Masters of Athens

DeletedUser23542

Wow, if we get 2nd in Pella that would exceed Triad's 2nd in Athens !!!
We're a distant third in Pella ... we started several months late there (just after we won Athens in fact !).
Having said that ronnie, I started 6 weeks after you there, but seem to have acquired 34% more cities than you already, so theres always hope !
;)

Even though i hardly play that world..ive noticed i had twice the BP that you do lol..simming your cities along :D

DeletedUser2595

Apparently, any number of alliances can win the Crowns in Athens !?
So if Triad win them, and see a drop off in players like MORC did, then any MORC die-hards can carry on fighting.
If they eventually break Triad's 7 Wonders and rebuild their own, then MORC will also get the Crowns !

So ... which is more valuable !? The Winners award that goes to one alliance, and only one alliance.
Or the 7 Wonders award, which can go to any number of alliances !
In World Epsilon ... SEVEN alliances won the crowns !

Thats the final nail in the coffin for the idea that the Crowns are a uniquely special award.
:D

Leon, if it's such a non-important award why do you guys want it so desperately? I think that achieveing this award against an alliance that was still fighting so desperately to keep its wonders to prevent us building all 7 does make it special. Whereas if you guy wait untill all of Triad leave to then build your 7 WW's that's a pretty easy achievement. A bit different dont you think?

Btw, we always knew that more than 1 alliance could get crown. We didn't care so long as we could get it first and prove that we could break all 4 of your fully built wonders AND hold on to 7 of our own.

What's more impressive? Building 4 wonders quickly by simming and spamming resources OR breaking another alliances (that is larger than you) 4 wonders that they are defending to the hilt and then holding on to 7 of your own?

I think the 2nd one might just edge it, but i'm sure you'll disagree. Matter of personal opinion i'm sure. As for "well grepo call 4 wonders the win" - that's only because they knew that all 7 wonders wouldn't get built in all worlds, not because it is a special magic number.

DeletedUser22708

What's more impressive? Building 4 wonders quickly by simming and spamming resources OR breaking another alliances (that is larger than you)

both are accomplishments i'd say. But you always say we outnumbered you, but as soon as the ww era started it was Triad and BoB and ATTT (even you had a nap with these guys) vs us which eventually turned out you guys outnumbered us coming from multiple oceans and then SunTzu tagged a long. And then don't forget you guys had Heroes Of Olympus to send resources to your ww's

With our pact with Scorpions you might say the numbers were pretty even, so i don't think we outnumbered you guys

DeletedUser2595

HoO never sent Resources to our WW. I know that because I was dealing with them. We asked if they could, but they never actually did it.

DeletedUser

Leon, if it's such a non-important award why do you guys want it so desperately? I think that achieveing this award against an alliance that was still fighting so desperately to keep its wonders to prevent us building all 7 does make it special. Whereas if you guy wait untill all of Triad leave to then build your 7 WW's that's a pretty easy achievement. A bit different dont you think?

I never said its not important, 2nd place in Athens IS important ! (just not as important as 1st place !)

Interesting that you think its our resistance that makes it special, so if we had all given up after our victory would it be worthless ?

Perhaps we will wait 9 months until half of you quit to get our 7 WW, in the same way that you have waited 9 months until half of us quit to get it.

That just reinforces the value of the Victors award, nobody else will ever get that, and everybody was here fighting for it ! (4000+ players, not just the 400+ diehards we have now)
:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2595

Leo, we're still fighting exactly the same people now that we were 9 months ago (minus digi on his original account ofc). All you lost was the simmers that sent the res to your WW's so that you could build them up quickly. You only started losing other players when we started breaking your WW's. T%he same people are actually fighting for the wonders, just less people simming the res for it now.

But yes, if we had been able to just walk into 7 WW's it would have meant alot less, if not nothing to me getting that crown.

I'd just like to say, i'm not disputing that MoRC won the first to 4 wonders award, which gives them the title Victor of Athens. I posted my congratulations to you when you did that and said well done. I'm disputing your apparent belief leo that the Title Master of Athens is a nothing award. It is still an impressive achievement.

DeletedUser

I'm disputing your apparent belief leo that the Title Master of Athens is a nothing award. It is still an impressive achievement.~ SH101

Thats unreasonable, I have already said its important...

I never said its not important, 2nd place in Athens IS important ! (just not as important as 1st place !) ~Leonidas Agiad

But I dont like the unsporting revisionism that some Triad members are trying to undertake, that is like this !

Usain_zpsc19af54a.jpg

DeletedUser2595

Sorry mate, that analogy doesn't work.

Yeah, we came second in the race to the 'victor' award. But we won the race to the 'master' award. Kind of like coming 2nd in 100m but winning the 10,000.

Just cos Usain won the 100m doesn't mean he can claim his gold medal is worth more than mo farrahs

DeletedUser

The basic fault is Innogames'. On the one hand they define World victory as the first to get 4 Wonders.
But then they have a secondary award that opens the door for some to claim theres an ambiguity.

Still, the fact that the Winners of Athens are declared on Grepolis's public forum as MoRC, and that MORC members have been given their Winners document ... that really should be enough to end the argument ! But there is such a desperate urge to salvage something for all the hours of effort, then its easy to see why Denial is such a problem for Triad members.

DeletedUser2595

I dont see anyone claiming Triad are the overall winners of Athens - I know i'm not. We're saying we won the Masters of Athens award. Yes, you won the first to 4 wonders, which is an arbritary number set by inno as the victor number because they couldn't see many alliances building all 7.

Yes, MoRC are the Victors of Athens - you have that award. Triad will be the Masters of Athens - We will have that award (assuming you guys dont break a wonder in next day or two)

We're not in denial that MoRC are innogames 'official Victors of Athens'. You appear to be in denial that Triad will be innogames 'official Masters of Athens'...

DeletedUser

The argument is over the ranking of the 2 awards.

I accept Triad will probably be the first to 7 WW's (though there may be others later), but it seems obvious that those who achieve the official Victory conditions of the Athens 'game' are ranked 1st, and any subsequent award (valuable as it may be), is ranked 2nd.

Triad seem to be trying to overturn the ranking of the games official Victory conditions ! Which is absurd.

DeletedUser2595

Does the fact that Innogames thought that getting all 7 wonders would be too hard to make it an effective 'victory condition' not give the achievement of 7 wonders an equal footing with building 4 when the world was more active?

Both are impressive achievements in their own way. I personally think they rank about equally in difficulty, they each require different tactics. 4 WW's in an active world requires massive resource transferral to build quickly. 7 WW's requires staying power and alot more fighting while you can build them up over a longer time with a lower resource transferral. At least it has in my experience.

DeletedUser21774

Does the fact that Innogames thought that getting all 7 wonders would be too hard to make it an effective 'victory condition' not give the achievement of 7 wonders an equal footing with building 4 when the world was more active?

Sprinters versus Marathoners.

DeletedUser

This is getting sort of silly. MORC won the award building 4 WW, Triad won the crown, pure and simple, which is more important depends on prospective. Personally, I doubt I will stay in Athens after Triad won crown, it seems pointless to get "crown" award when all enemies leave the server.

DeletedUser

This is exactly what I'm getting at !!!
You are trying to redefine Innogames thinking to suit your circumstances.
Innogames do NOT put these two awards on equal footing, they declare the first-to-4 as the Winners of the world.

DeletedUser2595

Leo, I'm assuming you dont bother reading anything that explains what I wrote. If it makes you feel any better, read what fara wrote. That is my basic point. And it wasn't written by a Triad player so you can keep your warm happy glow.

To keep it basic:
1. Yes, MoRC have the Victors of the world achievement. Meaning they Won Athens according to Inno's official rules. Everyone has agreed this but you keep dragging it up saying we're disputing for it. For the last time, WE ARE NOT.
2. Triad will, assuming nothing goes wrong, have the Masters of the World Achievement. Meaning they built all 7 wonders.
3. While this means MoRC won the world, we believe that this shows a level of achievement, tenacity and skill that is on a par with winning the 4 wonder award.
4. This does not mean Triad are claiming winners of the world.
5. This does mean that Triad thinks the crown is an important award.
6. This is an opinion - people are allowed them.

DeletedUser11165

I must agree with Fara this arguement is becoming redundant, for me winning seven wonders by breaking yours, holding ours all the while fighting scorps in the south and one of the best groups of fighters I have encountered in the ex brotherhood team was a massive achievement for us.

As you say leo you agree perhaps Inno should change the condition of victory at some point but just as you celebrated your four wonders we are celebrating breaking all yours.

I will simply salute my allies, foes and fallen comrades again

DeletedUser

It was indeed a great achievement, and an excellent campaign !
Triad were probably the strongest runners-up of any Grepolis world !