Meteorology

• Thread starter DeletedUser5832
  • Start date

DeletedUser5832

This thread is for feedback on the Meteorology research rebalancing.

DeletedUser

definitely better to have it earlier, as by the time it's available most of your battles will be on other islands via ships anyway. i guess it could be useful in getting the jump on threatening neighbours early on, but still not sure i'd research it in a lot of cities.

that said, if myth units are made easier to build then this research is really nice for flying myth nukes (mantis/harpies) so it may be used more anyway :)

DeletedUser

This will probably still not be part of my build in most cities, simply because attacking over land is barely done anymore after the first month. That's the fundamental flaw of this research, the whole focus of the gameplay is overseas.

As pyth said though, this will be useful for manti/harpy nukes, but you only have 1/2 of those..

DeletedUser

As pyth said though, this will be useful for manti/harpy nukes, but you only have 1/2 of those..
BUT, if myths are made much cheaper on favour then we may end up with a lot more flying nukes... i already research this in all flying nuke cities, so the more of those i get the more cities will have this research!

then again, that has more to do with myths than with the rebalancing of this particular research.

DeletedUser

Yeah but you still share your favour so unless they make them 10 favour you still won't be able to make a huge amount of actual nukes of them.

DeletedUser

Certainly makes sense to have the technology earlier, but I still only see it being used more often for the defense of wonder cities, as alliances usually have very specific build requirements to optimize defense capabilities.

DeletedUser

BUT, if myths are made much cheaper on favour then we may end up with a lot more flying nukes... i already research this in all flying nuke cities, so the more of those i get the more cities will have this research!

then again, that has more to do with myths than with the rebalancing of this particular research.

I do the same thing but I only have 3 UFO's so those are the only three cities in which I use this. Otherwise, I only use it temporarily to take an enemy city on my island and then get rid of the research for more favorable ones. I don't know how but you have to make this research beneficial for off-island campaigns beyond just flying nukes

DeletedUser

For what my 2 cents is worth, this tech will still go unused . . . land speed just isn't that useful compared to what you have to give up in points to research it.

There is an opportunity to do something TOTALLY different with this tech, and I think there would be more interest in that (if nothing else, because it is totally new).

DeletedUser

This will never have much use because the majority of attacks are done from island to island. Replace this with Stone Hail, its much more useful.

DeletedUser

This one is unnecessary and should be dropped altogether to make room for something more interesting.

At the moment I only use it in cities that have a flying myth nuke – harpies or manticores – and even then I only use it because it's there and you have research points going begging in a flying myth city. I wouldn’t expect to do any more with it even if this change is adopted.

DeletedUser

I would use this research for all units as well as give a small bonus for farming, and extra 5 units to the farm will not be missed.

This subject is what basically determines Flight routes, Trecks, Ship sailing routes and crops.

In turn it should become a more versatile research, and maybe just slightly more expencive and available at the initial construction stages of one's city.

DeletedUser

I suggest this research be removed entirely and replaced with something else.

DeletedUser25074

This is just terrible. The only use for this research is for flying Myth nukes. by the time your city is ready for Flying myths lol your going to have your acad at the required level to research this so imo this is a pointless change.

DeletedUser26772

For what my 2 cents is worth, this tech will still go unused . . . land speed just isn't that useful compared to what you have to give up in points to research it.

There is an opportunity to do something TOTALLY different with this tech, and I think there would be more interest in that (if nothing else, because it is totally new).

I agree -- land speed is rarely important when islands are so small and numerous, and the increase to land speed is a meager 10%.

I consider position in the sequence of development to be almost irrelevant, as only a newbie would skip a good tech just because it did not occur until later. Right now this is not a good enough tech.

What WOULD make a difference to me is being able to build this tech for just 3 points instead of 4, and the speed bump being 20%.

DeletedUser

I would replace this with another tech. An interesting one would be a tech that allows a ground unit of a specific type to gain flying. While not period friendly, how about balloons that grant catapults flying. This would rebalance cats without changing their stats and help satisfy those who want more offence.

Think of dealing with a flying cat nuke? Very interesting development. Cats take so long to build and are resource intensive enough to make this fair. Plus they are slow to dodge with, so defending your cat nuke city would also be interesting as one might not have boats to sail them away on.

Also relatively easy to code. An existing mechanic. Finally, cats slow ground speed limits this to a mostly close island hopping offense boost to those nearest targets. And for siege breaks it would be very interesting. I think it would be a blast and not unbalanced.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: