Militia Questions

DeletedUser

I have attacked a player 6 times in 3 days. On 3 occasions he had 300 plus militia, luckily I wiped them out all 3 times but now I have some questions.

How quickly do militia regenerate?

Do they take away from the farm, thus you have to rebuild the farm to get more?

anything else about militia would be appreciated.

Cheers,
ACMike

DeletedUser

As soon as the timer goes out you can activated it again,

No, they do not take population away from you. But they do decrease the speed in which you gain resources.

DeletedUser

Once you enact militia it lasts for three hours, during that time your mine production is reduced by 50%

After the three hours is up your militia go bact to work and your production rate returns to normal. You can enact militia again at any time after that, losing your militia during a battle doesn't effect your farm level.

You get ten militia for every farm level up to level 25 at which point it maxes out, however if you research City Guard your militia is increased to fifteen per farm level.

Hope that helps m8 :)

DeletedUser

Can someone please tell me why you don't get BP for killing militia? I lost about 120 farm pop just from militia today so I think it is ridiculous that you cannot gain the bp from killing them

DeletedUser

Just don't.

Most likely because they are untrained, and BP are like ex. points.

DeletedUser

Don't militia last 6 hours on a speed 1 world?

It's amazing what a handful of peasants can do while armed with only a pitchfork and a pail full of rusty nails. No-one could expect to receive full battle points for killing them. Some would be nice though.

DeletedUser

Nope only three...

In fact, I believe that the speed of the world does not even effect militia regeneration.

Oh, shouldn't this be moved to sections :p

DeletedUser

You gotta be careful with militia, though. Rely on them too much and they go Taliban on you. :D

DeletedUser

yes, it's merely a way to even the playing field a bit for smaller players when they are attacked by larger players.
it also brings a tad more strategy into play......
if you use proper strategy, you can make your attacker pay for sending troops into your city by dodging your own troops and activating CITY GUARD with proper timing.
he loses troops, and you lose nothing.
it's a feature that rewards fore thought and strategy, and i like those.
as an attacker, BP would be nice but you need to earn it i suppose.
i like darklazerman's analogy.
you don't gain much for slaughtering innocent, untrained farmers wielding rakes and clubs.

DeletedUser

yes, it's merely a way to even the playing field a bit for smaller players when they are attacked by larger players.
it also brings a tad more strategy into play......
if you use proper strategy, you can make your attacker pay for sending troops into your city by dodging your own troops and activating CITY GUARD with proper timing.
he loses troops, and you lose nothing.
it's a feature that rewards fore thought and strategy, and i like those.
as an attacker, BP would be nice but you need to earn it i suppose.
i like darklazerman's analogy.
you don't gain much for slaughtering innocent, untrained farmers wielding rakes and clubs.

My current conquest didn't bother to do any of this. I only lost 13 troops in my attacks. Admittedly he'd been cleared the day before by another player, but that's no reason for him to just give me his city.

I get a new city and can probably conquer again in a day or two. and he gets to restart on the rim. :p

Last edited by a moderator: