Molon Labe DOW

DeletedUser

How far do you expect to expand? The further you push out the longer your front line and the more you face. This war will end up a stalemate after each has taken cities that are in their man areas

And that is why we have allies. You guys will have so many more battle fronts than we will that you will be spread out. Don't think that because you have a few alliances at war with you now that it will be all of them.

We were prepared for this eventuality

DeletedUser

Seriously, do you like looking like an idiot... Not a single member in our alliance has less than 300 offensive battle points.
300 offensive BPs? Whoop dee do. Now that really is elite! I like you. You make me laugh.

DeletedUser

And that is why we have allies. You guys will have so many more battle fronts than we will that you will be spread out. Don't think that because you have a few alliances at war with you now that it will be all of them.

We were prepared for this eventuality

I don't think there are many more alliances worth worrying about that aren't allied or at war with us already though?

DeletedUser

AoA's 11 best fighters have 20k more BP than the whole of the Molon Labe, so Average BP means nothing, since on paper Army of Aliens has far more greatfighters than ML do. However wars aren't won on paper, nor are they anything to brag about after only a few days;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

AoA's 11 best fighters have 20k more BP than the whole of the Molon Labe, so Average BP means nothing, since on paper Army of Aliens has far more greatfighters than ML do. However wars on won on paper, nor are they anything to brag about after a few days;)

Yea but over one third of those are from Aliens himself. If you exclude him it takes quite a few more Aliens. I still do think average means everything. A handful of strong players spread out in different oceans is not as good as an alliance of good players all in one place. Plus, the players we have to worry about in our areas are no way near as good as us. We did not start at the same time as you core folk.

DeletedUser

Yea but over one third of those are from Aliens himself. If you exclude him it takes quite a few more Aliens. I still do think average means everything. A handful of strong players spread out in different oceans is not as good as an alliance of good players all in one place. Plus, the players we have to worry about in our areas are no way near as good as us. We did not start at the same time as you core folk.

What happens when you do start coming into contact with our better players?

DeletedUser

What happens when you do start coming into contact with our better players?

As mentioned previously, there will be overs also attacking those players by that point, so there will be a lot for them to have to fend off. We will also be stronger by then, while the players in the core fight a grueling war.

DeletedUser

As mentioned previously, there will be overs also attacking those players by that point, so there will be a lot for them to have to fend off. We will also be stronger by then, while the players in the core fight a grueling war.

Sounds like fun. I'm thinking of going solo for a while anyway.

DeletedUser

Thanks. Have a few of AoA's allies that attacked me that I have to get revenge on :) Guy lost 1200 population of troops to me losing 60. Just finishing off a conquest and building up my troops. Don't know how it will be received by AoA so got to make sure I'm prepared

Well you are announcing it on the public forums lol.. I'd watch out :p

DeletedUser

There should not be a line. In our area there are heaps of AoA players but no other alliances at war with them. No Phenomen or Xmortis in these parts.

BP per player does mean a lot actually. It shows that all our players are actively fighting. Where as in your alliance only a handful are pulling their weight. You may have many more players than us but they are all spread out covering many oceans. In our areas (all of them) we out number you. We just need to slowly expand and only fight a portion of your alliance at a time. Since our players are on average better than yours, these portions we fight will get cut down.

This is all much like how the 300 Spartans held off the Persian army, they funneled them down so that they were fighting even numbers, with even numbers their odds went way up as they were far better fighters.

Would stop being as foolish as the late Semperfi of Legion. was. I hate to tell you this but those stats that you are so obsessed with don't tell the whole story. It does not tell you how many are fighting, only a fool looks at the stats and thinks they tell you everything about an alliance. SemperFi thought that, now he is at 0 points. You see, the stats don't show support, and our members get alot of it when they ask for it. If someone has low bp it is only because they are better at defense than they are at offense. If you send support, you don't get those points, the owner of the city they are supporting gets them. And we have alot more support then you do. We don't have to have better attackers if your troops can't get through our defenses. Alliance BP is how well it fights as an alliance, that is why they don't have an average BP per player stat, it means nothing.

DeletedUser

Would stop being as foolish as the late Semperfi of Legion. was. I hate to tell you this but those stats that you are so obsessed with don't tell the whole story. It does not tell you how many are fighting, only a fool looks at the stats and thinks they tell you everything about an alliance. SemperFi thought that, now he is at 0 points. You see, the stats don't show support, and our members get alot of it when they ask for it. If someone has low bp it is only because they are better at defense than they are at offense. If you send support, you don't get those points, the owner of the city they are supporting gets them. And we have alot more support then you do. We don't have to have better attackers if your troops can't get through our defenses. Alliance BP is how well it fights as an alliance, that is why they don't have an average BP per player stat, it means nothing.

Well obviously we are getting through your defences as we have now stolen 12 of your cities. Not weak ones either. It is only someone who is looking defeat in the eye who argues with cold hard statistics.

DeletedUser

f someone has low bp it is only because they are better at defense than they are at offense. If you send support, you don't get those points, the owner of the city they are supporting gets them. And we have alot more support then you do. We don't have to have better attackers if your troops can't get through our defenses. Alliance BP is how well it fights as an alliance, that is why they don't have an average BP per player stat, it means nothing.

Your logic is flawed.

I understand that a player with 0 BP could be a support machine. However, if these players were supporting alliance-mates, your total alliance BP would go up. Therefore, your average per member would go up as well.

In other words, your average BP per member would then accurately reflect the contribution of these "support turtles".

DeletedUser

Note: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
The only way onwards from a 'boom' period in an economy is downwards, the bigger the boom, the bigger the crash.

When there is a top alliance in a server, there are 2 options:

Join them
Fight them

It seems the warring path Molon Labe and others have taken will spark off this inevitable situation, and will test our alliances on both sides. Personally, I would've picked a better time to attack (ie. times when AoA was weak- which are few and far between) and do it by playing the game the way it was supposed to be played, with something called co-ordination and teamwork, not these whispers and mutterings in an attempt at poaching members.

The fact is AoA is the number one alliance in many aspects (along with our great allies UAE and others), no alliance has stood in our way so far. I ask that this attempt is actually worth all the attention it has been given, and perhaps even challenge us a little.

We are an alliance that has learnt to stand on our own 2 feet since the beginning of the game. I see no problem with our destructive nature- we are not playing happy families here... :pro: and it is a war game. We are where we are today because of a reason, 'survival of the fittest' is the phrase that comes to mind. Evolution is still playing out though, it's only a matter of time until you are either an empty shell, or a converted alien. Even the gods should be wary... The infection is spreading!

DeletedUser4660

The only way onwards from a 'boom' period in an economy is downwards, the bigger the boom, the bigger the crash.

Join them
Fight them

It seems the warring path Molon Labe and others have taken will spark off this inevitable situation, and will test our alliances on both sides. Personally, I would've picked a better time to attack (ie. times when AoA was weak- which are few and far between) and do it by playing the game the way it was supposed to be played, with something called co-ordination and teamwork, not these whispers and mutterings in an attempt at poaching members.

The fact is AoA is the number one alliance in many aspects (along with our great allies UAE and others), no alliance has stood in our way so far. I ask that this attempt is actually worth all the attention it has been given, and perhaps even challenge us a little.

We are an alliance that has learnt to stand on our own 2 feet since the beginning of the game. I see no problem with our destructive nature- we are not playing happy families here... :pro: and it is a war game. We are where we are today because of a reason, 'survival of the fittest' is the phrase that comes to mind. Evolution is still playing out though, it's only a matter of time until you are either an empty shell, or a converted alien. Even the gods should be wary... The infection is spreading!
ha ha funny

DeletedUser

Join them
Fight them

BAAAWW is all I heard there. You say that this is a war game. Well we have brought you war.

Current standings for Molon Labe vs AoA is 14 to 2. That seems pretty concrete to me. It's well past the initial rush. I have seen some horrendous attacks on our players from your "esteemed" alliance.
7 biremes to attack? - Lol what?
Supporting our conquests? - Thanks for your concern but we had plenty already :)

DeletedUser

Alliances that are concentrated in a single area should expect to do super well early on when fighting an alliance like AoA that is everywhere. Whether those concentrated alliances will be continue to be relevant after their initial areas of focus are cleared remains to be seen.