Martial Arts.

DeletedUser

This is for people who do martial arts to disuss styles, concepts and experiances. For the sake of arguement- any sport bassed around combat is a martial art- so wrestling is alowed.

I'll start, I do Jeet Kune Do, I am yellow belt (the second grade after red and beltless) and have been doing it for 7 months. I begin cross training at aikido and muay thai in the new year.

DeletedUser

I practice in the backyard art of Broni <--- if thats what it's called) kicking.

Now but in all seriousness, i do kickboxing. My major inspiration is Anderson the Spider Silva, of UFC

DeletedUser

Never done kickboxing but from what I understand it's fairly power based.

DeletedUser

:D A friend of mine broke her knee when she was teaching a nine year old how to do a kick and they just randomly kicked her on the knee.

DeletedUser

Back in high school I did karate for 4 years. I forgot what style it was. I also did kempo (full contact martial art) for 6 months when I was in Japan.

DeletedUser

When I was living in Japan I practiced Kyudo (japanese archery) and Iaido (art of unsheathing blade). my friend wanted me to join the Tennen Rishin-ryū kenjutsu with him but I just didn't feel it.

DeletedUser

Weapon based arts? :eek: I really want to do one, but cost strikes again...
We do some Escrima stuff in our JKD classes, but it never goes further than knife or Ratan Sticks. They're more practical things to learn, but Iaido looks interesting from the demonstrations I've seen.

DeletedUser24914

I do karate. My style is shorei goju ryu. I'm a black belt and have been in it for about 3 years.

DeletedUser

I practice in the backyard art of Broni <--- if thats what it's called) kicking.

Now but in all seriousness, i do kickboxing. My major inspiration is Anderson the Spider Silva, of UFC

BYB, Anderson Silva pratices Muay Thai and Taekwondo, not kickboxing.

This week i will start to train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in my school. But for me the best martial art is the Krav Maga, i mean, a martial art created to kill nazis and used by the modern israeli army should be respected.
That's too bad that the nearest Krav Maga school is in São Paulo, that is 300km away from my city. :(

DeletedUser

Weapon based arts? :eek: I really want to do one, but cost strikes again...
We do some Escrima stuff in our JKD classes, but it never goes further than knife or Ratan Sticks. They're more practical things to learn, but Iaido looks interesting from the demonstrations I've seen.

something tells me you've never had some of your bones busted with a dulled blade or a wooden one, trust me it hurts like hell. plus swords aren't really that expensive depending on the quality you want. here's a link to site for weapons that I use for when I need something but low on cash, just need to sharpen the stuff when you get it....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seeing a sword costing 15 bucks make me feels sick of seeing sowrds costing at least 125 dollars in my country :[

DeletedUser

it's for people short on cash to bad they don't deliver internationally:(