Mobile Grepolis Discussion

DeletedUser20764

hmmm i know this is a web thing and i love it but our browsers on BB are VERY slow.... so couldn't the devs make an RIM App?

DeletedUser4013

I've added some new information to the Grepolis Mobile Announcement. Here's a summary:

It will be a mobile site, with support on iOS and Android operating systems. The site is free to all and can be accessed from any web enabled smartphone or tablet.

DeletedUser17088

epic, as soon you know if there is 'notifications' can you please inform us tyrion?

DeletedUser

I'm looking forward to this. I'm often hours away from my computer and have time to kill.

I don't think it will include alerts. If it did, InnoGames would make it premium. Tyrion did say it will be free.

DeletedUser17088

This was sarcasm. I've been adamantly campaigning against alerts ever since this topic was opened....

It was probably you who gave me insulting negative rep then, cheers

I think the app would be very good providing there are no alerts, most of my grepo time is from my phone

DeletedUser17088

If Nokia has a market comparable to iTunes and android market then I would think so, then again it does say it is for iPhone and android products

DeletedUser

It looks more like an optimised web page rather than an ap. If so, it should work on any phone with a browser and a touch screen.

DeletedUser20764

not specifically needing a touchscreen, and i swear it is a smaller optimized version of it for phone browsers...

DeletedUser4013

It is for smartphones and tablets with internet access/WiFi/3G/etc... capabilities. This version is accessed through the web browser on these devices.

DeletedUser

It is for smartphones and tablets with internet access/WiFi/3G/etc... capabilities. This version is accessed through the web browser on these devices.

Sounds good. I hope my $99 HP TouchPad will work on this mobile site.

Thank you Grepolis Dev Team!

Richard

Strategos
Im having trouble thinking if my internet browser on my iPhone ever gives me alerts, does it? Im pretty confident it not only wont, but can't alert. Having said that, I've never designed a mobile website or app...

None of the above is Gospel, we haven't had it confirmed either way.

DeletedUser17088

Im having trouble thinking if my internet browser on my iPhone ever gives me alerts, does it? Im pretty confident it not only wont, but can't alert. Having said that, I've never designed a mobile website or app...

None of the above is Gospel, we haven't had it confirmed either way.

ah.....why didn't i pay attention to the original post.

My Iphone doesnt alert me via browser sites, I had it in my head this was an App

DeletedUser

even if it was am app, you can turn off alerts/notifications in settings can't you? or at least, i thnk you can on the iphone, not sure about anyhting else!

Richard

Strategos
I think the issue is more if it can provide alerts, not that a player wouldn't want said alerts. If you can have your phone vibrate every time you have incoming, it makes it difficult to catch someone offline.

I can't see anything in my iPhones settings about push notifications for Safari.

DeletedUser

OHHH i see. Sorry, missed the point there. I thought there were trying to avoid unnecessary alerts.

However i don't believe having alerts would be too much of an issue anyway, if people can access grepo on their phone much more easily, it drastically decreases your changes of catching somoene offline. You no longer have the two periods of asleep or at skl/work. Only the asleep one. So this whole idea, although a good one for activity, does ruin that aspect of the game.