Passed Message when cancelling edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal
To have a message when you are editting a post, and accidently/deliberately click reply. The message could say something like "Are you sure you want to discard your edit? Yes/no."

Reason

All too often I am editting my post and have spent 5 minutes and tripled it's size, and just when I finished, I press the button below. It turns out the button is the reply button, and I have lost ages of hard typing. I'm not sure if this happens to other people, but I find it extremely frustrating.

Details

When you press the reply button, a message pops up asking you if you are sure you wish to discard it. If you click yes, then it is discarded, if you click no, then you can continue writing.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
I really can't see how this can be abused.

Visual Aids

9180210_92a6_625x625.jpg

You get the idea...

This is just a small litle thing that really bugs me. It really won't take long to do, and I don't see how it can be improved.

+rep please?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thats happened to me, but i can just go back, and it'll reload

DeletedUser

Yeah. It goes back to the pre-editted post, but it doesn't reload what you have written.

DeletedUser

Yeh, this is a good idea. i have done this lots of times, and was going to suggest it myself.

DeletedUser17523

Happened to me thousands of times when I was writing my essays on things noone cares about! So I had to re-type them. Insted of 45 minutes, an hour and a half!!!!

DeletedUser

This idea is now up to vote. Please seethis thread to vote. Remember to read the rules!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Need this idea, man, I speak to the alliance in the forums for announcements, etc, and have lost hours when clicking the reply instead of save.

DeletedUser

This idea did not pass and is therefore eligible for a re-vote sometime in the future.

Please see poll located here.

Status
Not open for further replies.