Inactive Topic Mercenary Soldiers

DeletedUser

Something tells me this will be one of the few things that get passed! It will be fun to have troops to gain an advantage over others. This could be a premium thing to, like send 50 gold to have him come or 100 for twice, so on so on. Or less.

DeletedUser

This could be a premium thing to, like send 50 gold to have him come or 100 for twice, so on so on. Or less.

It think that that would give premiun players too big advantage. In my opinion all units should be avaible to evryone, especialy so powerful ones. Other than that, great idea, but I think that you should have to always pay it to come and that it couldn't be instantly called like Phoenician, beacuse premium players could than quickly get large amounts of very strong units.

DeletedUser

OK, noted. Perhaps, it costs 50 extra gold every time you call it?

DeletedUser

Yah, these options are helpful to Grepolis, as if gold is used they will have another reason to buy gold , and you have to pay, so it's good for us and Innogames.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, it is just long. Take out all the stats for all the units, and it is quite simple really.

DeletedUser

Yes it is. By the way, Tury, your ideas are pretty good.

DeletedUser

Mercenary units have been suggested, but not like this. A very intresting idea. I suggest you make the fee for the ships a little more than 1000 per each resource

DeletedUser

If you remember, the units cost some themselves too, so that takes care of the extra resources you need to call them. I think that there are enough restrictions as it is.

Oh, and thanks syron!

EDIT: 123 posts right now :)

DeletedUser

I'm always nice to my friends! I think the idea's minor changes are almost complete. I would be surprised if Grepolis doesn't take this idea.

DeletedUser

It appears they are checking. This is a good idea, but they most think it through thouroughly before they choose, because if they're anything that could go wrong, it will be found, but I think you've got it.

DeletedUser

I do have to say that the strategies idea is better than this.

DeletedUser

I just want to add, that is this idea is to be worked on we should also aim towards realism.
Yes, mercenaries were used, what I mean by realisim is about the civilizations and units in question:

Rome, bad idea, in the time of Grepolis Rome did not even exist as a republic yet, it was a small kingdom which uses greek and etruscan kind of units, the used hoplites, they were weak and had no trade power. A Roman ship is unrealistic, let alone the units it offers, Roman Cavalry? the romans had awful cavalry, their armies had very few Equites which were poorly supplied for horsemenship. So both Rome and its units should be scratched from the list.
Also thought I should address this:
I am probably overthinking this but why is the Roman Legionary attack sharp when all the legionaries used javelins as ranged weapons then switched to short swords during close combat. The swordsman which would be the regular grepolis counterpart is a blunt attacker then wouldn't the Roman Legionary have a blunt attack to.
Roman Legions were "sharp" not blunt, firts because they threw their sharp Pila before engaging in hand to hand combat, with both the "spatha" and then the "gladius" were sharp swords used for thrusting, not slashing or cutting, they were thrusted to the enemy in a punch like movement, Roman swords were not blunt weapons, if soldiers tried to hit with them in slashing movements the swords would have broken.
---
but anyway Romans do not fit in the historical setting of the game.

Gauls: While they did exist at that time, they were not yet used as mercenaries and kept to themselves in their forests, if you want "barbaric" like mercenaries, switch to Tracians instead, they were around the time, and they were used as mercenaries in many occasions, the most famous were the tracians Alexander took to conquer Persia.
Units: barbarian skirmisher, barbarian cavalry.
The tracians were noted for their horses, in fact the Macedonians learned the use of horses in war because of their proximity with the tracians.

As for cartage, well the units are ok, but you change them for Numidian Cavalry (they had javelins) and Baleares Slingers (from the Baleares islands) cartaginian armies were famous by both units, although the numidians were mercenaries themselves, from Numidia, we can have Carthage selling them, for their proximity with Numidia

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

if i wanted realism i wouldn't be playing an internet game :D

DeletedUser

if i wanted realism i wouldn't be playing an internet game
well, if a feature is going to be added, where is the loss in making it realistic?
its not like it would change the essence of the idea, just changes the names of the mercenaries.