Discussion Morale in Ghosts..get rid of it

• Thread starter DeletedUser36697
  • Start date

DeletedUser36697

Its my viewpoint that implementing the Morale factor in Ghosts was a major mistake. For some reason changes are now being geared to help the smaller player and hinder the larger player.
Alliances using low morale have changed the way the game is being played. there are numerous areas where morale is important to stop "Bullying". However having the Morale factor present in ghosts, in Hyperborea, is giving an unfair advantage to low scoring Alliances and their members.
This is a non revolt world, Ghosts are the only way of increasing ones city counts, by factoring morale into ghosts you make the smaller player my equivalent. This does not represent any form of actual battle scenario..
GHOSTS SHOULD MORALE FREE...
Everything is geared to ensure the higher scores don't get a edge up on anybody, reduced favour production, actual morale in real cities.......Stop Morale with the Ghosts
I have spent a great deal of MY time and MY MONEY to get to where I am today to discover that a small player can increase the def BP's for an entire Alliance. they get the beneficent of his lower morale while gaining extra with the Def BPS.. I on the other hand run into players over 500,000 points(100% MORALE NORMALLY) getting DEF BPs on MY ATTACKS where the Morale is in the 40-50% range.
I see this as a measure to remove the larger players from the game or turn them into simmers and Colonists just building Cities and unable to battle other than a select few.
If the idea to reduce the capabilities of larger players and increase the odds for the smaller players you will have created a situation where there is no advantage to growing beyond 500,000 points. Why bother growing you can attack anybody you want and with ghosts getting DBP without a C/S the game will change to killing C/S in ghosts rather than playing a War Game. This in-turn will increase the number of simmers in the world, reduce attacks, increase boredom with the game and eventually kill off the world.
Its a weird world that punishes senior people for trying to expand, in the only method allowed them, and expect people to do this forever is ludicrous..

DeletedUser18705

You're on Hyperborea, spending money, and you're complaining about something encouraging simming and colonizing... :eek:

DeletedUser

is this a hyperborean thing? Morale on ghosts? how does this even work? i presume your talking about clearing a ghost that has been stacked by an enemy so someone can conquest it and the morale refers to the previous ghosted owners morale?
it would be a weirder world that would stagnate if you just let big players grab everything they wanted and therefore no new players would join..btw my are you spending money on hyper? I'm not sure i get the point.
although having slagged it off I'm actually enjoying the strange concept that it is, its actually quite tactical in a strange way.

DeletedUser35069

Stacking a ghost wouldn't make a difference. You stopped getting dbp from ghosts a good while back. Reading the opening post I think the guys just crying about morale in general and how he can't get a fair fight because the smaller players have reduced morale to him. Which is kinda the point of morale.

Or do ghosts take on the morale of the seigeing player when under siege? It's been so long since I played morale active I can't remember.

DeletedUser36697

Morale is being applied to ghosts..Ghosts/colonization are the only way to increase your city count/map position in Hyperborea ..
Morale is now being used as a tactic...Low score player places a C/S in a ghost and all high score defenders are getting the low morale value applied to their DBP's..While the attacker loses many more troops due to the low morale of the player &C/S in the ghost.
Implementing morale on a Ghost has created a game where low scoring players are more important than those the High scoring Players.
This is a war game, where a world has limited the only mechanism for growth, by creating an artificial situation where "The Weak are Equal to the Strong" in all facets of the game.. why grow beyond the size, where it takes more time to rebuild your cities than the losses are worth

DeletedUser43558

Morale isn't applied to ghosts normally, only when there's a CS in it. Morale is applied when attacking a city under siege, and the morale is applied based on the conquering player's points. This is the case with all conquests.

DeletedUser5819

+rep to bibo for knowing what is going on.

Dado you are very late to this revelation. Cities in siege take on the morale of the siege-holder. It has been that way quite literally for years.

DeletedUser5819

Dado you are very late to this revelation. Cities in siege take on the morale of the siege-holder. It has been that way quite literally for years.
Aaaaand -rep to me
Thread: Morale in Ghosts..get rid of it
one day? wouldn't call that very late

Kinda...I wouldn't call 1 day very late either, and I didn't. So come on, step up with your evidence of "one day".

DeletedUser49197

Shouldn't this be in the ideas section since it is kind of asking for this feature to be "improved" (or in this situation "removed")

DeletedUser5819

Yes probably flame. Its already been in the bugs section, so it does the rounds as people notice it.

I think morale on ghost sieges in Hyper is a good thing - and I am not a small player, nor even a fan of morale in general.

This is a non revolt world, Ghosts are the only way of increasing ones city counts, ........ Its a weird world that punishes senior people for trying to expand, in the only method allowed them, and expect people to do this forever is ludicrous..
If this were true then morale on ghosts would be absolutely essential. If sieging ghosts were really the only way to increase your city count then without it smaller players would not last long on this world, due to never being able to expand. And following that, the world would not last long either.
But of course it is not true. City acquisition in Hyper is by founding or sieging ghosts. Quite possibly you forbid founding in your alliance dado, but that is down to you, and not something to take out on the little guys.

So here is why morale on ghosts on Hyper is not a bad thing. It is because this statement is also untrue.
Alliances using low morale have changed the way the game is being played. there are numerous areas where morale is important to stop "Bullying". However having the Morale factor present in ghosts, in Hyperborea, is giving an unfair advantage to low scoring Alliances and their members.
Now if you were playing a normal conquest world, where sieging any sort of city is allowed, then you might have a point. In fact it is a point that many have made over the years that little players can take a city (ghost or otherwise) on behalf a bigger player in their alliance, and hand it on. This gives everyone defending a good BP ratio and makes the small player useful to the team. It has been used tactically by bright observant players and alliances for...yes, here we go again....literally years.

But you can't do that on Hyper.

Smaller players can only take cities they have slots for. They cannot then hand them over to a larger player who is using them for their morale value. Owned cities cannot be sieged here, so no abuse is nor can be happening. The small player is taking a city for himself. Nothing more nor less. Can that really be unfair?

DeletedUser

You keep harping on about this being a war game yet you play in a world where cities can't be conquered. If you want war, go to a normal world and attack someone your own size, then you'll never have morale problems again.