Mercenary For Hire

DeletedUser

This is NOT an alliance!

We are players who have NO allegence to anyone or any cause.

If you or your alliance is attacked by a Mercenary then it is because somebody hired him/her to do so.

Do NOT try for any diplomatic terms for we have no diplomacy nor leaders to be diplomatic with.

We are NOT united together in any way, shape or form.

We are NOT here to take over the ocean/world.

Talk with any mercenary to arrange a contract. It is up to that mercenary on wether or not he/she will take the contract.

To prevent any unnessary problems for leaders of alliances we ask that Only the Leader(s) of an alliance make the contract(s) with a Mercenary.

If you seek the life of a Mercenary then contact shadowguard.

All contracts are done in secret, no information will be given out to anyone at anytime.

Prices are for the Mercenary to name, if you don't like it then ask another.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All payments are to be made with either wood, stone or coins.

We do NOT take gold!

DeletedUser

I was kindly informed/requested to post that just to clarify that nothing illegal is going on. Also so others know as well that to try it would be a very bad idea xD

DeletedUser4013

Ok, we all know that if you want to 'abuse' an alliance you have to do so in a PnP thread, not their Alliance Info/Recruitment thread. I for one think that this is a good idea, and one that will possibly change gameplay for Eta. Think about that next time you go to tell a person that they fail for trying something new.

DeletedUser2084

This is NOT an alliance!

We are players who have NO allegence to anyone or any cause.

If you or your alliance is attacked by a Mercenary then it is because somebody hired him/her to do so.

Do NOT try for any diplomatic terms for we have no diplomacy nor leaders to be diplomatic with.

We are NOT united together in any way, shape or form.

We are NOT here to take over the ocean/world.

Talk with any mercenary to arrange a contract. It is up to that mercenary on wether or not he/she will take the contract.

To prevent any unnessary problems for leaders of alliances we ask that Only the Leader(s) of an alliance make the contract(s) with a Mercenary.

If you seek the life of a Mercenary then contact shadowguard.

All contracts are done in secret, no information will be given out to anyone at anytime.

Prices are for the Mercenary to name, if you don't like it then ask another.

They state that the are not an alliance so I do not see the infraction here...if any it would be theirs for starting thread in the Alliance section.

DeletedUser

Alliance

Well there post is related/informs to Alliances that they are for hire so I think it fits here.

DeletedUser2084

Not really as their whole manifesto is actually the complete flip side of an alliance, and by going with anarchy can in fact preclude them from this section.

Aicy

Strategos
Ok, we all know that if you want to 'abuse' an alliance you have to do so in a PnP thread, not their Alliance Info/Recruitment thread. I for one think that this is a good idea, and one that will possibly change gameplay for Eta. Think about that next time you go to tell a person that they fail for trying something new.

It would be, but if did a little research like I did you would've seen they only have one member and that member has 300 points. :p

DeletedUser4013

Yes, they claim to not be an alliance according to the normal use of alliances in this game, but why is it so difficult to see the potential in having a 'loose federation' of Mercs? Take for example the idea of Thieve's Guilds. These are not alliances per se, only opportune times to work with another thief.

As for anarchy, how does that preclude an alliance from being an alliance? Look at MRAs, chaotic by their very nature with hundreds of members and no true central leadership to guide them. So by your logic then, all MRAs are not considered alliances?

Aicy, they have a small number of members because it is a fairly new alliance. most of the established alliances in this world are pre-made, or MRAs. Give them time, for all you know they could be gaining new members as their ocean becomes more populated.

Aicy

Strategos
Yep, true.... but I've been playing Grepolis for 6 months and this is the 6th time I've seen one of these alliances pop up. :p
None of them have ever had any real success.

The problem is, no one ever uses them. Or they're just plain rubbish have no members and never log in. :D

DeletedUser

Well for now all you can do is wait and see what happens with them. They might be good if they can get others help.

DeletedUser

well i don't think it will work because i will just pay one of them to attack their own alliance

DeletedUser2084

And why take payment for something that I would do for free.

DeletedUser

Yep, true.... but I've been playing Grepolis for 6 months and this is the 6th time I've seen one of these alliances pop up. :p
None of them have ever had any real success.

The problem is, no one ever uses them. Or they're just plain rubbish have no members and never log in. :D

theres really practical reasons why these types of alliances never take off and its just because grepo and tw is not build to accomodate it.

If your mercenary alliance is widespread accross the globe then your like an mra. Your members get eaten up one by one as they have no access to support. Even if you do manage to do one or two contracts for local alliances they wont defend you if your attacked, unless of course the mercenary joins them.

If your mercenary alliance is concentrated in one area of the world just like a proper alliance then just by geography alone 75 % of the world have no use for you. Unless of course they want to hire a mercenary who will travel 24+ hours by transport. Proper alliances in that area will not pay you to do anything because due to your concentration in that area you become a threat to them and who wants to make enemies stronger? If you have no diplomacy then alliances in that area who have no qualms about using diplomacy will gang up on you. In effect you will pretty much beforced to function like a regular alliance to work at all.

Good luck in your effort tho.

DeletedUser

Everything you say is true and it appears that only a madman would try something like this...again. However I do enjoy challenges, and who knows maybe for once players will try to integrate mercs in their game play. If I get conquered then so what, that's what this game is all about. I'm just trying give ppl a new way of challenging themselves in the art of game warfare.

DeletedUser2084

I think you would do better if you offered anti revolt protection, take payment for defending someones Polis .I might pay for that service, as for paying to have someone attacked...I can do that for myself.

lifeinsurance.jpg

DeletedUser2084

lol true, have one pay to clear then other to defend...that is evil