Proposal Morale abuse prevention in addition to new morale changes

DeletedUser50990

Proposal: Turn on/off morale boost/reduction based on a ratio of the amount of defense in the city that belongs to the city owner vs the amount of defense that is provided by other players (i.e. alliance mates).

Reason: To prevent abuse of the current (and proposed new) morale system.

Details: if a player that is being attacked that qualifies for reduced morale, the last measure to honor the morale deduction should depend on who is providing the defense for that city. if the defense in the city (by defensive value) belonging to the city owner equals 25% or more of the total defense in the city, then the morale reduction can be activated. If the city owner does not have any of his own defense or less than 25% of the total defense in the city, then the morale would not be reduced. (The 25% number is a starting point, but could be up for debate. I would rather that number be higher, but I think 25% could be fair.)

Visual Aids: N/A

Balance/Abuse Prevention: This will prevent abuse. It forces the small player to invest their own resources and population space into their own defense in order to take advantage of morale. It would also put a limit on the size of a stack of defense that can take advantage of morale reductions.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The problem I see with this is simply how complicated it would be to implement. You'd be adding in more conditions on when morale is applied which would inevitable lead to a ton of bugs.

DeletedUser50990

i have no idea how complicated coding would be, but i do see that feature included in dio tools showing unit strength. i was thinking it could be done in the agora where it shows where all the defense is native to.

and the idea is in fact to add an extra condition onto when morale is applied, but its for a good cause. the way it is now is just not acceptable to most players and something needs to be done to reign it in if you will now threaten us that most if not all worlds will have morale active. so if that means a little bit of extra work to get it right, so be it.

DeletedUser54702

I agree, this idea would help prevent abuse of the morale system.

Saying "We can't because it's too complicated" is a very poor mindset.

What does Inno pay its designers for if not to figure out how to make the game better, no matter how complicated?

Shuri2060

Strategos
Suggestion (deleted earlier post bcuz various flaws with the idea :)):

Make morale affect the defender, not the attacker (doesn't make a difference - just semantics, but allows the following). Make morale have less of an effect the bigger the stack in the defender's city.

Eg. let M be morale (percentage normally calculated), D be the DEF value for a certain stat (blunt/sharp/distance/naval) and D' the final DEF value after morale is taken into account.

Normally you'd have D' = D / M.

Instead, perhaps something like D' = D + (1 - M) * sqrt(D) / M would work better?

Probably flaws with the above (I think it makes morale have much less of an effect) and some other formula/change would be better, but can't think of one atm.