Mlb

DeletedUser

Heyy guys, I don't know if there is thread for this already though since the new season has started not too long ago I think it would be suitable to have one.

Though first of all, does anybody follow baseball?

DeletedUser

Nope, no basketball for me, only time I watch baseball is when the family gets together and there is literally a moment where I walk in, then me and my dad slowly gaze towards each other, then slow motion with me and my dad running to the flat screen and wrestling with the controller, me getting defeated -.-, and there's baseball..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ahahaha :D

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you lol?

DeletedUser

Let's go Braves
Eww there gonna be last place by 2015 second in 2014 to the nationals no ifs ands or buts to it 4 pitchers era under 3.60 great outfield strasburg of his leash and harper mentally better along with silver slugger Ian Desmond anothany rendon is going to hit 290 only weak spot is first

DeletedUser45380

Eww there gonna be last place by 2015 second in 2014 to the nationals no ifs ands or buts to it 4 pitchers era under 3.60 great outfield strasburg of his leash and harper mentally better along with silver slugger Ian Desmond anothany rendon is going to hit 290 only weak spot is first

You might be spot on with this. Phillies will give them some competition for that 5th spot.

On a side note, I was gonna post to see if anyone follows the MLB, but the lack of topics make me realize that there is not much interest.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I'm a massive band wagon fan for all of my local teams bar the patriots who I've been watching for like 2 decades. So I care about the Red Sox whenever we make it into the play offs. This means last season I payed 0 attention to them except to confirm that we did indeed go from the best to the worst.

DeletedUser40768

You might be spot on with this. Phillies will give them some competition for that 5th spot.

On a side note, I was gonna post to see if anyone follows the MLB, but the lack of topics make me realize that there is not much interest.

I love talking about baseball. I am a diehard Yankees fan though, so hopefully BT won't mind since he is a bandwagon fan anyway :p

DeletedUser40768

Meh 2003 ALCS and 2004 ALCS pretty much cancel each other out in my mind :p

My favorite moment in the rivalry was in 2013 where Dempster finally hit A-Rod on his 4th attempt. Made me wonder how good his aim was after that AB. Then A-Rod hits a home run later in the game to start a comeback victory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngqeyfutg54

Note: It was my favorite moment because I am too young to remember 2003 and 2004 :D

DeletedUser29066

I used to love watching MLB, but then a number of things like the free-agency merry-go-round, the steroid scandal, lockouts, strikes, cancelled World Series, expanded play-offs, slow pace of the game and the price of a hot dog all kinda killed my interest in the game. I'll still occasionally watch a few innings here and there, but almost never a complete game.

DeletedUser40768

I used to love watching MLB, but then a number of things like the free-agency merry-go-round, the steroid scandal, lockouts, strikes, cancelled World Series, expanded play-offs, slow pace of the game and the price of a hot dog all kinda killed my interest in the game. I'll still occasionally watch a few innings here and there, but almost never a complete game.

I actually like free agency in MLB. To me it is the only interesting free agency in U.S. sports. Lockouts and strikes aren't nearly as bad as they are in other sports, last strike was in 1994-1995. They still have the fewest number of playoff teams in any U.S. sport, and are pretty much the only sports league that has strict punishments for using PEDs. I think the pace is fine, an NFL game is longer than a baseball game. Only problem in baseball is frequent and lengthy commercial breaks after each pitching change, and in between each inning :Angry:

DeletedUser40768

*Bump

My favorite sports needs more love and discussion so I will start:

My Yankees are in 1st place!!!! The Mets are in 1st too, but the Nationals with take that away from them in no time. The Astros might be the best team in the American League, and both Cy Young winners last year are off to a slow start.

DeletedUser49197

Nationals are 1st place, don't you doubt my team!!! Used to live in DC, NATIONALS ALL THE WAY!!!

DeletedUser49358

The Astros might be the best team in the American League

If someone told me last year that the Astros would start the season off with 27 wins in their first 40 games I would have died from laughter. My favorite team the Twins are off to a good start which I'm not even sure how as pitching line up has only one decent guy (like usual for them). I do have to give a shout out to my favorite player though Joe Mauer who got his first homer of the season yesterday in walkoff fashion in extras.

DeletedUser40768

If someone told me last year that the Astros would start the season off with 27 wins in their first 40 games I would have died from laughter. My favorite team the Twins are off to a good start which I'm not even sure how as pitching line up has only one decent guy (like usual for them). I do have to give a shout out to my favorite player though Joe Mauer who got his first homer of the season yesterday in walkoff fashion in extras.

Astros has a decent off season. I figured they would improve, but not into a playoff team like they are right now. I remember a Sports Illustrated article a year or two ago predicted the Astros would be in the World Series in 2016, after losing in the playoffs in 2015. Right now that article actually looks like it could be correct.

Twins got a decent offense, although losing Ervin Santana for his 80 game drug suspension is a blow to their pitching. Tori Hunter's return and Paul Molitor becoming a manager seemed to really help the team become the really solid team they were in say around 2009 and 2010. I think Kyle Gibson is a good pitcher, and I think Phil Hughes is a guy who likes to change peoples' expectations of him on a year by year basis.

In other news the Yankees are slumping and are tied with Tampa for the division, especially after being killed by the Nationals. The Mets are no longer in 1st place, but only because the Yankees are giving the Nationals some easy victories.

Oh and a little fact:

Madison Bumgarner's 5 HR since start of 2014 (97 PA) matches:
Alex Rios (550 PA)
Kurt Suzuki (630 PA)
Joe Mauer (688 PA)

Two of these guys are Twins by the way :p

Nationals are 1st place, don't you doubt my team!!! Used to live in DC, NATIONALS ALL THE WAY!!!

If there is such thing as having a 2nd favorite team, then the Nationals are. I usually watch the games they play against the Mets since 2009, when they were a last place team. It is unfortunate they don't win in the playoffs, they are just so stacked from top to bottom.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
And the Red Sox after spending an absurd amount of money on their offense couldn't buy a run if it killed them . Our hitters can't hit and not surprisingly our mediocre pitchers can't pitch. But we have Big Papi and the Panda bear so that counts for something I suppose....

DeletedUser40768

And the Red Sox after spending an absurd amount of money on their offense couldn't buy a run if it killed them . Our hitters can't hit and not surprisingly our mediocre pitchers can't pitch. But we have Big Papi and the Panda bear so that counts for something I suppose....

There is always good news. Yoan Moncada is set to make his Single A debut real soon, or so I read a few days ago so maybe it already happened. Seriously though I am surprised the Red Sox are ahead of the Blue Jays and the Orioles in the standings. Both are better teams right now than the Red Sox imo It becomes crazy when the Sox have so many infielders that they have to put a poor defensive player like Hanley in left field. Meanwhile a guy like Rusney Castillo, who is getting paid like 11 million is starting in Triple A. In reality Castillo should be with the club, he had a great spring and a great start in Triple A. He definitely should start over a guy like Shane Victorino, Jackie Bradley Jr. or Daniel Nava. I also think Brock Holt needs more playing time, that guy is great when he has the opportunity to play. Having a rookie catcher leading the pitching staff isn't making the situation any better, whether it is Villanueva or Swihart.