Marathons first MRA-Death fiber/Death fibers -

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Bah haha haha! I'm happy to hear that you use the same strategy I do, quote the post so it is kept for posterity reasons. We don't want this goodness erased later on. Rep'd!

C

It is not that I don't stand by my words, but that I felt they didn't need to stand for all the world to see and should have been direct messages to the players I felt encourage "hate speech" against new players.

I see this hate speech as destructive to the game. While a trash talker tends to think the bravado makes them look tough, it actually diminishes their stature for most readers. Some players I had admired in game greatly for their good organizational skills, I admire less now.

None of the simplistic replies to the post address the core point. LOL's and "this made me laugh" ....brilliant. I am impressed.

Yes I decided to make a few last minute in-game futile gestures. True I might even be encouraged to get active a bit again after my vacation. I will be way behind by then and no longer the #1 in my Ocean, but that was fading anyway. My time is done, unless I choose to play "Judas" in the game.

It was fun and I agree with many points you guys made. Good thinkers recognize truth and acknowledge it. Weak thinkers always believe they are right and defend fundamentally indefensible points.

People play for fun, true, but when you eliminate new player then smear {deleted} on their face for fun, you are intentionally ending what was weeks of effort and may just be opening a door to road rage or a parallel action in real life. Watch yourselves...

It was just futile to post in the forums, I agree, why pick a silly fight when I am more or less stopping being active anyway. Good points.

DeletedUser

Brilliant

It's just a game...

Great addition to the dialog. I assume you are asking me to "lighten up," which I already agreed is fair.

Seems to me that many use that reason as an excuse for poor behavior hidden behind the cowardly mask of "play names." For me it would be great if everyone had to register and use their real names. i would expect that would clean up the trash quite a bit.

Don't get me wrong. I think my opponents are 95% honorable and I harbor no ill will. I greatly respect those that play under their own name or who make their identities known and I have already given my real name and email to many in the game. I feel fully accountable for my actions and words, including the somewhat cowardly move of going vacation mode at a key time. I really am going to a family wedding though for 3 weeks.

Enjoy and have fun, but also remember their are sensitive children playing this game. Your words may impact a child more than you know in terms of their ethics and view of the world. Sure the trash talk adds some flavor. Support it as long as there are some limits and internal editing going on.

Cheers.

P.S. Been reading up on other world posts to better understand culture of Grepolis. I agree that I need to infuse a filter on my interpretation of dialog. Chill pill inserted.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know, I just honestly read all this. I usually don't read long posts. I am not here to read books others write on a game forum. I study social informatics, so I wanted to put in my two meaningless cents. :p

I find it interesting that people go to such great lengths to defend their positions in a game; that has no real significance to the real world. They inflate, polish, and try to display and sell themselves like jewelers display and sell diamonds. All in a game that is full of people you will never meet; one that is full of people who have serious social or life issues (not everyone, but there are a fair share.) Ultimately, in the end, doesn't matter. (Heck, even I'm guilty of doing this, then I look back at it and think how nuts I was.) Man, people get really worked up about nothing. In 3-7 years; the game won't exist; and only a micro-amount of people will have any clue what it ever was. Yet, people take it so seriously...

It is like watching reality T.V. except you can play a part if you want. From the outside it looks crazy; from the inside people are so intense they cannot see how things really appear.

DeletedUser

You know, I just honestly read all this. I usually don't read long posts. I am not here to read books others write on a game forum. I study social informatics, so I wanted to put in my two meaningless cents. :p

I find it interesting that people go to such great lengths to defend their positions in a game; that has no real significance to the real world. They inflate, polish, and try to display and sell themselves like jewelers display and sell diamonds. All in a game that is full of people you will never meet; one that is full of people who have serious social or life issues (not everyone, but there are a fair share.) Ultimately, in the end, doesn't matter. (Heck, even I'm guilty of doing this, then I look back at it and think how nuts I was.) Man, people get really worked up about nothing. In 3-7 years; the game won't exist; and only a micro-amount of people will have any clue what it ever was. Yet, people take it so seriously...

It is like watching reality T.V. except you can play a part if you want. From the outside it looks crazy; from the inside people are so intense they cannot see how things really appear.

I don't fully agree. As an adult, the dialog will do little to impact me personally, however this game is also played by children. Based on my play style I have had several (obviously) kids reach out to me for advice and help. Treating them horribly is not a good thing.

DeletedUser

Talk about taking a post an entire different direction then it was meant. This really is just a post on individual responsibility and human behavior and the choices we make. It had nothing to do with the specific content of your messages or what you were trying to convey but instead the general methodology that presents itself time and time again on internet forums. When you get published I will write about the specific content of your message; until then I am just making general statements.

I believe if you simply lead by example, instead of trying to convince others to change into something they aren't you are going to get a lot further then the "My credential and life history, all the things I see wrong and why, and now I will tell you how everyone should act" forum post approach that few people bother to read.

Either way I am done with this rant. I've said plenty more then I probably should have.

DeletedUser

Wow talk about off topic... MRA to ... im not even sure what we are talking about now.

So much for a game forum. Sounds more a group psychology project gone wrong.

What were we talking about. Propagandist dispute if someone was an MRA or not right?

DeletedUser

Talk about taking a post an entire different direction then it was meant. This really is just a post on individual responsibility and human behavior and the choices we make. It had nothing to do with the specific content of your messages or what you were trying to convey but instead the general methodology that presents itself time and time again on internet forums. When you get published I will write about the specific content of your message; until then I am just making general statements.

I believe if you simply lead by example, instead of trying to convince others to change into something they aren't you are going to get a lot further then the "My credential and life history, all the things I see wrong and why, and now I will tell you how everyone should act" forum post approach that few people bother to read.

Either way I am done with this rant. I've said plenty more then I probably should have.

I think we are in agreement and I will keep my posts brief from now on. Yes. The addictive game has pulled me back in. Something about investments of time being hard to let go of.

In terms of hate speech against MRAs or other topics like civil dialog, I think I have made my points and people with maturity can behave per their inner conscience. Those who fit the clinical definition of psychopath (many are very functional) will continue to pursue their selfish ends...

Peace (or war).

DeletedUser

Plus there needs to be a little poking back and forth. Thats why we have PnP posts; and thats why there is a PnP tag that is supposed to be on some posts. It basically says "hey political and propaganda battering going on here; beware of drama and people picking on each other."

There is a point when its too much though. Threatening or dissing on someone's family; religion; cussing... there is just a point. That's when you know people are getting too worked up about a silly game. That is why these things are against the Terms of Service. It's just a game.

I find it interesting how people want to be on top and flaunt it to the world. Almost no one in the world has any clue what they mean. You accomplish nothing significant in life playing grep. And it basically says is: you have no life, trouble having a real life social life, spend all your free time obsessed in a game, and are more worried about accomplishing something in the game then accomplishing something real. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being good, getting awards, and playing the game; even obsessively. I have the same problems I am accusing others. I am just saying; some people do take it way too far. Its just a game; nothing more. A fun game yes, but still just a game.

DeletedUser

PS - Im done with my rant - 100% - shall we go back to talking about *zombie walks* MuuuurRrrrrrAaaahhhhs? (Its a disease, can't help it; consumes the weak.)

Personally, I've found the best alliances are those with 30-50 members and who constantly rotate out the bottom 20%-33% of under performers. Set a cap and stick with it. But thats just my thoughts.

DeletedUser

New update people: Eclipse now truly is an alliance family. Total Eclipse was just created, making a third alliance.
Go rant at me all you want, but personally I haven't heard a louder "I wanna be a MRA!" scream of war.

DeletedUser

theyve got nothing to do with us... so fail for trying Yokhen.

Nothing screams "We arent good enough as we are" than undergoing a merge.... (see how two can play this game ;) )

DeletedUser18983

Actually 2 can't play at this game. Make up all the stuff you want Aiolis but Yokhen is right.

DeletedUser

Nothing screams "We arent good enough as we are" than undergoing a merge.... (see how two can play this game ;) )

Nothing screams "We can't fight by ourselves" by begging me to declare war on RYW so we can make it a 2 front war. The merge was nothing but expanding on what we already had, we would have been perfectly fine without it but we decided to better ourselves and so did Rouge Bullz.

DeletedUser

Ajax, i know you cant resist me; you have been doing a great job stalking me lately ;)

DeletedUser

Nothing screams "We can't fight by ourselves" by begging me to declare war on RYW so we can make it a 2 front war. The merge was nothing but expanding on what we already had, we would have been perfectly fine without it but we decided to better ourselves and so did Rouge Bullz.

Why would anyone want to declare war on RYW? Astounds me. RYW is such a peaceful alliance.

C

DeletedUser

lol well RYW hasn't crossed us yet so I am content with keeping the peace many more targets :D

DeletedUser

WOW Really?? That is really cool. Alright. I'll definitely keep that in mind man, thanks for the information. Those phony ones surely claim to be part of the Eclipse Unified Alliances or simply put, the Eclipse Family. But now that I know that you don't back them up in any way, I suppose it's all good.

Total Eclipse said:
This grepolis alliance is part of Eclipse Unified Alliances. As such it does not act independantly. For any issue, may it be related to pacts, naps, war or anything else, please relate to Solar Eclipse.

Only local recruitement can be send to Alexander 48
Note that any attack or recruiment effort in this or any other Eclipse Unified Alliances, is a declaration of war !

About the alliance :

“We make war that we may live in peace.”

Attributed to Aristotle

An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep.

Attributed to Alexander The Great

Status
Not open for further replies.