Morale enabled from here on?? Rumors true?

DeletedUser55135

There is a rumor circulating, that all worlds will soon have morale enabled with no option for a non-morale world.

Is this rumor true, can any one verify this claim? If so, what is the intention of this?

To further this discussion, I would also like to point out that morale worlds now are just a system for abuse in Conquest worlds. Morale drivers, driven by very experienced players are a definite thing now, to land and lock down a siege.
Morale was designed to protect the little guy (or the new guy), from being beaten up by the big guy (or the experience guy). Which I totally get, but now the little guy has open advantages to beat up on the big guy.

If there is any validity to this claim about worlds becoming Morale enabled, this will lose a lot of player base in my opinion unless there is 2 changes to the morale system;

Conquest: Every city in siege, can be attacked with 100% morale regardless of who the driver is.
Conquest/Revolt: Every WW city can be attacked with 100% morale regardless of who the city owner is.

Sure you can argue "but how is the little guy supposed to grow if they cant protect their own sieges"? Well allow me to retort; This is a team game, use alliance support. Thats how you grow. And look if the little guy is ballsy enough to try take a big guys city, well then you should learn to chew what you bite off.
And as for the WW cities, if you are a little guy or inexperienced, well i'm sorry but you should just not be on a WW island if this change concerns you.

These 2 changes, regardless of if these rumors are true or not, will stop the abuse of the morale system, and return the very purpose of morale back to its original intent.
And force people to fight the good fight, with the only determining factor in play being +/- luck, and the anti timer.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
International servers/markets are 1-2 weeks behind on latest InnoGames decisions that usually come a bit earlier to certain markets, such as dutch, i guess you will have to wait until developers confirm this in their upcoming blog series, also i heard they are open to changing how morale works, but morale deactivated wont be a thing anymore, you can verify this on your own by watching other markets release new worlds and their stats from now on out.

These worlds were announced after rumors started and were/are being released this week.
EN102 Morale On
DE89 Morale On
FRDion Morale On
NLKos Morale On

Last edited:

DeletedUser19140

Conquest: Every city in siege, can be attacked with 100% morale regardless of who the driver is.
Conquest/Revolt: Every WW city can be attacked with 100% morale regardless of who the city owner is.

Regardless of morale always being on or not, I think these changes do need to be made anyways. I am currently a morale driver in a world and have played grepo for years. I have always felt that it is an exploit of the system, and that it was as sloth said earlier, a way for the little guy to be protected against the big guy. Not the other way around, especially when you get a whole alliance the assist. I doubt this is what Inno intended with the morale system and so it should be looked at, similar to how they changed VM rules with WW after that was exploited. It needs to be changed.

DeletedUser13405

They really need to re-think having Morale on at all times if that is IN FACT what is happening. Many players will not play morale worlds at all.

Remember the hype surrounding the first Hero World? Achilles. People waited for months to see the new Gods and play the famed Hero World...they released it with morale and it immediately deflated the playerbase. Most top players refused to even join it. It was a complete dud for many people. It was the most hotly anticipated world in years and it flamed out due to morale being active.

Don't make the same mistake here. Release a variety of worlds for players to choose. Morale/Nonmorale worlds really need to be released equally.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
okay, know i'm going to be the odd person out here, and i know it's different when i'm on a revolt server
but when in a cq world, when i want to hit something, i hit something, regardless of morale
yes, i may add morale to the sim if i want to see how many troops i need
but i don't let high or low morale stop me from going for what i want
i think the two changes proposed by sloth should be implemented but otherwise i don't see how it changes my personal gameplay
yes, you can yell at me now

DeletedUser41523

I'm in different on morale personally. But I do feel that there should be morale off worlds. There's a clear skill gap between a 2/2 morale and 2/2 no morale. Trying to force them together won't work. It'll just be a nail in the coffin for many players who leave in search of a new game.

This also won't help the new players. Obviously people will stay and suck it up. The only difference is good premades will now be on that 2/2 morale and that'll likely put teams that had a chance before completely out of business.

DeletedUser19140

okay, know i'm going to be the odd person out here, and i know it's different when i'm on a revolt server
but when in a cq world, when i want to hit something, i hit something, regardless of morale
yes, i may add morale to the sim if i want to see how many troops i need
but i don't let high or low morale stop me from going for what i want
i think the two changes proposed by sloth should be implemented but otherwise i don't see how it changes my personal gameplay
yes, you can yell at me now

I dont think morale has really ever stopped a Big player from hitting a lower player. I am with you, if I want the city, I am going after the city regardless of morale. Its the exploit of using the whole alliance and having one experienced player be the CS driver for the sole purpose of putting a low morale on a siege to get better returns for your alliance if they try to break. I think it defeats the original intent of morale because it is a way to exploit it.

I'm in different on morale personally. But I do feel that there should be morale off worlds. There's a clear skill gap between a 2/2 morale and 2/2 no morale. Trying to force them together won't work. It'll just be a nail in the coffin for many players who leave in search of a new game.

This also won't help the new players. Obviously people will stay and suck it up. The only difference is good premades will now be on that 2/2 morale and that'll likely put teams that had a chance before completely out of business.

I agree that this wont help new people cause they already have new worlds that have morale and that has never really helped... so why put it on all. Let people choose.

Zarun-

Strategos
Have been seeing a lot of morale and cq lately.

Been waiting for a 6/6 no morale revolt for over a year now, not just on US/EN but international servers too.

DeletedUser35069

Is this rumor true, can any one verify this claim? If so, what is the intention of this?

Do we not have any sort of management team reading the forum and responding to queries anymore? This guy asked the question 5 days ago, why no response at all even if just to acknowledge someone asked a question?

DeletedUser31385

Unfortunately, we don't have information about this currently. If morale were to be enabled for all new worlds, a formal announcement would be made.

DeletedUser41523

I would hedge my bet around it being untrue. Inno has gotten through half a year without angering its base. I don't see them angering a large portion of it with a game breaking update.

Also off topic but the US server isn't really international. There's obviously outliers but most the people there are Americans.

Achileus85

Phrourach
Never understand that morale thing - so simmer have advantage against experienced player, only because simmer is much smaller. That is not understandable in my mind. Why? Why I have to loose bunch of troops only by farming some inactive cities around? Why I have to loose everything by attacking small player who provoked me, because he knew I will loose a lot against him? Morale worlds is good for simmers and small players, no morale worlds is for experienced fighters. If there will be no more worlds without morale, I will find another game for me and leave Grepolis.

If you want to protect new players, then developers could make system that new player have some morale protection for a month, and it going down slowly (after BP ends, any one that attacks this player will have 50% morale, and every week it increases for 10%, so in last week it have 90% and after that 100%). If player can not grow up in that month to protect himself, then why he is playing? Also i would love to see morale off for players that are inactive for more than 5 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

Have to say I've always rather liked morale, I see it as an extra challenge. But I like playing without, too, so wouldn't want to see any change.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
I would hedge my bet around it being untrue. Inno has gotten through half a year without angering its base. I don't see them angering a large portion of it with a game breaking update.

Also off topic but the US server isn't really international. There's obviously outliers but most the people there are Americans.

tell that to Spanish Community Manager cuz he confirmed it :)

DeletedUser54702

Inno is a business with its primary goal being to make as big of a profit as possible.

Their business model for this "free to play" game relies on the gold whales- the players who are willing to spend vast amounts of money on this game. They get some profits from the casual players, or players who choose not to buy gold rarely if ever, but the real cash cow that supports this game is the dedicated players who have found a game they enjoy enough they are willing to spend as much money on as they need to win, or gain an advantage.

By forcing a stupid and easily exploitable game mechanic on these players, would probably be just another nail in the coffin for grepo, and will drive away a large portion of the community.

If this rumor is indeed true, inno will likely see a large decline in their revenue stream from this game, and will roll this update back.

Not that what any of what i say on this matters, i think we are mostly talking to ourselves here.

Good to see you fig
smiley_emoticons_smilenew.gif

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Inno is a business with its primary goal being to make as big of a profit as possible.

Their business model for this "free to play" game relies on the gold whales- the players who are willing to spend vast amounts of money on this game. They get some profits from the casual players, or players who choose not to buy gold rarely if ever, but the real cash cow that supports this game is the dedicated players who have found a game they enjoy enough they are willing to spend as much money on as they need to win, or gain an advantage.

By forcing a stupid and easily exploitable game mechanic on these players, would probably be just another nail in the coffin for grepo, and will drive away a large portion of the community.

If this rumor is indeed true, inno will likely see a large decline in their revenue stream from this game, and will roll this update back.

Not that what any of what i say on this matters, i think we are mostly talking to ourselves here.

Good to see you fig
smiley_emoticons_smilenew.gif

uumm no one said they would just leave morale as it is, they said to send them any ideas on how to improve morale..

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Where did inno say this?

none of these thinks are posted on international servers(EN or US)
only dutch inno staff posted it on their externals and spanish staff on theirs recently, would it really be untrue if those guys were posting that stuff ?
and why would they say in this words(rough translation) "inno informed us that no new no morale worlds will be released, msg us for any ideas on how to improve the way morale works"