Passed Maximum Building Levels - New Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
It's very simple: If any building is upgraded to its highest level, it will once more get a new skin, hence look different.

Reason:
As it is only mildly improving the visual aspects of the game and not necessary at all, the only reason I can give is, that to players who like the game mainly because of the "levelling" (and perfectionists..), this would be a nice "reward".

Details:
As it is now, most buildings get a new skin at two caps (e.g. Senate: with lvl 8 and lvl 16). The idea is, that if you reach the highest building-lvl (Senate: 25), the building gets a new look, that looks even more exquisit. People who alredy maxed their buildings should automatically get the new skin (by relogging if necessary).

Visual Aids:
As I'm not a very good Fotoshopper, I'll leave this to the pros.. but if you require an example-idea anyway, I'm sure, I can work something out.. ;)

Balance:
As this is only visual, the impact on the gameplay will be minimal.. (maybe a bit more motivation the admins will have to react to.. :cool:)

Abuse Prevention:
Not necessary, as I see it..

Summary:
As this is a very small idea with hardly any impact on the gameplay, I'd see, why people wouldn't think it necessary. But on the other hand, the effort to establish this would be rather small as well, and I think, it would be nice, if there would be a kind of "final look" of your city that you can look and work forward to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17088

Not really an idea that i can see anything wrong with, I suppose max levelled buildings would look cool with yet another appearance

DeletedUser

OK but what about guys that already maxed out the levels?How will they get the new skins will it be automatically done?

DeletedUser17088

It should automatically update the graphics if the idea is passed and the Devs like the idea

DeletedUser

I think this should be moved to minor. while I feel that this could encourage simming I like the idea, it is simple and would give us something more to look at as some cities look so similar.

DeletedUser

It would be nice with some visual aids. I understand that it isn't easy to do it, but maybe someone with an artistic streak can help out?

DeletedUser2950

I like it. It seems that buildings should get a new look once they are "finished".

DeletedUser

I agree with the cat. But then it would not hurt gameplay and just a little touch to the look of citys.

DeletedUser

If the point whores want their city to look more "prettiful" they can have it. It won't hurt gameplay and it would be good to impliment.

DeletedUser18366

Would be good but my big city is in revolt so I don't know how it can help me after the CS lands and knocks me out :p

DeletedUser2795

I don't know how it could help me even if I did have a larger city.

DeletedUser

I think it would be cool, but yeah really not necessary. But it would be cool

DeletedUser

To all who need to point out, that it is unnecessary (and only that), alredy said so in the opening post, thank you.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, it wouldn't do much to the game itself, although I do wish that you could make some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.