Milestones Milestones

DeletedUser4278

Ah, you credit me with too much deviousness, guys. Yes, I'm aware of divisions, not surprising in an alliance of that size and of disparate backgrounds. And yes, several people in BD have told me that - no names, no pack drill. And no, they've not given me any indication of any split. I would not be telling the truth if I didn't say I had heard rumours of a split, but :pro: - there are always that sort of rumour about at least one alliance. Very occasionally, they're true.

I almost wish I had deliberately structured that post to imply that I knew about a split, would indeed be good propaganda - but honestly it was just intended to express a wish for the fighting to continue. Don't go reading stuff into my posts that's not there. :)

Hang on one second if i have got past the double negatives here is what your saying that no one in BD who you have talked to and who are talking about rifts and divisions have said there is. But you hear rumors of a split.

If we are going on things that none in the alliance effected has even remotely mentioned that i heard from the grapevine then: i believe i have heard that Kraken Jack plays grepolis sitting atop his purple magic dragon, and you yourself play from an icefortress with an infinite supply of cheto's, Requiem are planning a hostile takeover of knights while they are sleeping and there is a merge planned lost souls 1 and 2 to make them 1.5 souls (because 2 is just overkill).

But i still fail to see what this all has do with well anything really?

DeletedUser46395

No; I have had confirmation of rifts and divisions from several BD players. What I haven't had from them is talk of a split - that has come from other sources, who all claim it has come from BD players. I can't verify that, so class it as a rumour. Pretty straightforward, really.

You're right, it has nothing to do with this thread; a lot of recent posts should be in the one I started, not this one, a point I did try to make earlier; in an ideal world, a friendly mod would prune these posts and transplant them where they belong.

DeletedUser

i believe i have heard that Kraken Jack plays grepolis sitting atop his purple magic dragon, and you yourself play from an icefortress with an infinite supply of cheto's, Requiem are planning a hostile takeover of knights while they are sleeping and there is a merge planned lost souls 1 and 2 to make them 1.5 souls (because 2 is just overkill).

Haha nice lol

DeletedUser21549

Hang on one second if i have got past the double negatives here is what your saying that no one in BD who you have talked to and who are talking about rifts and divisions have said there is. But you hear rumors of a split.

If we are going on things that none in the alliance effected has even remotely mentioned that i heard from the grapevine then: i believe i have heard that Kraken Jack plays grepolis sitting atop his purple magic dragon, and you yourself play from an icefortress with an infinite supply of cheto's, Requiem are planning a hostile takeover of knights while they are sleeping and there is a merge planned lost souls 1 and 2 to make them 1.5 souls (because 2 is just overkill).

But i still fail to see what this all has do with well anything really?

@ Ianmiyster, Its Bearissimus who is spreads the words about us,not many others. Just take a look at his posts, there always some words about how BD is falling apart, dont support their members or ar unhappy in general.
I dont say BD is flawless and we still have a long way to go but we are improving all the time.
The last month have been a bit messy and that have made us loose a city here and there, its tricky with big numbers and I actually prefer smaller alliances.
What I think Bearis do here is propaganda and to change peoples opinions about us, both inside and outside our alliance.
Its easy to say what people say about their alliance when u dont have to post your sources.

I do think its Knights and Req that will face a bad morale soon, their location in the rim gives them a safe back but they face a wall to the east. Requiem has it tougher though,, 90% of their cities are good for dlu only and if we stop to attack the knights, im pretty sure the boredom will do the job on them for us...

DeletedUser46395

You believe whatever you want. People will overcomplicate things, and not accept things at face value. As I've said before, nobody believes the truth in this game, and if you choose not to, that's entirely up to you. Certainly isn't my problem. :)

DeletedUser46395

Well, to misquote Mandy Rice-Davies, you would say that, wouldn't you? ;)

DeletedUser45085

You believe whatever you want. People will overcomplicate things, and not accept things at face value. As I've said before, nobody believes the truth in this game, and if you choose not to, that's entirely up to you. Certainly isn't my problem. :)

here is some "face value" for u

1PmZV9o.png

wY3TpbM.png

and now looking at your former alliances bear, and i understand why the grudge on B.D. legion. do u fear knights will be the third alliance that u join and ends up sinking at B.D. legion's hands?

anyways dont worry much we may still take u in if/when that happens. will even give u a title... propaganda officer. i think it'll suits you.

DeletedUser46395

No grudge, Wred, I don't do grudges, certainly not in a game - like I've said before I admire BD and think you're a great alliance, and really enjoy fighting you. That doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't the absolute truth, though.

However, it's not accurate to say that Knights could be the third alliance that could sink at your hands - GoH is arguable, but it was hit by everybody, not just you, and certainly not in your current form, but the Drunken Monks are still going. As to the bigger question, could you beat Knights? I doubt it. Can Knights beat you? Also unlikely. Which means plenty of fighting ahead, which is what makes the game fun. :)

DeletedUser33512

Tbh, haha, I think 1vs1, knights wouldn't stand a chance against us.

Even in our original form.

But it's fun, so why change it. You win some you lose some.

For what it's worth Bear, I enjoy your propaganda. It's fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

As I've said before, I don't go in for trash talk unless it's absolutely tongue in cheek. I'll stick with telling it straight. :)

As you say, you win some, you lose some. It's what keeps it fun.

I've put Kipling's "If" in my profile now, sums up how I think one should approach the game:

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on!”

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son."

Not bad advice for life, absolutely perfect for Grepo. :)

DeletedUser45085

No grudge, Wred, I don't do grudges, certainly not in a game - like I've said before I admire BD and think you're a great alliance, and really enjoy fighting you. That doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't the absolute truth, though.

I think you do hold a grudge, but its not the absolute truth. its my opinion, or what i perceive as a logical conclusion of your obsession with bd.

Absolute truth is a big word, when used in this context. especially since the only info supplied is "I heard bla bla bla..."

However, it's not accurate to say that Knights could be the third alliance that could sink at your hands - GoH is arguable, but it was hit by everybody, not just you, and certainly not in your current form, but the Drunken Monks are still going.

lol again, its my truth. you can chose to buy it or not. fortunately for me i can back it up
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en75/alliance/96/colonizations?page=1

As to the bigger question, could you beat Knights? I doubt it. Can Knights beat you? Also unlikely. Which means plenty of fighting ahead, which is what makes the game fun. :)

i started out write "still take u in when that happens" but changed it to if/when. didnt want to seem too cocky :p

anyways, i also like knights, they are one of the better alliances on this server. just wish your banter was as good as your gameplay.

DeletedUser46395

I think you do hold a grudge, but its not the absolute truth. its my opinion, or what i perceive as a logical conclusion of your obsession with bd.

BD are the only decent opposition we have at the moment. There are plenty of minor alliances we're scrapping with, but they're not in the same league. That's all.

Absolute truth is a big word, when used in this context. especially since the only info supplied is "I heard bla bla bla..."

That's fair comment. What I mean is that I'm simply reporting what I'm told and not twisting it in the slightest. You're right to say that's not necessarily the absolute truth.

lol again, its my truth. you can chose to buy it or not. fortunately for me i can back it up
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en75/alliance/96/colonizations?page=1

Oh for sure you had a lot to do with the death of GoH, but that shows that others did, too, that was my only point. You picked up a fair few of our decent players, too. Good fighting, far better than we could cope with. I got a "Victim" badge, rimmed within a week of the end of BP. The FBKs were far too good for me and far too ready for me. I've never minded losing cities to people who deserve to take them, which is true of every city I've lost in this world, one to the FBKs on their own, the other 2 to BD. I do object when a clueless buffoon who's just spent loads of gold takes my city, but that ain't true in this world.

And what about your claim about the Drunken Monks? That's simply wrong.

i started out write "still take u in when that happens" but changed it to if/when. didnt want to seem too cocky :p

anyways, i also like knights, they are one of the better alliances on this server. just wish your banter was as good as your gameplay.

Wouldn't mind a proper banter/trash talk thread, would be fun, but in these discussions, I would rather keep them more adult and focused on facts or honest opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33512

As I've said before, I don't go in for trash talk unless it's absolutely tongue in cheek. I'll stick with telling it straight. :)

As you say, you win some, you lose some. It's what keeps it fun.

I've put Kipling's "If" in my profile now, sums up how I think one should approach the game:

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on!”

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son."

Not bad advice for life, absolutely perfect for Grepo. :)

What I said wasn't trash talk. It's absolute truth. You ain't nothing without your homeboys ;) (that's a little trashy, that last bit, but oh well) :)