Mingha meets the leaders!

DeletedUser

Dont get me wrong,

I LIKE the idea of interviews, and I thought it was a cool thing to do - its something I always do when i am commentating on car events, we do meet and greets with the drivers and ask them about random stuff, not even about driving etc.

Its the way it was done thats made me mad - I dont have any length of time in this game so can only go on what I find. I happened to drop into my "local" RME Alliance as a guy on my island had joined them and I think he was worried I was going to farm him. So I joined, then they gradually asked me to help lead as I was active, the highest in our branch, the highest in my ocean and like to speak up and help, Im a very TEAM orientated player, but usually in leadership roles, as its what I do for a living and have done in sports. I guess Im just bossy !! lol

I have no illusions that RME are perfect or the most all conquering out there, I dont doubt that skilled players like Dodo, JNC, Furry, Aicy, Metalcore and others have a better perspective on Madrids merits as a player and his tactics, but all I can relate to is as a new player the alliance has been friendly, helpful, allows freedom, promotes if they think you do a good job. They try to be sensible about things like recruiting and mailing etc where possible but admittedly goes a bit crazy in the first couple of weeks to get members, but then they are not a premade with loads of chums on the forums to work with and the pacts are often via people who they know or are also MRAs in the beginning phase, we're under no illusion that we could win a one to one fight with The Marines, but in a 10 to 1 fight we have a chance maybe, you might not like that but its been the way of the real world for many years, just think about China and Russia vs Nato for a few decades !!!

I think maybe the non stop bashing of a Team that isnt around here much to defend itself should maybe go down a notch or two.

J.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Please call me James as most people do :p

I thought the interview was mostly the same except for a couple of things against R. Madrid... Blade, why don't you let R. Madrid defend himself instead of you defending him? I can't stand that... I've got a lot of enemies ingame and some enemies on these forums but when they try having a go at me or make a thread about me (Check world Eta on the thread called "Stay away from The Elite") I stick up for my self :)

I like the ideas of interviews too, I think Mingha or whoever should continue to do it once every month with different questions every time and not to make em Biased either. It's good fun and keeps the forum interesting and lets everyone know what us top leaders are like :p

But yeah guys, stop picking on R. Madrid and RME, they have enough on there plate as it is ;) :D

Lol...

DeletedUser

OK James - always feels weird calling someone by my own name !!

Im defending him because he is not here to defend himself, and as such that makes him an easy target. I dont know the bloke, I cant even remember what his first name is, but he's my teamate and as such I'll stick up for him just as I would in real life, Ive always been the big bloke looking after my smaller teamates, its just how God made me !! lol

The thing that got me was the tactics and way it was done, and i think Mingha should be ashamed to have done it as its not a very nice trait. If you want to pick a fight, you go up to the bloke and call him out on his shortcomings, or simply knock him out. You dont go round his mates trying to get a chance to slip him a curve ball when he's not expecting it !!

Just my opinion, but its done me well for 36 years in sport and business.

Regards,

James.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Tell R. Madrid to come on the forums then, that will sure Lighten up the external forums ;)

Nearly everyone calls me James or Jay XD Now that you have pointed out the Errors Mingha has made, I'm sure he will correct them next time if he does interview us again in something like a month or so.

Anyways, I'm off, goodnight.

DeletedUser

First off, let me preface this response by saying that I AM a newb, at least in this game, although I have quite a bit of experience in similar games such as Evony and RTKO. And politics is politics no matter which game... if it has alliances, the same ol' same ol' applies.

I agree that there seemed to be a bias to Mingha's questions towards R.Madrid. Whether they were intentional or whether he was unconsciously influenced by the overall attitude towards RME in these forums I cannot say, but I will say that I found the concept of the post to be unique and exceptionally useful to someone who desires to better understand the prevailing politics of the gameworld, such as myself. I have been avidly pouring over the Mu threads in Forum Grepolis trying to glean any useful intel that would assist and further the goals of the alliance I belong to. Why? Because it's my thing, so to speak. I also get off on reading Machiavelli and Sun Tzu for grins and giggles.

Having said all that, I applaud Mingha for the attempt, if not the execution (unless, of course, his intent was a Machiavellian ploy to demoralize and agitate RME and their minions... in which case the argument might be made that he succeeded brilliantly, at least with Blade!). I would LOVE to see this series of interviews continue and expand, although I would say that if Mingha truly wishes to be a reporter that he pose exactly the same questions to all interviewees. As for those of us reading this thread, it behooves us to be alert for ploys of misinformation, propaganda and/or outright lies... as it seems that daggers lay concealed underneath every cloak in Grepolis!

"et tu, Brutae?" ~ Julius Caesar

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just stating the obvious, aren't you Bladerider in Fargo Bears Warriors?

DeletedUser

Hey guys, Im back.

Yer Blade I see what you are talking about, but lately in the forums, everyone has been question RME about spies, their abilities etc..
And I wanted to see what the leader ( R. Madrid ) had to say about these things, what he thought, etc.. I didnt get much of an answer.. But do you understand what I mean??
Its all for fun anyway and im sorry if you felt like it came across that way.

And btw, im prolly going to do this interview thing with other top alliances next week well I will try :)

DeletedUser

My allianceis quite small but I have already thrown my hat in the ring :)

DeletedUser

Since we are ranked 4 now, we are waiting your invitation for an interview again :D

DeletedUser13647

R. Madrid thinks he has everything figured out in this game but look what happened to him in Iota if you read my post on RME Strikes Again. Germans don't know what they're doing and so what if he was the best fighter among them?

:pro: not Grepohugs