Masters of Athens

DeletedUser21774

I do not know how to post any fancy graphics.

The alliance Triad just snuck into MORC's 6th city 2 days ago, and held it with 36k biremes and similarly stacked land. The remaining active MORC players hit it with everything they had, but the strength was such that a full LS nuke took down less than 30 biremes.

Today, with MORC stuck in the doldrums, Triad marched into city #7, holding easily against a much weaker force.

If they manage to accelerate their wonders (thanks to all the favors spells) first, they will be Masters of Athens.

DeletedUser22708

Indeed, btw the total bireme support amounted up to 65k biremes coming from 4 alliances

DeletedUser21774

THAT... I find astounding. No wonder. One of the players that quit, TruDani, had the mathematics of all that stuff figured out. He talked almost like an actuary. Some type of power factor or other.

DeletedUser

65k biremes was an unbreakable siege!

Triad have run an impressive campaign to be on the brink of getting the 7 Wonder medal, well deserved.

Interesting to think how it would have turned out if MORC hadn't been declared Winners of Athens 9 months ago, and had fought on at full strength!?

DeletedUser37643

7 WW's completed vs 4 WW's completed.... 7 wins over 4 in my book any day

DeletedUser22590

here we go again.

I just have to say this:

The CS bug that devastated Band of Brothers, is in fact very real. No matter what MoRC wants to think or believe, it happened. The first time we knew it was a glitch, but not many had the proof. The second time it happened, we had screenshots, reports, evidence.

I found out over my tenure in Triad, that it happened to Triad as well, multiple times.

---:(:(----:heh::heh:---:Angry::Angry:---:supermad::supermad:---(SW)(SW)

Yes, MoRC had higher numbers. Yes, your structures went up very rapidly. But you never suffered the CS bug, meaning you never lost millions of your resources to a glitch in the game. This happened on more than one occasion, and MoRC still says that we are making this entire scenario up out of thin air.

----:pro::pro:---:pro::pro:---:pro::pro:----:pro::pro::pro::pro:

You won your achievement on a silver platter, at an Innogame's dinner party. Congratulations.

We made the Decision to fight it out to the end. Here we are.
Salute/
--Triad

DeletedUser22590

players with 80+ cities can have a bir count of 8k on their own if they are smart players. how many players exist with more than 100 cities? 130 cities?

Obviously 65k is not unfathomable for one alliance at this stage in a server....

DeletedUser

The "CS bug" made little difference to the outcome. MORC completed the Wonders in one of the fastest times seen in any World.
After that around 60% of our winning team decided to leave as the World was won.
9 months later Triad complete 7 Wonders.
No great surprise !

If Victory had required 7 Wonders, half our team would not have decided to leave, and I expect we would have gone on to complete the 7 Wonders. But this was not required.

In memory of my fine allies who DID win Athens, I wont let others try to rewrite history and claim their victory.

MORC crossed the finishing line first, therefore MORC won.
MORC members have a Grepolis profile saying they won Athens, not Triad.
MORC members received the Athens Victory Diploma, not Triad.
Grepolis announced MORC as winners of Athens, not Triad.
MORC are in the Grepolis Hall of Fame as victors in Athens, not Triad.

It can't really get any clearer than that, no matter how much denial you may be in, or how much you try to rewrite history !

DeletedUser22708

players with 80+ cities can have a bir count of 8k on their own if they are smart players. how many players exist with more than 100 cities? 130 cities?

Obviously 65k is not unfathomable for one alliance at this stage in a server....

Omni, i don't see anyone in this thread saying we don't believe the bug didn't existed, that issue was clarified months ago.
But to say you're responsible for the 65k biremes in that siege is a bit too much for me. Because it's 65k biremes in the siege and around 15K biremes for each blocked wonder city plus around 3 to 4k biremes in some of Triad's flea cities plus the big amount of long term support biremes in O45. I find it very hard to believe this all came from one alliance. And btw, Lord Longshanks saw quite a bit of SunTzu support in the siege as well as support from ATTT and Vengeance

DeletedUser22708

So the least you can do is name the allies who helped you get the 7 wonder victory instead of saying that Triad did it on their own.
cheers mate

DeletedUser40752

Omni, i don't see anyone in this thread saying we don't believe the bug didn't existed, that issue was clarified months ago.
But to say you're responsible for the 65k biremes in that siege is a bit too much for me. Because it's 65k biremes in the siege and around 15K biremes for each blocked wonder city plus around 3 to 4k biremes in some of Triad's flea cities plus the big amount of long term support biremes in O45. I find it very hard to believe this all came from one alliance. And btw, Lord Longshanks saw quite a bit of SunTzu support in the siege as well as support from ATTT and Vengeance
By the time any non-Triad help arrived, there were approx 25k Birimes. This would have been more than sufficiant to hold, however I did put a call out to some friends I had met along this long road. I knew you were gonna throw everything once we landed, but that call only went out once we had landed and a mm was also sent to non-council Triad members. We realised we had made mistakes on the previous week plus also an additional 10k birimes became available due my friends lappy having broke down the previous week. We individually pulled non-essential support and ensured we had enough. I would estimate the make-up of the 65k to be 55k Triad and 9k Sun Tzu and 1k other. I dont remember seeing any ATTT, but I could be mistaken. Apologies to ATTT members if you did send, I didnt contact you guys to join the feast. In fact, had I contacted all our allies, I reckon I could have doubled that number, but 10 mins after landing, not only did I know we had enough, I knew it would be a slaughter. I guess you made too many enemies along the way for your own good eh? But like I say, it made no difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40752

65k biremes was an unbreakable siege!

Triad have run an impressive campaign to be on the brink of getting the 7 Wonder medal, well deserved.

Interesting to think how it would have turned out if MORC hadn't been declared Winners of Athens 9 months ago, and had fought on at full strength!?
Interesting hypothetical point Leo, but had Imperium and Triad not been fighting each other prior to the start of the WW I wonder if things might have been different.

DeletedUser2595

So the least you can do is name the allies who helped you get the 7 wonder victory instead of saying that Triad did it on their own.
cheers mate

Digi, I can confirm that the majority of brims was from Triad. We also mailed about 5/6 players in suntzu and glorious to send brims if they wanted to after we landed. Not really the whole of their alliance. We didn't mail ATTT but I guess they could have found out somehow. I know of 3 members of triad who sent at least 10k brims so thst is 30k straight off. If we had another 10 players sending 3k which is perfectly reasonable considering I know who sent nd rough amounts they had available that's 60k. 65k including 5-10k from the other 5/6players we mailed is easy. It just takes some organisation and people who are willing to help the alliance.

But yes, triad would like to thsnk our friends in the other alliances who assisted with brims. You know who you are. :)

DeletedUser22847

Still here digi? lol, for a ghosted guy who let down his alliance your very active. They wouldnt have lost if you stayed.
But you have the insolence to post here words like you are a better man, accept that you failed and that someone did a better job than you.
Yes we have allies, so do you. The biremes there were 90% ours, doesnt matter anyway. We learned from the first try and made sure we had enough if we went again, so everyone who knew mobilized everything he had available. We didnt need the allied biremes but we are glad we have people that sent.

You guys sit here and make up excuses to feel better instead of go further. There s people in your alliance that deserve the crown and i personally wouldnt mind inviting them.
Like kdaroks, nikazar and others, many did a good job in morc. There s others that might have sneaked into the 7 wonders award, and others that dont deserve getting one, but thats how it works sometimes.
For my part, its amazing that Triad, always outnumbered, climbed up to this here, which is not over yet, but i doubt you have any chance left. Triad has an awesome group. Been in many games, hard to get a group like that. Salute to everybody.

Leonidas you should listen to other people sometimes. You re not the only with a brain. We dont care about what morc got, we got a better one, the one we deserved in the first place. And we certainly dont need to hear about past glories, its Triad finally winning now, even though u used all your efforts to block that win, not trying to win yourselves but just blocking ours.

DeletedUser

Congrats to Triad on blocking our WW, good strategy and great execution. Well deserved! It has been fun fighting against you guys for the last who knows how long.

DeletedUser22708

Yes i'm still here mister phoneapp, keeping a regular check as i can't deny that i've spent almost 2 years on this server and i still have a lot of friends there. I did congratulate you guys in the other thread, i just said it wasn't on your own that you did it.

For my part, its amazing that Triad, always outnumbered, climbed up to this here, which is not over yet, but i doubt you have any chance left. Triad has an awesome group. Been in many games, hard to get a group like that. Salute to everybody.
Always outnumbered? If i recall the top 2 and top 3 alliance merged and then to pact with the top 4 alliance and a couple of small ones. MoRC was outnumbered since the ww era began.

Now to the point, credit is deserved where credit is due, you guys did an excellent job building up those fleas in our home oceans while taking our fleas in O35, some of MORC's fighting spirit left after the victory of the 4 ww's and they did their best to stand their ground. I'd like to congratulate djrlol, fcum1 and macros for their dedication as well, if i had known Fcum1 would have played such an important role later in the game i would have moved to O34 instead of O45 months ago haha

DeletedUser

We dont care about what morc got, we got a better one, the one we deserved in the first place. And we certainly dont need to hear about past glories, its Triad finally winning now, even though u used all your efforts to block that win, not trying to win yourselves but just blocking ours. ~ Valkeneth

Valkeneth, this is just becoming silly. The makers of Grepolis themselves (they should know !!!) define the Winners as those who complete 4 Wonders first during the peak of the worlds activity. This is hard to do when there are 4000+ active players !

The second prize is the 7 Wonders, which in Athens is due when there are only a tenth of the active players, so is much easier (specially with so many inactive cities to grab after the Winners have left).

So clearly, MORC got the better prize.

And this is easily provable, ... the makers of Grepolis declare it all over the place ! Here it is on the ingame profile screen of MORC members, and on the Winners document given to members of MORC, and in the Grepolis world winners announcements:
Proof_zps679ad5e2.gif

This is absolute, and irrefutable proof of MORC's win in Athens. There are no equivalents for Triad.

I'm not knocking Triad. You ran an excellent campaign to complete the world and pick up the Second place, that is an achievement. But you should at least have the grace to recognise the winners, its very poor sportsmanship to try to claim victory when others got there first ! Specially after the majority of the Winners have long since packed up their kit, and left the game so aren't here to reject your false claim ! Show some sportsmanship, and at least recognise this, as we recognise your excellent closing campaign.

DeletedUser23542

Yes Leo, you got he 4 wonders. Congratulations, you guy's did an awesome job in building them UP

But you saying that that is harder...i would like to disagree. When your building the first 4 wonderes, it's all a mass thing. You had the bodies to send more resources to wonders than anyone else as you outnumbered everyone. So yes, you built those 4 wonders very fast. If the bug hadn't been there we would have destroyed those plans aswell, and you know it.

Building and taking all 7 wonders is a trenchwarfare act. Everyone has loads of cities nad stacking them high as heaven. This makes conquests and atleast taking over an active players wonder alot harder than building up wonders when nobody is fighting due to the resource race. And saying you had alot of players fall of, that is true. But so did we !

We all want the crown on our profile, the 7 wonders. The master of athens award. Period

DeletedUser

Its actually easier to get the 7 (and the Grepolis makers agree, hence the awards given to MORC for 4 !), because of the number of players who leave after the World is won.

This leaves many inactive cities which can be used as invasion sites to break Wonders, which is exactly what happened. After MORC's win, we reduced our activity, I know many who used to check their accounts in the middle of the night before we won, but didn't bother after ... which again made it a lot easier to break our Wonders AFTER we'd won.

Still I credit Triad for exploiting the gaps AFTER we took our foot off the gas, but it was a lot harder to do so BEFORE !

DeletedUser11165

Alot of interesting points raised in this thread and the other thread, and the differing tactics used over the course. It still saddens me that some people did indeed quit after the 4 wonders, that a server bug played such a role was sickening but the bigger shame was you had numbers on you side then and may very well of been impossible to stop with the level of support you could of mustered but who knows as I said back then you guys showed a remarkable ability to build as fast as you did and it was pity some of those simmers didn't help you slug it out for both awards.

We stayed for the fight making some great friends and enemies along the way. You guys choose to stack your wonders with land defense so we built heavy land nukes; when we took Gardens I named it Operation Mel Gibson afterall we were attacking "Long Shanks" anyway we went through over 10k+ LU to take that with walls and tower, on the flip side we choose no Walls and pure land nukes for 90% of our WW which freed up a huge amount of support for us to use elsewhere.

Leo; you, dukes etc gave me a few good sieges, but you focused far too much on the cities we set up next door to your world wonder and left entire islands that we carefully choose for their distance from your world wonder alone for us to build up and after while I didn't even support those cities as you never once hit them. On a side note leo when you retook the Pyramids you did exceptionally well and deserved it, 300+ attacks that day was a steller effort I had one snipe that should of worked but the sheer number of attacks over loaded the server again I guess hence my congratulations.

Digi, you showed remarkable tenacity fighting in 35 as you did. Ghosting was not the way to go you could of lost a few cities and retreated gracefully with your head held high but as many found out and as we discussed we had a very tight set up in 35 which allowed alot of pressure to be applied on enemies; poor Xander when I worked out on sims he didn't have premium bonus I kept banging on to attack him over and over as we would kill your support much easier.

KD, your a star as is Nika although he needs to stop letting Ludi log his account. Fara, one day your up next day you threatening thunder but as a player your top draw.

As for the past few days, our first siege on Gardens I must say well played I was not expecting the level of Light Ship that was sent, I had a large chunk of support in one of our guys who was away for 36 hours and we had another 2 players away for the operation. The second time on Longshanks we had a smaller window but everyone was on an ready there was over 20 of us in on that operation but we made no mistakes recalling support leaving us weaker elsewhere. ST sent a small amount of biremes as they did on the first siege but they nearly made the difference on Calidris, 48 minutes left so without democracy they would of mattered. On Longshanks as I said we made no mistakes but you can be sure they were over 90% our biremes.

Poor Willow I am sorry I had been planning for your return for awhile and what was once done to me on Delta I decided would work very well on you, I'm sure logging in to 500 odd attacks was rather rude welcome back.

An amazing server this has been, I am still saddened by the loss of Cobra (kyle)he did not deserve what happened. To have such an array of Friends, Allies and Enemies together was remarkable and I hope to see many of you again on new fields.

To my friends in Triad, I love and Salute you all.

See you at the end of my spears

Dj