Mod applications

• Thread starter DeletedUser43011
  • Start date

DeletedUser43011

Dear forum admin and CoMa.

Is it possible you could filter through the applications you have for people applying to be a Mod (not me) before firing out a mass mail asking for more to apply.

Leaving someone in limbo for 3 months giving them the excuse you've been too busy is absolutely not an adequate excuse when your firing out mails asking more people to apply.

Yours faithfully... someone who doesn't accept useless excuses. Xx

P.s if you want someone accept them if not reject the persons application.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
If your app wasn't cleared out before the recent mass mail that's usually a good thing. Things have been sort of crazy for us the last well forever and we've finally got the time to sit down and go through apps so we did and then we sent out a mail for more apps. Going to be making the final decisions on the old apps and the new apps in the next little while.

DeletedUser43011

Good to hear, I personally haven't applied however I know of people who are pretty upset about spending the time voluntarily to apply ensuring they pay attention to detail with it for it to sit in limbo for months.

Kinda makes people question why they even bothered.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Sometimes we get a good app but we don't have a spot to fill so we leave it until we have one open. Other times we get swamped with things and have to spend our time and effort in other areas. Either way the current apps will be cleared in short order be they accepted or otherwise.

DeletedUser43011

Thanks for the quick response Baudin I'm sure it's been more than helpful.

DeletedUser30490

Just my 2 cents....CMs do a lot on a daily basis...on a daily basis(AFAIK) they have to make bug reports,handle lvl3...(or is it 1?) tickets meaning mostly premium related issues,submit reports on feedback thread,make sure their mods so what's needed to be done and such etc. All of this while balancing their real life jobs and or activities.
Yes,they do have others mods to assists...but from experience(I'd rather not say:p) I know that moderators mostly just handle the tickets,make a few bug reports but everything they do too goes through a CM and the final bugs reports are forwarded by a CM too(I might be wrong here as I've not been apart of an in-game team) Anyways what's I'm trying to say is that they have a lot to do with really not enough time. Also afaik inno asks for applications for available posts and sits on th until they really need a replacement or a new mod that way if a mod decides to quit then they don't have to wait a few weeks more maybe recruiting g and training a new mod.

DeletedUser43011

Get what your saying Druvi but what's the harm in keeping those people they asked to apply updated?

Don't forget this relies on volunteers which will soon dissappear if they're left in limbo for 3 months without a single word

DeletedUser19042

I am sure that if someone is motivated to become a moderator, they won't mind waiting 3 months.
Hell, I waited 6 before I eventually became one.

Please do not forget that there's no need for an update, if there's nothing to update. You either get hired or you don't.
There's absolutely no point in 'we're currently not interested in you, but perhaps later'-notifications. Next to that, the Community Managers do not check applications daily, they only do when they need a new mod.
So if in the last few months they didn't need one until now, it is very likely that they've only seen the application just now.

Once more I like to stress that if a volunteer is really dedicated to become a moderator, he'll see no harm in waiting.
Note that patience is a virtue that I find important for a moderator, and I'm sure a few will agree with me. If they 'disappear' after 3 months, they surely won't have been that motivated to mean something for the community.

DeletedUser

I am sure that if someone is motivated to become a moderator, they won't mind waiting 3 months.

Please do not forget that there's no need for an update, if there's nothing to update. You either get hired or you don't.
There's absolutely no point in 'we're currently not interested in you, but perhaps later'-notifications. Next to that, the Community Managers do not check applications daily, they only do when they need a new mod.
So if in the last few months they didn't need one until now, it is very likely that they've only seen the application just now.

Once more I like to stress that if a volunteer is really dedicated to become a moderator, he'll see no harm in waiting.
Note that patience is a virtue that I find important for a moderator, and I'm sure a few will agree with me. If they 'disappear' after 3 months, they surely won't have been that motivated to mean something for the community.

Not 100% sure but I think they have been asking for new mods for quite a while now, and even if the player is really dedicated to become a moderator, making him wait 6 months for something he volunteered to which will get him overworked and he will get not get paid for is absurd.

He is doing the community a favor by becoming a mod, more importantly he is doing Inno a favor by becoming a mod. He is becoming a customer service employee and Inno aren't wasting a penny of their precious money on him. The fact that applications do not even get answered until 6 months is ridiculous. There is a point in those "we are not interested now but maybe later" messages. It gives closure, and it shows the mods atleast cared enough to look at your application. To be ignored for something you are literally vonlunteering to do is stupid. What do mods get by modding? 2k gold for regulars and 4k for cm's (I think). That is practically nothing, atleast treat the people who are volunteering to do work for free with respect.

P.S
No I have never applied for a mod spot, just can understand peoples frustration

DeletedUser30490

Ignore my rep:d

If they turn down the applications when they aren't looking for mods,it's possible they might not even apply the next time. Specially seeing that the current state of the forum is hot that active players could end up just leaving the forum before mods are recruited again. This way CMs can actually accept an application they like whenever mods are needed and that player will get an email saying that. And they can then decide whether they still want to be a mod,otherwise if the players leaves the community and the application was rejected before there is no guarantee that he/she will apply again.

Also not sure how much mods here get paid,but I got some 3k crowns a month on tw2. Also not sure if it's a trade secret or even if it's really but I THINK CMs are paid in dollars or whatever.

DeletedUser19042

CM's indeed have an employee contract with InnoGames, they don't get paid with game currency.

Next to that, what Druvi says is indeed the case. If you reject a lot of players now (which might have been VERY good applications), the chance is pretty high they'll never apply again, so it's better to ask when you need them if they're still interested.

So best thing is just to wait, really. :p

DeletedUser17088

no mate, after 6 months they finally got desperate enough to let you have a colour :)

DeletedUser41523

So if I want to apply where do I go?

DeletedUser43011

Imagine a group of grep friends.

Friend A- applies 3-6 month ago and is left pending

The powers that be push another MM for Mod apps

Friend B is chatting with friend A and decides to apply, the next thing you know friend B is being Skype interviewed and his app status has changed whilst friend A is getting royally (insert expletive) off that he/she has been left in limbo for 3 months.

That will do more damage to a potential recruit to the mod team than a simple "sorry we decided not on this occasion"

Morale of the story, if you ask for applicants ensure you have the time to filter them before asking for new applicants.

The End.

Feel free to close this thread before other people that are not familiar with the situation makes wild assumptions to try justify they're existence.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
We've got a few mod applications that are being delayed because they applied to multiple servers. That always slows things down as we need to work out where they actually want to moderate and it gets more confusing if they apply for both forum and igm.

DeletedUser51423

It would just be polite and maybe professional to at least go through the applications on file before asking for new ones. Especially considering that once your application is submitted and active it just sits there, and you can't do anything about it.

DeletedUser44027

Hate to break it to any aspiring moderators, but the kind of people who can't wait for the position are, without fail, terrible moderators. Besides the obvious lack of patience, it shows a lack of trust in inno and the CMs. If these people are going to work with you, they want someone who's amicable and understanding, not someone who wants the menial pay or the power. I've seen plenty of mod apps (not grepolis ones), and it's pretty clear that the people who aren't willing to simply wait aren't interested in the right things. And app should be "can I help the game", not "am I going to be chosen". If you honestly cared about the state of the game, you'd be fine waiting until inno needed you.