Mega Merger

DeletedUser

Lets see if we can get this forums active again.

(SW) What do you think about this merger of IB and TVBC?

DeletedUser38400

This idea of the merge has started i think from the beggining of the IGB and EMBorTV.So a really old idea, and it finnaly has happend.This world is over i think already, The Basterds have woned it, with the smart playing , and a good tactic.I think the most interesting were the DeB wars , and AAB wars too

DeletedUser27700

I don't know that anyone not in the Basterd Alliances comes here, so this may be a one sided discussion.

DeletedUser

I don't know that anyone not in the Basterd Alliances comes here, so this may be a one sided discussion.

Are you talking about the forums or the server in the whole.:p

So how did this mega merger come forward and you shed a light on its background?

DeletedUser

People spoke about an idea, people put the idea forward to others, people agreed on the idea and then people implemented the idea ;)

DeletedUser

I got a guess. People were like "man this whole fair fight thing kinda sucks, we have to play offense and defense." Then their brain started spinning and they said, "hey i got an idea, how about this, if we see a decent alliance we'll convince them to join with us so we don't have to fight them.".... but of course this didn't catch right away. One guy says "well that sounds like a good idea, but won't we have too many players for one alliance?".... "No man, most of the guys will just sim or get so bored they just never log in again, this will cut down on our size"

So then the cowards from most of the top alliances all joined into one fat blob of cowards, who managed to keep one or two good players around to do the fighting for them. The End.

Starring panzies such as: The Coalition, New Model Army, Hawklords, Electismus, and the IB congloberate.

DeletedUser27700

Are you talking about the forums or the server in the whole.:p

So how did this mega merger come forward and you shed a light on its background?

A long time ago, poopstan (TVB) had a chat with yaface (IB) about this. Basically they have had a truly successful pact for a long time now, and this is the end result. They have been equal partners the whole time, and there is a plan in place to make all this work.

The Group will in fact win Ithaca, and we will get the crown that the group deserves.

DeletedUser

I got a guess. People were like "man this whole fair fight thing kinda sucks, we have to play offense and defense." Then their brain started spinning and they said, "hey i got an idea, how about this, if we see a decent alliance we'll convince them to join with us so we don't have to fight them.".... but of course this didn't catch right away. One guy says "well that sounds like a good idea, but won't we have too many players for one alliance?".... "No man, most of the guys will just sim or get so bored they just never log in again, this will cut down on our size"

So then the cowards from most of the top alliances all joined into one fat blob of cowards, who managed to keep one or two good players around to do the fighting for them. The End.

Starring panzies such as: The Coalition, New Model Army, Hawklords, Electismus, and the IB congloberate.

If its is that easy why dont you try it. Try to get all the other fighter that are left behind and start a war.

You see its not that easy to trust someone else instead of you in this game. The merger and its effect have left many unsatisfied on both sides oh the alliance but If its has been done than all congratulations to its creator for pulling off one of the greatest coup in this server. Hope to hell it holds and finish the game. Personally i would love to see more battles to come.

DeletedUser38400

dash , you are really wrong.This whole merge idea was old like 6-7 months.I remmember when i had 2 cities and jointe EMB, the council said that we are going to merge with IB , 2-3 months before the WW era.We would never fight , TVB and IB, were almost 1 alliance the whole time, and now we are just doing what we wanted to do long time ago, and its now your problem that such a strong alliance as DeB and AAB were destroyed by us, (and we were much weaker than).So dont think that this merge thing was planned 1 or 2 weeks ago, its a long long idea.

DeletedUser

You misunderstand, my disgust is not with the idea of IB/TVB working together as a close knit team to win the world, that's what this game is all about. Where i find it disgraceful is the fact that they kept making deals with others so they didn't have to fight them to win. In my opinion NMA had the best chance to stand up to IB and give them a good fight, instead IB merged them into the mix and most of the NMA players quit out of boredom. The Coalition fell under attack for a week from TVB and then merged in because they couldn't take it. And then Hawklord Electismus even gets invited to the party. Not to even mention the deals they've made with LoH and Skiis for crying out loud.

What started out as a good idea turned into a complete joke and ruined this server. It took all the competition out. I love how IB will gloat about how they beat anyone they came up against, but the fact is they won battles through sheer numbers, not skill.

DeletedUser

Dash, its not like IB forced other alliances into merging. NMA, TVB, HE and TC merged into IB because they wanted to do so. I dont see any harm when both parties agree into merging.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You misunderstand, my disgust is not with the idea of IB/TVB working together as a close knit team to win the world, that's what this game is all about. Where i find it disgraceful is the fact that they kept making deals with others so they didn't have to fight them to win. In my opinion NMA had the best chance to stand up to IB and give them a good fight, instead IB merged them into the mix and most of the NMA players quit out of boredom. The Coalition fell under attack for a week from TVB and then merged in because they couldn't take it. And then Hawklord Electismus even gets invited to the party. Not to even mention the deals they've made with LoH and Skiis for crying out loud.

What started out as a good idea turned into a complete joke and ruined this server. It took all the competition out. I love how IB will gloat about how they beat anyone they came up against, but the fact is they won battles through sheer numbers, not skill.

Let take you statement sentence by sentance. I am not aware of NMA situation so i will not comment on it.

The coalition It started out as a war from what you say and it went on for a week. So they did attack and it was than that tvb merged right. If you do not understand this than you are missing the essence of this game. Its as much as a war game as it is a Political game. You have to understand it and that is y this game is different from all the other game we play. Because Human being and its psychology plays a big part in shapeing this game. If IB/TVC wanted all the top players in this than they could have just made a deal with DeB members too. That would have cut this server up long ago. But it did not happen.

TVBC took on WP and I was part of those operations. Those were the best attacking game I have ever seen. The amount of time it took for the leaders to set up each and every op was nothing short of phenomenal. I did not see it anywhere else. It kept all the players interested. They did get offers to merge again or take some players in Some top players but they refused. Hell I lost some of my good friends there but that is what it is. I shouted in forums that if we could take 1-2 big players from WP than we could control the Ocean quiet easily. But they refused and even than we took an ocean in matter of months if not weeks.

As to taking out competition its took guts, determination to stay on a path and brilliant planning to take it out. I am sure if Deb had won its war against IB-TVB the situation would have been reversed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28076

Dash,
I am agree with you,you right...It's not fair but It isn't a fair game.If you want a fair game,you have to play another game(no mean disrespect).
And you are wrong about NMA merging to IB.I can't say anything about TVB or HE or others.You played like me in Baris with ST4 and had contact with them.So you know what happens.
The NMA ST4 top players(one of the best elite team in Ithaca ever) left Ithaca before the merge not because of it.Fisrt I wasn't happy with merging to IB and I planned to stop Ithaca for good,even told Polimades to find new ower from NMA members for my cities but after few weeks,I saw it's really worked out.I think after what happens in NMA(an internal matter don't want to talk about it here),the merging was the best solution Dan Gleebitz and rest NMA council found.
And the last thing,making a merge like this is really wonder.You guys in WP all were experience players and it didn't work out and now divided to too many alliance,merging 4 top major alliance with top,majors and minors player to something like new IB ,that's a really really big job.Well done.

I respect you Dash,you are a top player in Ithaca, but those you said are excuses.Remember when you and Zimmerli and few other left NMA.You were NMA players in our west side and NMA's left flank ,you joined DxB and then supported WS attack at NMA.Was it fair that time???

DeletedUser

coalitions are made and broken that's the nature of the game
I was in 3 different alliances and made my way up through working hard and seeing who was best placed to win the world then joining them.
Rengades then NMA now IB Its not all about fighting its about tactics, brain over brawn that's what won this world and well done to the leadership that worked hard on it and put it together
attacking everyone doesn't mean that you win. Attacking at the right time does.
maybe you should have been concentrating on alliances yourself mate and not just attacking everyone

DeletedUser24285

The truth is that NMA had a choice - we could have sided with DeB or IB. But by then our attack was directed towards DeB (having just gone through Republica) and it would have been very difficult to turn it around to face IB. As the strategist at the time, I had to advise siding with IB - yes it was the least interesting option but given our troop dispositions it was the most logical.

DeletedUser

Looks like the fightback has started. the core finally is now fully active. Lots of activity going on.

DeletedUser27700

War is good. BP are flowing finally :)
O57 has probably been the most boring ocean since sumachoi was taken out.

Last edited:

DeletedUser38652

Let take you statement sentence by sentance. I am not aware of NMA situation so i will not comment on it.

The coalition It started out as a war from what you say and it went on for a week. So they did attack and it was than that tvb merged right. If you do not understand this than you are missing the essence of this game. Its as much as a war game as it is a Political game. You have to understand it and that is y this game is different from all the other game we play. Because Human being and its psychology plays a big part in shapeing this game. If IB/TVC wanted all the top players in this than they could have just made a deal with DeB members too. That would have cut this server up long ago. But it did not happen.

TVBC took on WP and I was part of those operations. Those were the best attacking game I have ever seen. The amount of time it took for the leaders to set up each and every op was nothing short of phenomenal. I did not see it anywhere else. It kept all the players interested. They did get offers to merge again or take some players in Some top players but they refused. Hell I lost some of my good friends there but that is what it is. I shouted in forums that if we could take 1-2 big players from WP than we could control the Ocean quiet easily. But they refused and even than we took an ocean in matter of months if not weeks.

As to taking out competition its took guts, determination to stay on a path and brilliant planning to take it out. I am sure if Deb had won its war against IB-TVB the situation would have been reversed.

DeB was fool enough to go with war with TVB.. They could have won

DeletedUser

Dash is kind of right here.

First, good job to whoever the diplomats and whatnot were among the many alliances including IB and TVB. I think everyone knew they were going to merge from the start, it was just collecting all of the other alliances helped even more. Looks like a few of your loyal member during the whole process ended up getting screwed, but again, congrats and well done. But as Dash said, or at least what I took from it, IB never really had a fair fight. Literally. At least during my active time, every war I can think of which involved IB/TVB, they either severely outnumbered or ganged up on the opponent. It seemed they did everything they could to get everyone on their side instead of being able to fight. Which, again, nice job to your diplomats. While I'm on the topic, could one of you provide me a war example where you didn't have to completely outnumber the opponent? How do you think this strategy would work out in a world, say, with a 50 member alliance cap? I imagine it'd be a lot harder to convince so many people that they'd one day be able to merge with you.