Rejected Merecenaries for hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So when the merchant shows up with troops in tow for sale whose troops were they before the merchant loaded them up to haul around and sell? Nobody's, they are swords for hire, free-booters, or mercenaries by any definition. That being the case and given the extravagant prices that the merchant demands if you want to buy some, perhaps they ought to be treated like mercenaries in the game. How about allowing any mercenaries that are bought from the merchant to be traded between players for resources? Create a new unit type or types that show in the barracks carrying the mercenary count that a player owns and that are available for trading or (being loaned) to other players? They should be tradable or loanable to other players and when traded or loaned out they should act as an integral part of the new player's military structure and follow orders just as if they were native troops, not like support that can only stand and defend. And, as they are mercenaries, the number that can be acquired should not be capped by the free population available like for regular troops. Perhaps use some measure base on barracks level barracks level or ..???.

DeletedUser

please format this idea, if u have any hope for success . . . it looks ok from wat i can understand

DeletedUser

People can get away with not having researched certain units this way. But I still like the idea.

Thrillology

Phrourach
Interesting.
Looks like we're having Private Military Contractors in the age of Antiquity. Well, hullo Antiquity Blackwater PMC! :p

Please format this, but other than that, I like the idea. In otherwords, you're selling troops as slaves. I thought of that when I first started playing Grepolis, and someone finally put it out there. Bodacious! :D This would be awesome with emergency barricades. :)

Now, let's get our Hellenic slaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.