Mega Merger

DeletedUser

I would have really liked to have seen how NMA would have turned out if they didn't merge. From what I saw they never really went to war with anyone except for Republica, who wasn't any good anyway and was also being taken out by deb. Also, how did HE end up merging with IB? They were awful.

DeletedUser38400

mate, this is a game, i would like too see , what would happen if the DeB vs IB/TVB have won the war.Very diffrent then situation, you would than see many IB/TVB players leaving the game, same what happened to DeB and others

DeletedUser

so you have the ability to throw out apples and oranges and point out the obvious. okay. i was just stating that i would have liked to see how they panned out because they seemed like a really good alliance but then merged before i got to see anything out of them.

DeletedUser38400

sorry mate, i understand what you mean, i didnt express myself good.This server had many good alliances, but always some changes, and that is what keeps the game moving forward.

DeletedUser

haha well anyway good job to you all. hopefully i'll gain interest in this game again at some point and play in a different world.

DeletedUser

Also, how did HE end up merging with IB? They were awful.
I dont know what was so awful about them, they got outnumbered and outgunned in the core to start. They relocated rather than being quitters, now they have some of the bigger members of the server and many other loyal active staying members which I could say is a lot better than most here. With good diplomatic relations and coordinated team work, they proved themselves. Grepo is a staying game not a quitters game.

Also if this server had a 50 member alliance cap I doubt half the alliances and players would still exist here, with all the drama that players here like to cause it would have destroyed even the smaller alliances. Otherwise there would just be multiple branches of alliances and more and more PACTS which no one likes in war games ;)

DeletedUser27700

I agree. Certain top 5 alliances would not be around without pacts, dozens and dozens of pacts. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I dont know what was so awful about them, they got outnumbered and outgunned in the core to start. They relocated rather than being quitters, now they have some of the bigger members of the server and many other loyal active staying members which I could say is a lot better than most here. With good diplomatic relations and coordinated team work, they proved themselves. Grepo is a staying game not a quitters game.

Also if this server had a 50 member alliance cap I doubt half the alliances and players would still exist here, with all the drama that players here like to cause it would have destroyed even the smaller alliances. Otherwise there would just be multiple branches of alliances and more and more PACTS which no one likes in war games ;)

Actually they outnumbered us 100+ to ~40 when they were Rev and the other multitude of names they had. There were a few good members though like you, erik and the phonoi. Once their main threat was gone they had no problem growing though

DeletedUser

The issues with numbers is it dosnt take into activity or playability, as ReV we had numbers but lack of activity and participation. Had to many simmers playing there own game, not deserving of an alliance.
Thats were Erik and The Phonoi did well with HE, they lost all the dead weight and started out again in the north with good active team players. Stricter rules that helped allow the growth you see in players today, along with good diplomatic relationship that formed with other alliances from this.
ReV was also stuck in a hard place back then with DA turning there backs and going to DeB it left us open on all four sides, Republica in 53 was the only allies we had that actually would back it up but they were in the similar position with good numbers but lack of activity and team players. Along with players deserting them/us or feeding intel to the enemy. Any plans that were made were leaked before even getting confirmed.

Oh how the server has changed over the months gone ;)

DeletedUser

thats the beauty of this server. Things change preety fast here, Faster than you can think sometimes. Its good thing, Frustrating most of the times but good anyway. Learn a lot from it.

Also it has became kind of predictable and upsetting playing in the server with attacks all coming in huge bunches and defenders defending with more than 10000 troops behind walls. BP hunting is becoming increasingly costly but we are gaining cities all the same.

DeletedUser29255

Reading through this whole discussion just makes me laugh. The human perseption is quite the beast. I guess the saying "the victors write history" is true. It seems that many of the non-victors are remembering this world really differently than I am. The idea about a fair fight has ambiguity no matter how you look at it. Is it fair that you are retired and can be on the game 20 hours a day? Is it fair that you have excess funds to spend on gold? People overlook those aspects of the game. The fact is IB is made up of many professionals that can't be on all the time and chose the path of vicory through persuation and brute force should not stain our victory. No one is discounting the abilities of many of our eneimes and I for one respect how difficult they were in the midst of such overweleming odds.

My point is we won. Its not the way that our enemies would have wanted to win but why does it matter. Also who have we screwed over? We have kept our promises to NMA, TVBC, and HE. Have we always agreed? No!!! But unlike our enemies we always find common ground and move forward.

Those DEB members that constantly call us bullies seem to forget the early days of Ithaca when DeB made pacts with anyone that was a threats and was picking off 1 enemy at a time. We were just the first major alliance to stand up to them. Did we have numbers in that endevor? Not really. When that war stated NMA did not particiapte and it was IGB/TVC vs DeB and TC and the numbers were equal. Also, if you remember correctly everyone was shocked at how well we did against DeB. Alll you great players need to learn that this is not just a war game and much like real war politics will rule the day.

I just don't understand why all these people hated how we were playing so much but stuck around.

DeletedUser

You forgot about an alliance Dash - Global Domini. A fairly unsuccessful alliance up until it was taken up by better leadership. Though considering that the council of the Basterds has 3 of it's members, including myself (inner-council) - they certainly deserve mention.

I recall the days when you and 5 other guys attacked me for almost 2 weeks, me with my whopping 9 cities and you guys with 5 players at least three times my size. First, let me congratulate you on taking my city, it was the only I lost without permission - but what you guys didn't know, was that I was working for IGB by that time. Protecting people from DeB's onslaught while gathering some very interesting jewels of information about the next enemy - DeB. When we spoke during that conflict, I told you I wasn't who you thought I was and that you were messing with the wrong guy. So I take great pleasure in this one jab - because I did indeed come by my promise to ensure you and your guys would never see the win. Maybe next time you will take people's words into account before you take their appearance at face value.

See, you had picked on the little guy, but you didn't notice the small print - for example the main body of GD already merging into IGB.. or the ladder I had built to get my way down south. This is also a game of perception, not just diplomacy and war - and your failed perception ultimately cost you the game. We parked tons of biremes on my "ladder" and I escaped into the south with all of DeB's information. 3 weeks later, I was planning ops to destroy DeB. Btw, we were totally outnumbered and we kicked your guy's teeth in - I believe you were capable of taking a single city from us to the hundreds we took from you. That was the foreshadowing of the times to come, and again - you failed to perceive this and it cost you.

So when WP broke off from DeB, and we offered peace to you? Why did you guys break the agreement multiple times before the document was signed? Not to mention, you even dragged TVBC into the war by attacking them.

Then out of a move straight out of the junior handbook of strategy, your alliance went full turtle without even thinking twice about it. This was where you lost. When your strategy is solely about holding what you own, rather than gaining territory from the enemy - even the textbook tells you that your options are to fight smart or to surrender. You guys did neither, you hid in holes and hoped we stepped over you as we tore you apart with massively designed global operations.

So perception, war, and diplomacy are the keys to victory. You can cry about it, but it was your destiny to fail.

As for the mergers:

Alliances chose to merge with IGB because of three reasons - they were proven in war, fearless, and because we consistently stood by our word.

Even to that end, your group actually contained more alliance than ours did - you guys basically screwed over a good 6 or 7 alliances and dragged them all along for the ride - you had Revo, NMA, DA, DeB, TNA, Rowdy and his guys, Wild Spirit.. notice that there's more alliances there than in ours. It's just quality over quantity.

As for the question on HE - we needed a northern presence during the DeB war, we did business with HE, they proved their word and we of IGB stood by ours.

Skiis was just a NAP, but unlike you guys, we offered them their peaceful independence.. because that's all they really wanted, and much like during your entire career your join or die mentality failed you.

All that being said, I can't wait for your response.. addled with embellishments and lies - heck, why don't you mass mail some more negative propaganda to our entire alliance - I mean look how good that worked out for you guys. It was the sole issue that made us give Del a chance.. and we all know how that went down.

Zimm and his guys can eat it, answering to honor from those without it makes me feel dirty. You screwed over anyone you could to be on top, and it put you on the bottom where you guys enjoy feeding. You used spies, then called us cheaters for doing the same thing back.

As for the Berserkers and their group, I wish you all the best in the future - it was a pleasure doing battle with you. Even the exchange I had with Travis, I hope you read this, and know that I actually think you're a good guy.. I just couldn't let you sit there and talk about how things were going to go like you knew.. when I was in fact the one who had all of the cards.

DeletedUser

A long time ago, poopstan (TVB) had a chat with yaface (IB) about this. Basically they have had a truly successful pact for a long time now, and this is the end result. They have been equal partners the whole time, and there is a plan in place to make all this work.

The Group will in fact win Ithaca, and we will get the crown that the group deserves.

Yeah, it actually started before that. Rowdy and I swore the Basterds (TVBC and IGB) would be together until the end. That was way back on 5/30/2012. I'm still going through my messages but I had floated the idea of a merger to NMA sometime around then as well but nothing materialized at that point. It wasn't until some of the founding leaders of NMA had to quit and or take time off that Dan Gleebitz approached us again about suggesting to his guys that they merge with us because we appeared to be the most stable alliance at the time and he felt we were trustworthy.

When the three alliances first discussed the topic (separately) and our bonds were strengthening, none of us were ranked higher than #3 in the world.

So they did attack and it was than that tvb merged right. If you do not understand this than you are missing the essence of this game. Its as much as a war game as it is a Political game. You have to understand it and that is y this game is different from all the other game we play. Because Human being and its psychology plays a big part in shapeing this game.

Exactly

The truth is that NMA had a choice - we could have sided with DeB or IB. But by then our attack was directed towards DeB (having just gone through Republica) and it would have been very difficult to turn it around to face IB. As the strategist at the time, I had to advise siding with IB - yes it was the least interesting option but given our troop dispositions it was the most logical.

IGB had the same problem, because of our long-term mutual trust we weren't set up for a war on our northern border, like NMA it would have taken a while to retool. Our focus was expanding west.

But as Dash said, or at least what I took from it, IB never really had a fair fight. Literally. At least during my active time, every war I can think of which involved IB/TVB, they either severely outnumbered or ganged up on the opponent. It seemed they did everything they could to get everyone on their side instead of being able to fight. Which, again, nice job to your diplomats. While I'm on the topic, could one of you provide me a war example where you didn't have to completely outnumber the opponent?

I'm not sure about the wars prior to AAB except that IGB's early size was a bit deceptive we were really two alliances (one in O-55/O-65) and a second in (O-75) so the wars we fought then were against different Opponents. I was an O-75 guy along with snowseow, Karas, Sig, gestoner, yaface, and pearcecs among others. We were the #3 alliance in O-75 and defeated the #2 and then #1 alliances there before the two alliances finally grew together. Pearcecs was pretty superior tactically and our guys were quite active and determined.

Face and oneangeldies made some good points, we started off fairly even with you guys size-wise in the war. Also keep in mind having 150 players isn't easy, that's 150 people to please, 150+ people to plan Opps for, 150 potential spies, and 150 people to look out for. We had to become more corporate in structure to handle it. That takes a lot of time, planning, and know-how.

But again, if we were smart enough to figure out things diplomatically, from a leadership continuity standpoint, as well as militarily, the argument is a moot point.

And Mazz ran one heck of a WW plan. We were gearing up a good two months ahead and implemented his game plan incredibly quickly and effectively. From what I understand no-one in previous worlds did the 4/7 or 7/7 as quickly as IGB. Also, my hat's off to Dan Gleebitz as well who got the ball rolling and started the initial planning along with a few others.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"The Coalition" - Setting the Record Straight

I got a guess. People were like "man this whole fair fight thing kinda sucks, we have to play offense and defense." Then their brain started spinning and they said, "hey i got an idea, how about this, if we see a decent alliance we'll convince them to join with us so we don't have to fight them.".... but of course this didn't catch right away. One guy says "well that sounds like a good idea, but won't we have too many players for one alliance?".... "No man, most of the guys will just sim or get so bored they just never log in again, this will cut down on our size"

So then the cowards from most of the top alliances all joined into one fat blob of cowards, who managed to keep one or two good players around to do the fighting for them. The End.

Starring panzies such as: The Coalition, New Model Army, Hawklords, Electismus, and the IB congloberate.

I founded TC (The Coalition) along with the top core of Grimm Sleepers. Everyone forgets but it was our group of 10-15 guys that held off DEB at their peak (Cyprus & gang), Dark Anarchy, AAB and even TVB during our 1st war. Final score there: 12-8. Then after we started TC and the world war started, we took on TVB by ourselves to give DEB room to take on IB-NMA combined. Unfortunately, their sheer inefficiency had us defending DEB cities & taking TVB ones at the same. We were the #4 alliance to TVBs #2, and the conquest scores there were 24-2. This was in one week.

The decision to cease the war, and entertain merge was almost a month apart. Ending the war was obvious, we were not DEBs keeper, and we were getting exhausted holding both. TNA, the 3rd part of this axis, was a joke. After ceasefire, we conquered a few smaller alliance till we owned O45, O35, O46 & O36. Then DEB split into WP & other remnants. WPs aggressive stance in O35 & rumors of peace with IB caused us to face a possibility of a 3 front war: WP in north, IB in NE, TVB in West. Hence the strategic decision was to merge or be annihilated by one or all three. I made the call to merge, and even to this day, a big chunk of IB-TVBCs victories were b/c of the elite of my old crew (ktomicic, whitepit, fabulusbestus, xilu, nomadic, storarus, and too many others to mention). If anyone doubts, feel free to ask poopstan how they did.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Funny how nothing really changed from when i stopped playing to the end of the game, credit to the people who played to the end of the world there was never going to be anything else happen when 95% of the top players were in either TVBC or IB. Wish i had stayed and got a crown....