Inactive Topic Marketplace / split it up

DeletedUser21774

Suggestion Type: Marketplace functionality
Idea: Inside the Market - Have gold trading or Resource Trading
Brief Description of Idea:When you click on the marketplace, have a decision tree. If people want to give or get gold have them go to one market (Financial market). If they do NOT want to give or get gold, send them to the Resource Market.

Reason: Last many times I have gone to the market, there were over 100 pages of gold trading within 1 hour travel time. When I wanted to trade non-gold, NOTHING that I needed was on offer. This is probably due to the gold trading taking over all the marketing. Restores the original functionality of the market, and makes it easier for gold traders to follow those trades.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21774

B. Improvement Format

Proposal
When you click on the marketplace, have a decision tree. If people want to give or get gold have them go to one market (Financial market). If they do NOT want to give or get gold, send them to the Resource Market.

Reason - Explain why you think this is either a necessary or enhancing addition to the game.

Last many times I have gone to the market, there were over 100 pages of gold trading within 1 hour travel time.

Problem - When I wanted to trade non-gold, NOTHING that I needed was on offer.

Solution - Restores the original functionality of the market, and makes it easier for gold traders to follow those trades.

Details
Click on Marketplace. There are two trees:
I. Gold/Resources ========================== II. Resources for Resources

Balance/Abuse Prevention
This suggestion does NOT lend itself to abuse. If anything, it restores balance and functionality of the game.

DeletedUser21774

You can already filter out Gold trades, so I can't see any benefit to anyone of this?
Because it's an additional filter. You might want to filter out gold so you can see non-gold trades. But then you might want to further filter, like in the old days.

The suggestion implies that people can 1) filter gold up front and THEN see what only the resource market holds. 2) Post their trades for resources only and see where it stands in the scheme of things without wasting precious seconds refiltering after every edit to refine.

It also allows for the psychological opportunity cost of using the marketplace. People who are unfamiliar with the game are less likely to use a marketplace feature that has a non-golding feature that is not intuitively apparent. When you see new players commenting "market place" is a useless button, I don't want to spend inordinate amounts of time tutoring players one by one on how to make a work around to find their trades on rural internet.

DeletedUser21774

ATM the marketplace could be labelled 'gold store'. Question is whether to bring back the real market for the player that the game is being originally marketed to.