Answered Marketplace question

DeletedUser55229

Can anyone explain to me why when I am in the marketplace and try to use gold to get resources, it always states that I do not have enough gold, even though I have more than enough.

DeletedUser31385

Can anyone explain to me why when I am in the marketplace and try to use gold to get resources, it always states that I do not have enough gold, even though I have more than enough.
Did you purchase all of the gold or was some of it acquired in-game?

DeletedUser55229

Most has been bought but I did acquire some before my original city was conquered.

DeletedUser55229

The acquired gold is a small amount but I have over 18000 gold coins but when I try to trade gold for silver or stone, I get the message that I do not have enough gold.

DeletedUser54192

How long ago did you buy the gold? I don't buy gold myself, but I do know that if you buy gold using your credit card, you have to wait 60 days before you can trade with it on the market. (Notice can be seen in the top right corner of this image.)

Screenshot_1125.png

Ranga1

Strategos
Any acquired gold cant be used in gold trading.

If you acquire gold through gold trading you can most certainly use that gold to buy resources straight away. If you buy gold you usually have to wait a certain period of time for it to "clear" (as per above post) before you can use it to buy resources.

DeletedUser46395

If you acquire gold through gold trading you can most certainly use that gold to buy resources straight away. If you buy gold you usually have to wait a certain period of time for it to "clear" (as per above post) before you can use it to buy resources.
In all fairness, I think Fig is talking about gold acquired through quests or by inviting people rather than through trading. Still, that's generally much less important than traded gold, so your point is broadly correct.

DeletedUser31385

In all fairness, I think Fig is talking about gold acquired through quests or by inviting people rather than through trading. Still, that's generally much less important than traded gold, so your point is broadly correct.

Ya, I probably should have been more clear as to what I meant by acquired gold. In my mind I categorized gold as acquired gold, traded gold, and purchased gold.

Im going to change the wiki wording a little. Acquired gold implies any gold bought or obtained can be used.