Beginner March Revolutions Discussion

DeletedUser4013

RevolutionCompetitionForumImage.jpg

Now that the Revolution has begun fellow comrades, please use this decadent capitalist form of communication to discuss the Revolution. Viva La Revolucion!

DeletedUser

Err, for the Signature, why is 700x120 a rule?

And, the other contest is a LP contest?

DeletedUser4013

For the SOTM the 700x120 rule is a reminder of the max size, I'll edit the post to make the clearer. Not sure what you mean by 'LP Contest', but I wanted to allow you guys more freedom in creating something for a competition on here based on a theme.

DeletedUser

LP ~ Large(r) Piece.

Something larger than a tag, generally the separation runs around 500x500 for a minimum size.

DeletedUser4013

Well I've allowed you the maximum image size for these forums in order to accomplish just that. :)

DeletedUser

OO you are advanced. :p
Maybe not as advanced as the professional GFX artists but certainly the highest level on this forum.

DeletedUser

You know that Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced thing is somewhat relative...
We are classing ourselves compared to the art skill that there is in this forum or according to the skill that exists throughout the graphics world?

DeletedUser

You know that Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced thing is somewhat relative...
We are classing ourselves compared to the art skill that there is in this forum or according to the skill that exists throughout the graphics world?

this forum i think.

ben told me everyone here is a beginner is you compare this to the whole GFX world.

DeletedUser

I would class myself as a beginner just because I have only been creating stuff for a couple of weeks or so.

Anyone have any thoughts on the actual theme?

DeletedUser

Damn what's the hell with this theme?
I try to find something decent to do about it for the past 1 hour and there is nothing i can find...:eek:

DeletedUser12571

Damn what's the hell with this theme?
I try to find something decent to do about it for the past 1 hour and there is nothing i can find...:eek:

The best LP or sig based on this theme would in most cases be a photograph.

DeletedUser

The best LP or sig based on this theme would in most cases be a photograph.

I don't intend on participating in the sig competition(too small size),I search for the LP one...
But if you just take a photograph and add text well that's not an entry...except if you are so damn good at image manipulating so that you can blend scattered images together nicely...(btw I'm not referring to you I'm talking in general:))

DeletedUser12571

I don't intend on participating in the sig competition(too small size),I search for the LP one...
But if you just take a photograph and add text well that's not an entry...except if you are so damn good at image manipulating so that you can blend scattered images together nicely...(btw I'm not referring to you I'm talking in general:))

Haha.

And I wasn't saying that's what people should do, just that the revolt theme suits photography more than general image effects etc.

DeletedUser

Looking at those tags kinda made me depressed :) I think the levels should be definitely relative to the standards in the forum. Maybe by looking at how long people have been involved with making this sort of art and deciding a certain limit.

e.g.
0-4 months --> Beginner
4-12 months --> Intermediate
12+ months --> Advanced

As for the theme it is quite complicated. I've tried making something for the LP but I'm not sure how it turned out so I will continue tweaking until I think it looks right.

DeletedUser

Well I found something and I'm gonna go with that...
Hope it works out...