class strategist, but I'm not a complete moron (all the time). But I'm still confused on one point. I thought you had stated that you were taking the moral high-ground and quitting the game. However, your latest post leads me to believe that you are still rather active in Marathon. Please enlighten me with you in-game status. It might aid me in understanding your posts further. I'd hate to see such an active player leave the game. In fact, it would be pretty cool to see you attempt to open up a can of whoop-*** on the moral-less filth that are currently at the top of the rankings. Who knows, Marathon might end up being an epic battle of good versus evil.

Cheers mate

C

DeletedUser22423

Peace again

I couldn't stop laughing at this. I was only teasing you slightly while trying to give you some good advice. But since this was so funny and you appear to be in the habit of deleting your old post as you are unwilling to let you words stand as you lay them, I made sure to quote you here so we can all continue to see it even after you delete it.

DeletedUser

Bah haha haha! I'm happy to hear that you use the same strategy I do, quote the post so it is kept for posterity reasons. We don't want this goodness erased later on. Rep'd!

C

Status
Not open for further replies.